Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 1usedsvt **OFFICIAL "Im not at Spring Zing" Thread** - 05/19/05 05:30 PM
So, instead of going to Spring Zing, what is everyone esle doing??

Im sitting around thinking of whether or not to fix up my SVT or sell it

-Dave
Me
I'm getting ready to pack up to go tommorow morning! I just hijacked your thread, [censored]!
I'm here waiting for the glass guy to come replace my windshield "between 12 and 4."

I'm never washing my car again ...

(naw, that's not true, but still)

click on the pic to get high-resolution .. it shows the L-shaped, 3-foot-long crack better.

Sitting here thinking how to beat someones butt!!
Originally posted by 98 SE:
I'm here waiting for the glass guy to come replace my windshield "between 12 and 4."

I'm never washing my car again ...

(naw, that's not true, but still)

click on the pic to get high-resolution .. it shows the L-shaped, 3-foot-long crack better.

Wow, that sucks man. Windshield cracks are horrible.
Sitting around waiting for work.
Originally posted by starjammir:
Sitting here thinking how to beat someones butt!!

First off i would gain some Weight and a Tad Bit of muscle before venturing out on that one toughguy
Meh this kid isnt to big lol..and im 1.60 not 1.03 or w/e
Originally posted by 1usedsvt:

-Dave

Fixing up my civic to sell it...
Originally posted by SVZETEC:

-Dave

spending money on my car and (gaf...) golf clubs instead of gas and a hotel room.

-Dave

I dont wanna sell the SVT, but it has come down to either spend alot of money on it, or sell it.
I got your back
im sitting here thinking of if i should but the bunch of mods i was about to get, or not. also if i should continue to stay married or not

oh yeah, and counting down the minutes till i take off to go see Epiode III

PS who's down for SZ in LV next year?!?

-Dave

I dont wanna sell the SVT, but it has come down to either spend alot of money on it, or sell it.

I'm just tired of insurance payments...I haven't driven the thing since Dec...time to go. I have to get this contour on the road, I'm tired of looking at it.

I see the morrette group buy & think, the car's (mine) not worth it. Your SVT is, but for how much more $$$ is it really worth it? It sucks being a grown-up...responsibility & stuff
repainting my front bumper and sideskirts,putting the mustang bullet gas door,redline shift boot,ebrake boot, getting it ready for carlisle
Me!

Interviewing for a 6 figure job, phone interview today and in-person tomorrow!

Oh and I'm in Cali...... long drive
wishing i was there and wanting to go see star wars episode III again, but i will wait till tomorow for seeing it for the 2nd time then saturday for the 3rd time, and maybe again sunday for the 4th time
Originally posted by tour96se:
repainting my front bumper and sideskirts,putting the mustang bullet gas door,redline shift boot,ebrake boot, getting it ready for carlisle

Add a spring to that list
I'm going to get all my parts together and put my new trans, diff, clutch, and cd player in
Posted By: Davo Re: **OFFICIAL "Im not at Spring Zing" Thread** - 05/19/05 06:28 PM
In. At work, going home to sleep afterwards because of Star Wars last night.
I'm just sitting here reading about what everyone else is doing instead of going to SZ. Then, later, I'll read about what the few people with net access at the hotel are doing while at SZ. After that, if I'm good, I'll let myself read what the people going home early from SZ did on their trip when they post it. I'd imagine that I can read about SZ all next week too because of all of the stragglers posting their pictures...
Posted By: Davo Re: **OFFICIAL "Im not at Spring Zing" Thread** - 05/19/05 06:43 PM
...all this for a guy who "couldn't make it".

Sitting at work for my second-to-last day Then on Sunday I get to wear a funny square hat and get a degree. Then I get to stress about getting a new job
Originally posted by Davo:
In. At work, going home to sleep afterwards because of Star Wars last night.

how can you sleep after seeing that, i am at work waiting till tomorow to go see it again......
youre graduating on a sunday? from what? sunday school?
congrats!
Originally posted by tour96se:

Add a spring to that list

........ahhh yes how you i forget putting my coilovers on too..
No, I managed to get a four-year degree in only 7 years! w00t!
who needs SZ..lol

I wanna go
Posted By: Davo Re: **OFFICIAL "Im not at Spring Zing" Thread** - 05/19/05 07:04 PM
Originally posted by ryanblacksvt:
how can you sleep after seeing that, i am at work waiting till tomorow to go see it again......

Wow, I thought I was hardcore. It will be a couple of days until I see it again. Everything needs to sink in. Trying to figure out if I was disappointed or not.
ohhhh disapointment and episode III dont belong in the same sentance. i cannot wait i was gonna go again tonight but its my car team meet night. damnit.....gotta wait till tomorow when i take my son
Originally posted by hetfield:
No, I managed to get a four-year degree in only 7 years! w00t!

Smartass .
Anywho, I'm sittin at home just got home from school a hour ago, got to work this weekend, and I graduate on Tuesday.
Working. Hoping my wife and I can get the kiddies in bed early enough to watch the CSI Season Finale tonight. Then clean up some more, as we have guests coming from across the Country for my son's 4th birthday party on Saturday.

I'm hoping to do the on the car UIM/LIM cleaning sometime soon, but tonight is shaping up to be quite busy. Might have to wait...

Then plugs, wires and oil change.
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
who needs SZ..lol

I wanna go

Why didn't you go this year? Betcha my excuse is better than yours
Posted By: SAV Re: **OFFICIAL "Im not at Spring Zing" Thread** - 05/19/05 08:00 PM
Having a knocking engine and a 3.OL on the horizon...

vs.

It's too far of a drive.

I think he's got you on this front.

-SAV
going to a party, takeing several naps, painting that black peice on the front bumper and whatever i feel like goshhhh
Moving this weekend. Going to see Star Wars again tomorrow.
hells yeah pete,,,,
Originally posted by Pete D:
Moving this weekend.

Ditto.
I'm going to clean my UIM/LIM and put my new plugs and wires in. I might paint the calipers and rotor hats while I'm at it. School is out so now I have time to work on my car.
I'm waiting to send of my papers.
Originally posted by starjammir:
Meh this kid isnt to big lol..and im 1.60 not 1.03 or w/e

Don't fret that stuff.. Ask Kokopellian.. I'm a little guy (145) but I wouldn't hesitate to take on someone at the 200 mark or more.. big does not equal strong, nor good.

I have multiple years of experience in different martial arts areas, and I think I could handle myself. Not saying that ANY little guy could take on a bigger guy, just saying that JUST because you are little doesn't mean you are weak, or a bad fighter.

Ray
is it pring zing right now? never cared much, now less with no tour.
Muahahah at everyone in IN, it rained today (Yes, I'm speaking out of spite!). I'm going to be studying for an exam next week and taking an MCAT practice test on Saturday and MCAT class on Sunday...whoopie
i wish i could of went...but instead i spent my 21st birthday(today)workin and then drivin 8 hours back home for the weekend....i wish i was at SZ05
spring zing is about 2 hours north of me up in Ft. Wayne (I am in indianapolis) and i still didn't go LOL. didn't wanna be an outcast with the jetta

~Andrew
Posted By: TGO Re: **OFFICIAL "Im not at Spring Zing" Thread** - 05/20/05 01:42 AM

-Dave

Not as SZ...about to watch ER and pass out, then get up super early and do it all over again.
Not at SZ because the 3L didn't get finished in time. Third year I missed. I'll go someday.

I'm using the time I took off from work to finish the 3L this weekend.

So it wasn't a complete waste I didn't go.
I'm waiting until tommorrow afternoon when i leave for SZ
I'm spending the weekend with my new Lady Friend, who by the way was the first woman licensed to run on the Salt Flats and El Mirage. Eat your hearts out guys I found a car girl
Posted By: OB1 Re: **OFFICIAL "Im not at Spring Zing" Thread** - 05/20/05 02:37 AM
Planning on pulling the tranny out of my CSVT, Hoping that Terry Haines gets back with me before I get done b/c if he doesn't as soon as I get the cash I rebuildin' me a MTX-75. Or trying to anyway. But I'm at work right now and i'm supposed to be supervising but i'm enjoying CEG as usual, 12 hours is a long night.

-Dave

I'm getting married on Saturday and heading to my honeymoon on Monday. :-)
Originally posted by bishop375:
I'm getting married on Saturday and heading to my honeymoon on Monday. :-)

Congrats dude. I'm getting really worried about the CAT I ordered, no response to emails, they never call back and there's def. $239 on my CC. But I think when I call tomorrow I'm going to refuse to have them call me back. It's been over a week & I should have the !@#$ thing...

Oh yea, and I'm replacing a ball joint! Somebody shoot me!
-Dave

Packing all my stuff and getting ready to start moving soon. If I didn't have to move by the end of the month I would have gone.
I am still unpacking boxes, trying to get settled in our new house. We are going to northern Calif in mid June. That's about it.
Originally posted by SVT Driver627:

Well.......um..you suck then, so YEAH!

Originally posted by MaddMike:
Eat your hearts out guys I found a car girl

And you too!

Haha just playin.

Good lordy I'm bored!
I wish i was at SZ, but my roomate situation fell through.... So insted i polished off a entire 12pack of labatt blue. Im out 25$ for the SZ deposit, but im in a good place right now. peace out my good firneds.

Biaaaatch
Originally posted by tourifik:
Sitting around waiting for work.

Biaaaatch

I'm leavin in a couple hours, just gotta wash the tour and pack some stuff then i'm out!
i am leaving in a few hours too....from work to go see star wars again,hehehehehe
going backpacking on the AT
Originally posted by LancasterSVT:
going backpacking on the AT

WOW! How far are ya goin? Have you read the book A Walk in the woods by Bill Bryson? Excellent book!! He talks about "tryin" the WHOLE AT from Geogia to Maine!!!

I am outty in 1 hour 15 minutes to go pick up my son and go see Ep. III can't wait!!!!
Work, working on house(demo), working on car(it final runs),susposed to go race,and I'd rather spend my money on my house then a hotel room and alot of diesel.
hells yeah brother enjoy it, i know you will. i have t minus 5 hours till i am sitting there with my son seeing it the 2nd time then again tomorow and sunday

-Dave

...to answer your question...i'm selling or parting mine out.
Originally posted by Pimpalicious316:
spring zing is about 2 hours north of me up in Ft. Wayne (I am in indianapolis) and i still didn't go LOL. didn't wanna be an outcast with the jetta

~Andrew

I'm FROM Fort Wayne... and I'm not there.

I don't mind being an outcast with a jetta, but I'm graduating college... I figure that's more important!
Me too.

I didn't want to use my vacation time and spend the 200 in gas for the truck :-) I am going to have to go soon enough to pick my turd up.

Originally posted by mbTDI:

I'm FROM Fort Wayne... and I'm not there.

...all this for a guy who "couldn't make it".

Yup, having sugery July 2nd to remove my tonsils and uvula (spelling???) due to sleep apnea and the recovery period is 2-4 weeks. Kinda kills the sick time and vacation all in one swipe. My throat will be optimized though...
Originally posted by bnoon:
My throat will be optimized though...

Ahhh Ha!

They really remove the uvula? I thought it served some sort of purpose...but then again, what do I know
Im figuring out how the hell to get my Borla Exhaust on..I have like no time this weekend and I hate to see it sit in my garage!
Posted By: Davo Re: **OFFICIAL "Im not at Spring Zing" Thread** - 05/20/05 07:09 PM
uvula (spelling???)

Vulva?
uvula (spelling???)

Vulva?

mulva?
Originally posted by MxRacerCam:
uvula (spelling???)

Vulva?

mulva?

Delores!
I'm graduating High School tonight! FInally, I'm done with it, yet, I'm going to miss it.

Robert
Originally posted by RobSVT-t:
I'm graduating High School tonight! FInally, I'm done with it, yet, I'm going to miss it.

High school? Man, my school didn't hold graduations till well into June (mine was June 7, the day before I turned 18). My college has graduation ceremonies today/tomorrow, though (not for me - I graduate next year).

Compared with college, I won't miss high school nearly as much
I'm going to a friend's graduation party tonight, tomorrow I'm going to the races and a party afterwards. Wishin i was at SZ
Originally posted by Bmonje:
I wish i was at SZ, but my roomate situation fell through....

you should have still come
we contemplated waiting for you for a few minutes at Angola, but Bill was pretty sure you weren't coming.

btw, every room here has a fold out couch bed.
If you didn't have a room for some reason, you could have asked pretty much anyone here to sleep on their couch, and I doubt many would have turned you away.

SZ05 is pretty damn kick ass thusfar.
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:

SZ05 is pretty damn kick ass thusfar.

WHY! OH WHY!
so um.... why aren't you guys posting some pics again? i'm confused?
Originally posted by judis:
so um.... why aren't you guys posting some pics again? i'm confused?

Here, is the forum your looking for, for SZ pics, there isn't much, but hopefully they'll post more up.
show n shine today should provide more pics.
I've been too lazy to snap any.
the few I have aren't work safe due to drunken Elky antics.
I cant wait to see some pictures !!! Lot of you will see my parts installed anmd shiny
i would post pics but I haven't taken alot so far, well I did at the show and shine today but I can't get onto my webspaces to upload the pics so that I can host them. Since I have them in my network places on my home computer I forgot how to get into them and thus can not upload anything to those spaces, but i will when we get home
My throat will be optimized though...

Ahhh Ha!

They really remove the uvula? I thought it served some sort of purpose...but then again, what do I know

Just wait until I upgrade my "exhaust"!!!

Yeah, the uvula is coming out along with the tonsils and some of the soft pallet.

Please tell me they are knocking you out for that one...
I'd avoid the 4" tips tho...

Please tell me they are knocking you out for that one...
I'd avoid the 4" tips tho...

Actually, we're not upgrading the "exhaust" as of yet. They have to stick a camera probe up my "tail pipe" to see if it needs upgrading first. No knocking out involved, just extreem cramps to go through as they inject air inside me to allow a good view for the camera search. I feel so violated and it hasn't even happened yet!
© CEG Archives