Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Stryker does anybody know... - 09/06/04 02:22 AM
how long it takes an inspection station to tell the DMV that a vehicle has been inspected??? is it instantaneous afterisnpectiopn, or do they turn them in at the end of the month???

the only reason i ask is this lexus im buying...the carfax states that the last inspection was 8/21/2003. if he got it done (which im pretty sure he has, it just hasnt kicked in yet) then why hasnt it shown up in the carfax???
Posted By: rouar Re: does anybody know... - 09/06/04 03:13 AM
I don't know about your state, but Massachusetts prints out an inspection report copy for the owner to retain. I have each annual report dating all the way from 2001 (e.g. when my parents bought the car, and recently when it was transferred to me), including safety checks and biyearly emissions tests/readouts, and all list the date inspected. Additionally, MA has an inspection sticker on the windshield of the car that dates the next inspection due (one year from the inspection happening). Those two pieces of information can easily date and verify inspection - the window sticker being the most reliable of course.

Assuming that wherever you live does that.
Posted By: Stryker Re: does anybody know... - 09/06/04 03:38 AM
i didnt even think to check the sticker.
© CEG Archives