Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Do the rear reflector assemblies for either car fit either car? Because I like the contour rear reflector because of hte big chrome/stainless steel look. I was just thinking of prying off the chrome off my mystique reflector and adding it to the contour. If that's possible, I'll pick one up, if not, I'm going to have to replace my current reflector because I screwed up drilling the Mercury emblem in there (new bigger one).
Yes I'm 99% positive that it's interchangable. The only difference is that the Mystique has chrome on the side taillights. The center reflector is similar as well and bolts into the same place.
yes they are..10000000% sure..
but if you do replace the reflector make sure that the taillights match it or it will look wierd.
Originally posted by 2000myst:
but if you do replace the reflector make sure that the taillights match it or it will look wierd.

agreed

Seeing that I was the first here in the CEG to do this I feel the need to speak on this The above car used to be mine (duh ) and here's what you've gotta do:

-you need the tails AND the center reflector because of the chrome strip that runs all the way across it.

-the bulb connector is slightly different and because I was lazy at the time all I had to do was use some duct tape to hold the assembly in place (everything could use some duct tape now and then ) and besides, the big plastic piece holds everything in place and its then hidden. Some good with splicing will do it the right way though

I feel this was a great mod because it got rid of the chrome that a car with a Euro look doesn't need and to help that along further I used blackout tape from PepBoys to eliminate all the chrome from the rear section, even the emblem came out eventually and custom decal installed in place of the Merc logo Additionally the area around the licence plate looks 1000% better IMO and the backup light area looks custom with the black lines in there. In closing this was one of my best mods not only for the above reason but it was also free because someone else wanted what I had, perfect! Good luck doing this and if you need further proof, refer to the above pic
still one of the mods i'd love to do. i've even bought the pieces but they werent to my standards so i sold them.(dont buy these kinds of items off ebay). i'll only buy them if i can see them in person like a local salvage yard.
I just found out from Chad that the new owner swapped out the Mystque reflector/tailights in favor of the stock ones OH well, to each his own I guess!
© CEG Archives