Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Ex-Mean'Tour Lighted windshield washer nozzles - 03/30/05 05:14 PM
Why? What is the purpose of these? I only see them on "ricer" cars. What is the function of them? Any? Just another place to put a light? Cheap neons?

I don't get them. Can anyone explain them?

I guess to each his own, I'm not meaning to criticize.
Posted By: Stylin55_oh Re: Lighted windshield washer nozzles - 03/30/05 06:10 PM
They serve one purpose, to let everyone know the person driving the car is openly gay. But i guess some people just put them on because they are cool.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Lighted windshield washer nozzles - 03/30/05 06:11 PM
Originally posted by meancontour:
Why? What is the purpose of these? I only see them on "ricer" cars. What is the function of them? Any? Just another place to put a light? Cheap neons?

I don't get them. Can anyone explain them?

I guess to each his own, I'm not meaning to criticize.

One function - To show off how pathetic the driver's taste is in modding(if you can call it that) their car. They serve no real function, they're ugly, tacky and just plain annoying. But if you "trust the pro's at Auto Zone", then that is your idea of modding a car.

Mark
Originally posted by stylin550:
They serve one purpose, to let everyone know the person driving the car is openly gay.

ROTFLMAO!!!
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Lighted windshield washer nozzles - 03/30/05 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
They serve one purpose, to let everyone know the person driving the car is openly gay.

ROTFLMAO!!!

Funny I actually typed that same sentence ALMOST word for word, but decided to back it out in fear of offending anyone. I click the continue button to enter my post and see that stylin550 posted at the same time I did!! Hahaaa

Mark
Posted By: Stylin55_oh Re: Lighted windshield washer nozzles - 03/30/05 08:03 PM
LOL so we all concur on this opinion.. seriously LMAO!!
Aren't those lighted nozzles to let the "blinger" behind the wheel know his neons are on under the car as well?? Or is it (as a Cop friend surmised) an aiming point for other gang members to shoot at?? Don't know.....they are a stupid upgrade in any case....
Posted By: Sl33stak Re: Lighted windshield washer nozzles - 03/30/05 10:02 PM
I thought they were for aligning yer VTEC on the track?
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: Lighted windshield washer nozzles - 03/30/05 10:06 PM
I got em man, they added like a million HP.

I did buy soem though, haven't put em on, haven't planned on wiring them, but my factory nozzles are shot. I plan on painting them flat black though, not keep the sh!tty chrome.

~Alex
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Lighted windshield washer nozzles - 03/30/05 10:21 PM
Originally posted by SVT Driver627:
I did buy soem though

Bad idea!

haven't put em on

Good idea!

Mark
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: Lighted windshield washer nozzles - 03/30/05 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
I did buy soem though

Bad idea!

haven't put em on

Good idea!

Mark

I bought them for their sheer function, not the lighting-up-ness. haha and like i said i plan on painting them flat black.

~Alex
Posted By: R_G Re: Lighted windshield washer nozzles - 03/30/05 10:47 PM
What function/purpose serve undercarriage neons? What function serve blue - as opposed to stock green - LED switches?

Yawn...
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: Lighted windshield washer nozzles - 03/30/05 10:48 PM
Different strokes for different folks, i plan on doing some underbodies in the somewhat near future.

~Alex
Posted By: CSportV6 Re: Lighted windshield washer nozzles - 03/30/05 11:00 PM
the only purpose that the LEDs on the hood serve is to show everyone "Hey, I can't afford to do a REAL mod to my car". I also wanna add some underbody ones though....WITHOUT the actual neon sticks showing....i hate when people do that.
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: Lighted windshield washer nozzles - 03/30/05 11:05 PM
I saw a mustang, like an 2001 body style, with green LED underbodies, now it could've maybe looked good, other than the fact that the side tubes were showing full bore, that just looks like sh!t. When the tubes show it just looks cheap and stupid, always take the time to attempt at hiding the tubes, or wait until you have sideskirts of some kind to hide them.

~Alex
Posted By: Stylin55_oh Re: Lighted windshield washer nozzles - 03/31/05 04:02 PM
When i bought my SVT the idiot had installed led squirters. I quickly took them out and went to a local junkyard and picked up two nice flat black contour squirters for free i think. Maybe a dollar. Just a thought for anyone whos got em now
Posted By: Augi Re: Lighted windshield washer nozzles - 03/31/05 04:13 PM
You guys trying to offend me or persuade me? LOL
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Lighted windshield washer nozzles - 03/31/05 04:24 PM
I saw the title of this thread and was about to shoot someone thinking someone wants to put them on
Posted By: Ex-Mean'Tour Re: Lighted windshield washer nozzles - 03/31/05 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Quicksilver:

That's what I thought ! I wondered if there was some purpose that I was missing...

I just see a lot of them, and wondered.
Posted By: Richy B Re: Lighted windshield washer nozzles - 03/31/05 06:44 PM
Those windshield washer nozzles are def. GAY.

As far as the underbody neon kits from StreetGlow I believe
is a good investment and I am getting a nice set soon. And
yes they do look like crap when you can't/don't hide the bulbs.
Posted By: ottawanker Re: Lighted windshield washer nozzles - 03/31/05 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Richy B:
As far as the underbody neon kits from StreetGlow I believe is a good investment

Now, to each their own, and I've certainly seen cars that look good with some underbody neon, but I don't think I could really call it a good investment..
Posted By: Richy B Re: Lighted windshield washer nozzles - 03/31/05 08:55 PM
Originally posted by ottawanker:
As far as the underbody neon kits from StreetGlow I believe is a good investment

Now, to each their own, and I've certainly seen cars that look good with some underbody neon, but I don't think I could really call it a good investment..

Better investment then the light up windshield washer caps lol.
Posted By: Kessen Re: Lighted windshield washer nozzles - 04/01/05 07:16 AM
They serve one purpose, to let everyone know the person driving the car is openly gay. But i guess some people just put them on because they are cool.

oh man, that made me laugh hard
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Lighted windshield washer nozzles - 04/01/05 01:12 PM
Originally posted by ottawanker:

Yeah, no kidding. I did blue LEDs because I find the blue lights to be pleasing. They look stock, and are a cleaner, brighter light than the green. Lights on the outside of a car are not my bag. Underbody lights are not my thing at all, but if you do show cars, you can make them look good. There is nothing good about LED WW nozzles.
Posted By: CSVT985 Re: Lighted windshield washer nozzles - 04/01/05 10:20 PM

I have the LED Kit and actually took 2 days to install it, I drilled holes and custom brackets into the side skirts and into the bottom of the bumpers.

The hard part is running all the wires through the undercarriage...brake lines worked the best...but LED = 100% better than Neon...as neon breaks within 2 weeks.

Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: Lighted windshield washer nozzles - 04/02/05 12:16 AM
Originally posted by CSVT985:

I have the LED Kit and actually took 2 days to install it, I drilled holes and custom brackets into the side skirts and into the bottom of the bumpers.

The hard part is running all the wires through the undercarriage...brake lines worked the best...but LED = 100% better than Neon...as neon breaks within 2 weeks.

I like LED's for their style and different types of patterns but i don't like how they lay more of a line of light rather than glowing such as neons do. I've been back and forward over LED vs. neon and i'm still debating.

~Alex
Posted By: CarpePoon_dup1 Re: Lighted windshield washer nozzles - 04/02/05 12:44 AM

Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: Lighted windshield washer nozzles - 04/02/05 12:51 AM
Originally posted by CarpePoon:

Here they all are put together...

the little dot-like things on the trunklid are in fact LED washer nozzles taking place for where the factory wing was, man did i have pitty on this poor mustang's soul.

This car needs some TLC BADLY by a owner who isn't a moron.

~Alex
Posted By: ssolomo Windshield washer nozzles you can aim - 04/04/05 07:26 PM
Seriously, our washer nozzles suck. They spray everywhere but on the windshield, especially if you aren't moving. I want to put some in (NOT LEDs) that have metal nozzles you can aim - anyone retrofitted any? Suggestions?
Originally posted by ssolomo:
Seriously, our washer nozzles suck. They spray everywhere but on the windshield, especially if you aren't moving. I want to put some in (NOT LEDs) that have metal nozzles you can aim - anyone retrofitted any? Suggestions?

Agreed, at a stoplight mine spray the sunroof. But at highway speed the work perfectly.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Windshield washer nozzles you can aim - 04/04/05 07:54 PM
I have black washer nozzles that I bought from Autozone, that I installed on my CF hood. They're found on the "HELP!" rack and work awesome. theyre aimable and look good and seem to be even better quality than the OEM Ford ones.
© CEG Archives