Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Pascal Selling my SVT... - 07/15/02 02:09 PM
...for those of you that don't know yet, my Contour is now officially for sale. I've got an ad in the classifieds off the main CEG site too.

Please pass the word around if you have friends that could be interested! PM me for details.

..and sorry for the advertising.. :rolleyes:
Posted By: TheGreatOne Re: Selling my SVT... - 07/15/02 02:57 PM
sorry to hear it...why are you getting rid of it, and what are you going to replace it with? Let me know if you're planning on parting it out as well.

I guess this means you won't be at next years SZ huh? frown
Posted By: Pascal Re: Selling my SVT... - 07/15/02 04:12 PM
Hey Chris..

I hope I won't have to part the car out. I'm looking at buying a VW GTI 1.8t... in fact, I'm driving it now.. :p

Like I keep sayin, if you have buddies looking for a not-so-stock SVT, tell them about me.. I don't mind driving some ways away to deliver it to the buyer.

I'd like to sell it to a potential CEGer instead of some local punk who will flip it in a ditch, you see what I mean?
Posted By: TheGreatOne Re: Selling my SVT... - 07/15/02 05:02 PM
I hear that. I'm just surprised as you easily own one of the sweetest SVT's on this site. I will keep my eyes open for someone who will take care of it right, but at the same time you can't blame me for wanting to pick up some "cheap" parts wink
Posted By: Pascal Re: Selling my SVT... - 07/15/02 05:07 PM
It's all good, you guys can fight for the parts once it's down there. laugh

I know it's pretty sweet, but despite our love for them, SVTs are still Fords, and they are hard to sell.

Everybody falls in love with mine when they see it or try it, but they can't seem to actually want to own it!! Maybe I'll have more luck with someone from the 'States, never know!
Posted By: GR8SVT Re: Selling my SVT... - 07/15/02 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Pascal:
Everybody falls in love with mine when they see it or try it, but they can't seem to actually want to own it!! Maybe I'll have more luck with someone from the 'States, never know!
Ain't that the truth. I've been toying with the idea of selling my SVT for a while. Everyone loves it. Everyone raves about it. When they drive it, they come out with a smile. But I never leave with a smile and a paycheck.

It's too bad you're selling your car. I've always loved your SVT. I've said that from day one.

Good luck on selling it.

Hope you don't mind the trolling. smile
Posted By: BlacknBlue Re: Selling my SVT... - 07/15/02 10:28 PM
Aw crap.
Posted By: Shaggy Re: Selling my SVT... - 07/16/02 01:49 AM
Say it ain't so! frown
Posted By: Pascal Re: Selling my SVT... - 07/16/02 02:12 AM
Yup, it's true.

I've renewed my love for hatchbacks, and I'm sure my Great Dane is going to love me for it in a few months. The SVT's been great but it's time for me to move on.

..Now if I could only find someone who doesn't care for Civics and can actually afford my car.. :rolleyes:

Chris, doens't your wife need a car?? laugh Or one of your buddies down there??
Posted By: XTREMECONTOUR Re: Selling my SVT... - 07/16/02 05:34 AM
Are you gonna part it out?
Posted By: Shaggy Re: Selling my SVT... - 07/16/02 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Pascal:
Chris, doens't your wife need a car?? laugh Or one of your buddies down there??
Wendy actually wants a Cougar...I'll ask around though. I hope you stick around and have some fun as, dare I say, a *troll* laugh :p
Posted By: Pascal Re: Selling my SVT... - 07/16/02 01:04 PM
I'm sticking around for sure Chris. CEG has grown into much more than just a Contour/Mystique website for me.

I've made so many great friends here, I'm not about to drop it all. Besides, VW boards are not the same.. shall I say caliber.. as CEG. frown

Chris, you know I'll drive the car to NY if that's what it takes. Julie will follow me in our new car and I can do the transaction down there. See if anyone's interested..

Trolls rulez.. :p
Posted By: timeless420 Re: Selling my SVT... - 07/18/02 04:17 AM
Pascal....if you end up parting out your car, please let me know if you get rid of you Leda's. I'm getting frustrated with my GC's.

BTW what did they do for the thrust bearing on the Leda's?

you can contact me at 647 280 7542 of you feel the need. May as weel try and keep them in Canada after all it took the get them here.
Posted By: bozman Re: Selling my SVT... - 07/19/02 12:49 AM
Hey Pascal what price are you asking for the car I might have a friend intrested and I will take you mirko splitter if you want to sell it separatly email me on pm bozman91@hotmail.com
Posted By: Pascal Re: Selling my SVT... - 07/20/02 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by timeless420:
BTW what did they do for the thrust bearing on the Leda's?
Strut bearings? You do what you want with that.. No such thing as a "kit" from Leda. I'm running a set of Jeff's heavy duty replacement units. Since we tried them on my SVT I've been really happy with them.

..Getting tired with GC's.. Heh, you wonder why I switched?? wink

Not parting the car out, I wanna move the whole thing at once, including spare parts I have. All or nothing..
Posted By: Lookin to buy Re: Selling my SVT... - 07/20/02 09:44 PM
Pascal.
I am looking to buy a SVT. Been looking around here (Twin Cities Minnesota) and havent had much luck with finding one I like. If you wouldnt mind hit me up on AOL sn - wesduluth I will be in and out of my office all night tonight till 1am (central) I would like to know some more about your car. Its not as new as I was thinking of buying. BUT it sure looks nice.
© CEG Archives