Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: GapBoyPCS_dup1 Let's hit Canadian Tire... - 10/21/05 12:47 AM

Tire stand
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Let's hit Canadian Tire... - 10/21/05 12:55 AM
Thats pretty cool. I like that it seperates the tire with a gap.
Posted By: timeless420_dup1 Re: Let's hit Canadian Tire... - 10/21/05 01:33 AM
Giddy up....I'm buying 3.
Posted By: Christian_dup1 Re: Let's hit Canadian Tire... - 10/21/05 02:39 AM
I feel a visit for two tomorrow

*counts wad of CT Money*
Posted By: chongo Re: Let's hit Canadian Tire... - 10/21/05 02:55 PM
That's pretty sweet.
My tires stay at my buddies shop, but this would help so they don't mistake them and trash them or put them on a movie car....
Posted By: Chris@CTA Re: Let's hit Canadian Tire... - 10/21/05 03:41 PM
Hmm, I might need a couple of these too.
Posted By: MazTour Re: Let's hit Canadian Tire... - 10/22/05 12:10 AM
lol,I could use a couple of those. I have 3 stacks of tires and rims sitting on my deck.

I spent $77 at CT today. Bosch +4 plugs and a couple muffler clamps and an adaptor pipe for my exhaust. w00t.
Posted By: LBVSVT_dup1 Re: Let's hit Canadian Tire... - 10/22/05 01:27 AM
For just $25 I just might ...
Posted By: timeless420_dup1 Re: Let's hit Canadian Tire... - 10/22/05 05:38 AM
Picked up 2 already. I just hope they fit larger wheels (18x8 on the S4). Best thing is it comes with a cover as well and they are aluminum. Well worth it I think if they work since I will have 3 sets of wheels in the basement this winter.
Posted By: GapBoyPCS_dup1 Re: Let's hit Canadian Tire... - 10/22/05 11:05 PM
I just got mine...

For some reason, they had to get it from the back (where the parts are located). Either there wasn't room, or they are too popular.

Anyways, I'm testing it out next week. I have to get my winters on the car soon. That evil S word is in my forecast
Posted By: Chris@CTA Re: Let's hit Canadian Tire... - 10/22/05 11:31 PM
Picked up 2 kits today. Seems that in some of the pictures, the tires are still contacting each other. Looks like I will still have to place cardboard or carpet in between. No big deal, just don't want the sidewalls touching each other.
Posted By: GapBoyPCS_dup1 Re: Let's hit Canadian Tire... - 10/23/05 12:19 AM
Originally posted by cawong11:
Picked up 2 kits today. Seems that in some of the pictures, the tires are still contacting each other. Looks like I will still have to place cardboard or carpet in between. No big deal, just don't want the sidewalls touching each other.

I think those smaller discs are supposed to separate them.

I'm sure they won't touch with those Corolla rims
Posted By: Chris@CTA Re: Let's hit Canadian Tire... - 10/23/05 04:10 AM
Originally posted by GapBoyPCS:
Originally posted by cawong11:

I think those smaller discs are supposed to separate them.

I'm sure they won't touch with those Corolla rims

I see. I will try to set up my SRT-4 stock wheels in the afternoon.

COrolla wheels? Heh, not ever (as my daughter would say).
Posted By: GapBoyPCS_dup1 Re: Let's hit Canadian Tire... - 10/26/05 01:24 AM
Well...just put the kit together. The only stupid part is having to hammer in the legs to the main "X" of the stand. Otherwise, it seems sturdy enough. I haven't pulled out the cover just yet - the tire bags cover 3 of the 4 tires. Just wish there was a pouch or something to put the centre caps
Posted By: Chris@CTA Re: Let's hit Canadian Tire... - 10/26/05 02:11 AM
I just smacked the legs in against a carpet on the ground. My cover fits all four wheels. The centre caps, I just stored them in a ziploc bag, separate one for the lugs.

Not a bad set up for $24.99.
Posted By: LBVSVT_dup1 Re: Let's hit Canadian Tire... - 10/26/05 07:35 PM
... picked mine up this afternoon at lunch ... will assemble on the weekend. Thx Richard for the heads up!
Posted By: chongo Re: Let's hit Canadian Tire... - 12/22/05 12:47 PM
I missed out on the last round and have been waiting....
Today they're back on sale for $24.99, going to get me one today!

Think I'm gonna pick up one of these too. On sale $149.00 reg $249.00

http://www.canadiantire.ca/assortments/product_detail.jsp
Posted By: Bailey Re: Let's hit Canadian Tire... - 12/22/05 01:26 PM
I know a few guys on the job site who have that drill and really like it and for that price you cannot go wrong they basically have the same spec as the "better" brand dewalt and a lot cheaper

dewalt impact drill
Posted By: Phil Rohtla_dup1 Re: Let's hit Canadian Tire... - 12/22/05 03:13 PM
The better deal is to get the electric impact gun, that is if you have the place to plug it in. Much more powerful. And as we all know, "MORE POWER! UGH! UGH! UGH!" I used it doing my control arms and it was awesome. It usually comes on for $99 a few times during the year. Hard to argue with 250 ft/lbs without a compressor.
Posted By: chongo Re: Let's hit Canadian Tire... - 12/22/05 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Phil Rohtla:
The better deal is to get the electric impact gun, that is if you have the place to plug it in. Much more powerful. And as we all know, "MORE POWER! UGH! UGH! UGH!" I used it doing my control arms and it was awesome. It usually comes on for $99 a few times during the year. Hard to argue with 250 ft/lbs without a compressor.

What's funny is it's on sale now for $99.90 but it's 228ft/lb

I bought the 3KO cordless because believe or not I don't own a cordless drill. I've electric everything.
This comes with drill bits, screw drivers and square adaptors. 1050 in/lb or 87.5 ft/lb
My mechanic buddies use em and love them. They told me worth the money.

Funny thing is when I went to CT they're listed on the shelves for $249.
I walked over to customer service and said are they on sale or not, because they are on the website.
She said that it's not listed on the computer and they don't have internet access, but believed
me enough to give it to me at $149.99.

I see nothing on the CT website for a start date of this sale. Other than last 4 day sale.
© CEG Archives