Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: DESIGN horrible local service department - 02/17/06 03:35 PM
A friend that I work with who has owned more great Fords in his short life had just recently purchased an 06 Mustang GT. He was nearly begged by this dealership to come in for warranty service work. I have posted the link to his write up. If you are in the North Texas area you need to read this.

Thanks,
Jon

They did what to my car?!
Posted By: tsSVT Re: horrible local service department - 02/17/06 04:40 PM
Damn,that's a bunch of crap.I hope he gets it figured out.
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: horrible local service department - 02/17/06 09:05 PM
I love it! Damning letters are the kind of thing we need more of nowadays! I'd be pissed if I were that guy!
Posted By: DESIGN Re: horrible local service department - 02/18/06 06:14 PM
Is that sarcasam or am I misunderstanding your post madmerc?
Posted By: infuryum_dup1 Re: horrible local service department - 02/18/06 06:24 PM
I think you're a robot.

Posted By: Woodencross Re: horrible local service department - 02/19/06 05:56 AM
I've never truly been "impressed" with the service department there, and I use Gary whenever I go in there. I've also talked with the service manager, nothing to write home about there either.

I understand where this guy is coming from.
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: horrible local service department - 02/19/06 08:32 AM
Dang, that's crazy! I would have sent that letter to the news AND lawyered up for real! Personally, I'm completely done with Ford if I can help it.
Posted By: infuryum_dup1 Re: horrible local service department - 02/19/06 08:42 AM
Honda for the win!!!
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: horrible local service department - 02/19/06 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Kokopellian:
Dang, that's crazy! I would have sent that letter to the news AND lawyered up for real! Personally, I'm completely done with Ford if I can help it.

But their drivetrains are cool.
Posted By: Woodencross Re: horrible local service department - 02/19/06 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Deliciousnecessity:
Originally posted by Kokopellian:

But their drivetrains are cool.

I've had horrible service at the Honda Dealer too. Between them not knowing that my car was a CIVIC, thinking it was a LEXUS so I didn't get service and the time that I leased a BRAND NEW HONDA and had to take it back four times for multiple issues, get yelled at by the sales manager because THEY REMOVED SOMETHING I ADDED TO THE CAR WITHOUT ASKING, told I am too young to know anything about it, etc. etc. etc.

Dealers are just bad all the way around. I've never had a "good" experience.

My favorite was when I was wanting to talk to a mechanic about a problem, and the service guy said "You're just trying to get free advice." No, I wanted to explain the problem to somebody who MIGHT understand so I could get it fixed since the sales manager thought I had rack and pinion, when I didn't. (Chevrolet Dealership in Richardson)

I very rarely go to the dealership, unless I need warranty work done.
Posted By: infuryum_dup1 Re: horrible local service department - 02/19/06 06:53 PM
Your Honda dealer sucks.
I hated the service department at Don Davis Ford... and I HATE Hiley Mazda where I got the MSM, but I have nothing but great things to say about Freeman having bought 3 cars from there and taken the MSM there for warranty work.
Posted By: DESIGN Re: horrible local service department - 02/20/06 03:44 PM
Just an update,

Jason (the letter author) recieved a phone call from the service manager this morning practically begging to resolve this issue. To fact that he would do whatever it took to do anything to resolve it and said he would get the car in right now.

Jason is heavily involved with local Ford, Mustang, and general auto forums. Since Friday he has accumulated over 1000 replies to this letter on various forums. Many of those replies were also forwarded to the dealership.

After I hear more today I will let you know the extent of the attitude adjustment the dealer has made.

Thanks,
Jon
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: horrible local service department - 02/21/06 04:23 AM
Originally posted by DESIGN:
Just an update,

Jason (the letter author) recieved a phone call from the service manager this morning practically begging to resolve this issue. To fact that he would do whatever it took to do anything to resolve it and said he would get the car in right now.

Jason is heavily involved with local Ford, Mustang, and general auto forums. Since Friday he has accumulated over 1000 replies to this letter on various forums. Many of those replies were also forwarded to the dealership.

After I hear more today I will let you know the extent of the attitude adjustment the dealer has made.

Thanks,
Jon

Thanks for the update.
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: horrible local service department - 02/21/06 06:06 AM
Is that sarcasam or am I misunderstanding your post madmerc?

I meant this:

That sucked for the victim

I like it when victims [censored] out the dealer and take action
Posted By: DESIGN Re: horrible local service department - 02/21/06 01:24 PM

Jason should have his car finished today. They called him twice yesterday just to let him know the status. They are litterally moving Heaven and Earth to fix this.
Posted By: Eric L_dup1 Re: horrible local service department - 02/22/06 12:21 AM
I sitll don't t hink I would go back after this has been fixed. I don't care how much they begged.
Posted By: Woodencross Re: horrible local service department - 02/22/06 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Eric L:
I sitll don't t hink I would go back after this has been fixed. I don't care how much they begged.

Nope!!
Posted By: DESIGN Re: horrible local service department - 02/22/06 12:39 PM
Me neither but it's not my car. I'll give more info latter today.
who is he on DFW Stangs? Just wondering...

I'll give more info latter today.

LIAR!
Posted By: DESIGN Re: horrible local service department - 02/23/06 08:35 PM
sorry, but since I have to wait on him....

He did mention that everything was taken care of on his car and they even called him the next day to verify that it was riding and driving okay.
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: horrible local service department - 02/24/06 05:01 AM
sorry, but since I have to wait on him....

He did mention that everything was taken care of on his car and they even called him the next day to verify that it was riding and driving okay.

What, no freebies?
Posted By: infuryum_dup1 Re: horrible local service department - 02/26/06 09:21 AM
Not everyone is black and believes things should just be handed to them.

ZING!
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: horrible local service department - 02/26/06 02:15 PM

Posted By: Kokopellian Re: horrible local service department - 02/27/06 05:25 AM
Originally posted by infuryum:
Not everyone is black and believes things should just be handed to them.

ZING!

Oh, burn, burn!

Btw, we are known to hand out free a$$whoopins as well.
© CEG Archives