Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Stolon #05 I WAS HIT!!!! - 11/15/04 05:34 PM
Some old fart in a freaking huge 350 found out that he couldn't see over the tailgate of his truck and plowed into by baby. Then proceeded to say that he did not hit my car. (it was all caught on security cameras)I was inside the store working when it happened and one of our loss prevention guys saw it all happen on the security cams and sent someone back to get me. THe lp guy was outside waiting for me to make sure the guy did not leave. We called the police and filed my report. The old guy even got upity w/ the cop when the cop told the guy he did hit me and it was his fault. His insurance is already working w/ me on the claim and best thing is that it will be going to straight to bob howard to get fixed and not some podunk bodyshop. here's a shot of the "dent"

He also broke my turnsignal lense and jacked up my bumper. it is shifter over the to pass side and got all cracked up from the stress. Well I was needing to get the front end re done but this isn't the way I wanted to go about doing it...
stupid old farts...

Posted By: Pale Horse Re: I WAS HIT!!!! - 11/15/04 05:40 PM
I Know The Feeling Man!!! It Sucks , Same Basic Thing Happened TO Me A Couple Of Years Ago. Got Fixed Though.
Good Luck...
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: I WAS HIT!!!! - 11/15/04 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Stolon #05:

stupid old farts...

Hey, some of us resemble that remark!
Posted By: Zum Re: I WAS HIT!!!! - 11/15/04 11:34 PM
someone door dinged me today and I cried for like 30 minutes. I freakin HATE inconsiderate [censored] drivers. What are they going to fix? Do you get a new SVT bumper?

BTW, thanks for calling me
Posted By: infuryum_dup1 Re: I WAS HIT!!!! - 11/16/04 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Zum:

I'll kill you, TR!
Posted By: Zum Re: I WAS HIT!!!! - 11/16/04 03:39 AM
Originally posted by infuryum:

I'll kill you, TR!

what's TR?
Posted By: infuryum_dup1 Re: I WAS HIT!!!! - 11/16/04 03:52 AM
(TexasRealtor) [/whisper]
Posted By: Keith W_dup1 Re: I WAS HIT!!!! - 11/16/04 06:43 AM
I see old farts on the road doing not so smart things or driving too slow and I have to remind myself that I will be an "old fart" someday. I hope and pray that I will not be one of those drivers that causes problems to others when I get to be their age. We all get old at some point and we should all have compassion on them. You will someday be the "old fart" in the car next to some young know it all driver. BTW, I am 48.
Posted By: Zum Re: I WAS HIT!!!! - 11/16/04 12:31 PM
Originally posted by infuryum:
(TexasRealtor) [/whisper]

That remark was directed towards Stolon, so kill him
Posted By: infuryum_dup1 Re: I WAS HIT!!!! - 11/16/04 04:40 PM
Then reply to Stolon.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: I WAS HIT!!!! - 11/16/04 05:07 PM
Nobody calls me. I can't even get a threat of bodily harm anymore
Posted By: Zum Re: I WAS HIT!!!! - 11/17/04 01:13 AM
that was extra effort to scroll all the way back to the top to hit reply. when I could just do it there
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: I WAS HIT!!!! - 11/18/04 02:37 AM
hey you two, don't turn my post into a freaking drama filled soap opera....
Posted By: Zum Re: I WAS HIT!!!! - 11/18/04 12:38 PM
hey you two, don't turn my post into a freaking drama filled soap opera....

we know drama!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: I WAS HIT!!!! - 11/21/04 02:33 PM
WOW.....sorry to hear this.....you definitely have one of the best looking Zetecs here.....get her fixed!
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: I WAS HIT!!!! - 11/21/04 05:06 PM

we know drama!

don't remind me...
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: I WAS HIT!!!! - 11/21/04 05:07 PM
Originally posted by LoCoZs/c:
WOW.....sorry to hear this.....you definitely have one of the best looking Zetecs here.....get her fixed!

Am taking her in tomorrow morning for the cosmetic surgery.
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: I WAS HIT!!!! - 11/21/04 05:11 PM
Originally posted by TexasRealtor:

stupid old farts...

Hey, some of us resemble that remark!

I highly doubt you are pushing 80yrs or over...
which is about how old grandpa is that hit me... Those are the old farts I am referring to... the ones that aren't alert enough to be aware of their surrounding when they get behind the wheel.
Posted By: DirtySVT_dup1 Re: I WAS HIT!!!! - 11/24/04 04:41 AM
I hate to say it but my grandpa should not be allowed to drive. he is the worst driver ever and i refuse to ride with him because his driving scares the crap out of me
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: I WAS HIT!!!! - 11/26/04 04:15 PM
Originally posted by LoCoZs/c:

Am taking her in tomorrow morning for the cosmetic surgery.

Posted By: Beachboy_dup1 Re: I WAS HIT!!!! - 11/27/04 05:19 AM
Originally posted by DirtySVT:
I hate to say it but my grandpa should not be allowed to drive. he is the worst driver ever and i refuse to ride with him because his driving scares the crap out of me

So why don't you offer to drive whenever you have to go someplace with your grandpa? Most older folks would love to have somebody else do the driving. Or is he so stubborn that he won't let you take the wheel?
Posted By: DirtySVT_dup1 Re: I WAS HIT!!!! - 11/27/04 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Beachboy:
Originally posted by DirtySVT:

So why don't you offer to drive whenever you have to go someplace with your grandpa? Most older folks would love to have somebody else do the driving. Or is he so stubborn that he won't let you take the wheel?

We live in different cities and he rufeses to ride in my car cause he says its to loud and he won't let me drive his truck because he thinks i break everything i touch.
Posted By: Pale Horse Re: I WAS HIT!!!! - 11/27/04 07:37 PM
All I Can Say Is " Mandatory Driver Rehabilitation " Every Two Years Past The Age of 65.
** Looks Over At Flame Suit Hanging In Closet...Wonders If He'll Need It In This Situation**
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: I WAS HIT!!!! - 12/02/04 04:03 AM
Would you believe that such minor of a fender bender cost this guys insurance company over a thousand dollars in damages to fix!!! Who thought a new fender, body filler on a bumper and paint would cost soooo much.... Ah well. all fixed now and good as new, literally. Body shop did a hell of a good job on matching the paint. Guess it cost a lot because they had to blend paint into the whole front half of the drivers side of the car, but damn you can't tell anything ever happened. ahhhhh so shiny and smooth.... Don't realize how much one loves these cars until you are w/o for a week. I just love driving this car... or maybe it's just the fact that it still smells of fresh paint inside and I'm getting high off the fumes... lol
© CEG Archives