Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: SQPlus_dup1 The Official CO-CEG Branch Thread - 09/12/02 04:17 AM
This thread is hereby dedicated to all members of the CO-CEG branch and all info pertaining to issues regarding the Colorado branch of the CEG.

If we can't have an idependant forum I'll start an independant thread. Hopefully it won't get locked for some reason.

----------------------------

Newest update about my car...

It just got towed into a shop yesterday morning and will be a couple more days before they even contact with an estimate. I also just got a rental yesterday! Thats what I call fast service...a full 7 days after the accident before I finally get a car to drive!!

What kind of car did I get you ask? Well, as you all know I demand THE BEST and thats exactly what I got! A 2002 Chevy Crapalier, four door, auto, manual EVERYTHING, no cruise and its built nearly identical to my girlfriends 96 Cav. How sad is that?! On the plus side it IS silver, although not as pretty as Silver Frost.
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: The Official CO-CEG Branch Thread - 09/12/02 04:32 AM
Damn, a cavalier? The 2.5 they sometimes put in there is quite brawny, but still...I've never been a fan of Chevy build quality. Good luck w/ the car.
Cavelier, ehh buddy? You could pic up some sophomore high school chics in that Brad, probably even let them drive it because it's an auto.

It'll make it feel that much better to get your 'tour back though.

It's a minor case of bad luck compared to you Brad, but My rear discs are shot now because the pads are too cheap, and didn't have wear indicator in them. Now I have to buy new pads and rotors... thanks Ford.
Posted By: SQPlus_dup1 Re: The Official CO-CEG Branch Thread - 09/12/02 06:52 AM
Yeah, I haven't even popped the hood to see whats under there but it runs about like my GFs 2.4 dohc in her car. It actually gets up and goes pretty darn well...but I still want my car back.

Tait, sorry to hear about your rear brakes, they didn't seem that bad when we painted your calipers. It all looked like it would last a little while longer, oh well, what can ya do?
Posted By: The Davis Re: The Official CO-CEG Branch Thread - 09/12/02 05:27 PM
Originally posted by SQPlus:
Hopefully it won't get locked for some reason.

....must.....resist the.....urge......

NOOOOO Don't do it!

I'm glad to see something like this, although it could get confusing. What about prefacing any post in this forum with either CO, UT, etc.. so we know whats up. Like this:

(CO)Brad's car is in trouble again!

Just a thought...
Goooood Gravy Brad.

Alex could you please email me when you get a chance? Thanks
John

jcaimhigher@ixpres.com
Posted By: SQPlus_dup1 Re: The Official CO-CEG Branch Thread - 09/12/02 08:58 PM
Why does the example have to be about MY car?! Just because it gets damaged weekly... ...that could work pretty well too though Alex.
Posted By: SQPlus_dup1 Re: The Official CO-CEG Branch Thread - 09/12/02 10:02 PM
BTW, has anybody heard from Chad lately? I tried calling him but got no answer, he didn't move out to Cali already did he?!
BTW, has anybody heard from Chad lately? I tried calling him but got no answer, he didn't move out to Cali already did he?!

He just posted here.....http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=interests&Number=27983&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=1
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: The Official CO-CEG Branch Thread - 09/12/02 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Bicycle019:
NOOOOO Don't do it!

I'm glad to see something like this, although it could get confusing. What about prefacing any post in this forum with either CO, UT, etc.. so we know whats up. Like this:

(CO)Brad's car is in trouble again!

Just a thought...

You mean something like this?
LOL!
I saw Chad the other day. He's been out of town in Cali helping a friend move. Got back earlier this week.

John - emailing you.
Posted By: 94ex Re: The Official CO-CEG Branch Thread - 09/13/02 01:26 AM
Yeah I got an e-mail from Chad earlier this week. So he's gotta be around. Is he really moving to Cali?
Posted By: fast80svt_dup1 Re: The Official CO-CEG Branch Thread - 09/13/02 03:21 AM
Anyone read Colter's UT post? That alone is enough to convince me that CO needs its own forum.
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: The Official CO-CEG Branch Thread - 09/13/02 05:47 PM
Colter and Darrel are way out of hand. Where's the moderaters!?!
We didn't get out of hand..... We were in control the whole time. You should see it when we really get going.
Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re: The Official CO-CEG Branch Thread - 09/13/02 10:29 PM
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: The Official CO-CEG Branch Thread - 09/14/02 01:59 AM
LOL Jon!
Colter, did you get my PM? Which email addy should I send my dyno plot to?
Posted By: SQPlus_dup1 Re: The Official CO-CEG Branch Thread - 09/14/02 10:19 AM
Got the initial estimate on my car today...$3023.59. They should have parts in monday or tuesday and she said it will be about 7 days to fix everything. I'm going to try and go by tommorrow to get a few pics since I totally forgot. The cool thing is she is saying they are getting me two new headlights, a new grill and even a new bumper cover. I asked to keep my old headlights so I can use them through this winter and put the others back on next spring. Silver lining my friends, silver lining!!
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: The Official CO-CEG Branch Thread - 09/15/02 12:32 PM
Dayum!!!!!

BLUESMOBILE!!!!!!

I'M ELWOOD I'M ELWOOD
Got the initial estimate on my car today...$3023.59. They should have parts in monday or tuesday and she said it will be about 7 days to fix everything. I'm going to try and go by tommorrow to get a few pics since I totally forgot. The cool thing is she is saying they are getting me two new headlights, a new grill and even a new bumper cover. I asked to keep my old headlights so I can use them through this winter and put the others back on next spring. Silver lining my friends, silver lining!!

You have to clear those corners on your new headlights. That should be fun.
Posted By: SQPlus_dup1 Re: The Official CO-CEG Branch Thread - 09/16/02 09:49 PM
No kidding, now that I've done once though it shouldn't be any trouble. Honestly I might just leave the reflectors in there so I don't have to mess with it. We'll see.
Posted By: SQPlus_dup1 Re: The Official CO-CEG Branch Thread - 09/27/02 12:55 AM
Alright, you CO guys suck! I'm gone for a few days and this thread gets pushed all the way to the second page! Thats the last time I try to start something usefull.

On topic, my car should be done today or tommorrow. So who knows a good place in Denver to get a 3M clear bra put on my car now????
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: The Official CO-CEG Branch Thread - 09/27/02 03:30 AM
I wish I had one of those clear bras...woulda save a scratch or two
There are some places down here. Or you might just do it yourself or buy it from www.x-pel.com and have someone else do it.

John
Posted By: FLuiDSVT_dup1 Re: The Official CO-CEG Branch Thread - 10/03/02 05:37 PM
I have a friend who owns his own business doing mobile clear bra's and interior repair. Only uses 3m and does a sweet job.

His name is Ben.....Just tell him you know Chad....I work with his girlfriend and he will hook you up! I have told him you might be calling so here is his # 303-994-1201.

Posted By: FLuiDSVT_dup1 Re: The Official CO-CEG Branch Thread - 10/04/02 04:08 PM
BUMP
© CEG Archives