Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Pinebox_dup1 Looking for a new car... - 08/23/06 03:05 PM
for the wife, not for me.

Looking at a new Jeep Liberty. What do you guys think of them?
We both like it, but I'm sure not sold on the gas mileage of 17-22. That will suck going from 28-30 that she gets in her Jetta.
Posted By: Swazo Re: Looking for a new car... - 08/23/06 04:09 PM
Get the Liberty CRD Limited, or wait a little bit for the new Jeep and Dodge vehicle lineup to come out Have you looked at the new 'Yota FJ Cruiser?
Posted By: Pinebox_dup1 Re: Looking for a new car... - 08/23/06 04:24 PM
the CRD would be sweet, but we are trying to keep it about ~$20k
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Looking for a new car... - 08/23/06 04:31 PM
Subie Outback Sport? - about the same size, AWD, better mpg than the non-CRD Liberty, and around 20K.
Posted By: Pinebox_dup1 Re: Looking for a new car... - 08/23/06 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Derk-xB:
Subie Outback Sport? - about the same size, AWD, better mpg than the non-CRD Liberty, and around 20K.

I tried that one. She doesn't want a wagon and the sedan's backseat is too small, according to her.

You guys have no idea what I'm going through with this whole idea. From what I can tell, here's what she wants....
Room of a Suburban, size of a Liberty, price and mileage of a Corolla! Ya right!
Posted By: stilov Re: Looking for a new car... - 08/23/06 06:10 PM
You want brand new? About 9 months ago I was looking and saw a CRD limited with like 20k miles for 24. It seems like you may be able to get it close to 20k.
Posted By: BlackwidowSVTT Re: Looking for a new car... - 08/23/06 07:26 PM

I tried that one. She doesn't want a wagon and the sedan's backseat is too small, according to her.

You guys have no idea what I'm going through with this whole idea. From what I can tell, here's what she wants....
Room of a Suburban, size of a Liberty, price and mileage of a Corolla! Ya right!

Always could go CSVT ? I know someone that has a heck of a deal on one. -B.
(Shameless plug)
Posted By: 94ex Re: Looking for a new car... - 08/23/06 07:52 PM
What about like a Honda Pilot or CRV or even a new Toyota Rav 4. Not sure on the reviews of the Rav 4 but you can't go wrong with honda. If you want gas milage check out the Toyota Highlander hybrid. Those all seem like decent lookin and roomy. I would say try to avoid diesel because it's only going to continue to rise in cost, faster than alot of gasoline due to the pipeline in Alaska. Plus I remember Denver news saying there is a shortage of diesel in the SW area.
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Looking for a new car... - 08/23/06 08:20 PM
Just go out and buy what you want. It will be easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
Posted By: Pinebox_dup1 Re: Looking for a new car... - 08/23/06 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Keyser Soze:
Just go out and buy what you want. It will be easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

I have actually thought about that!
Posted By: Swazo Re: Looking for a new car... - 08/23/06 10:26 PM
Diesel in Salt Lake is pretty easy to come by, maybe because of the refinery on the northern outskirts of the city. There are a lot of gas stations that have bio-diesel, and I've seen it as low as 2.69 a gallon My company truck lives off of that stuff.

A low mile CRD can be had for under $20K. I've seen brand new Limited CRD's on Ebay for about $22K-$24K

Originally posted by Pinebox:

LMAO! Ah, women
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Looking for a new car... - 08/24/06 01:23 AM
Dave, you mean you haven't heard of the all new Liberollaburban?

You forgot "cute" as a key attribute of the new car.
© CEG Archives