Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: papadage My new baby.. - 07/30/02 04:01 AM
Well boys and girls, I am the new proud owner of the latest SVT sold on eBay.

I go out to Indy on Friday and drive back. Nice 700 mile cruise to get the feel of her. Then the tune up, detailing and water pump. Mods will wait till I replenish the checking account. LOL..

Now I need a sig..lol..
Posted By: Kyle99SE Re: My new baby.. - 07/30/02 01:05 PM
Congrats, you lucky bas####.
Posted By: TheGreatOne Re: My new baby.. - 07/30/02 01:46 PM
so where in NJ are you from?
Posted By: papadage Re: My new baby.. - 07/30/02 02:13 PM
I'm in Jersey City. I work in Metro Park, so I get to drive the lady on a nice commute against the flow of rush hour every day. Should be nice. Now I just need to add her to my policy and go pick it up this weekend.. Too bad the site is going down for a while. I've got a million questions, but I guess they can wait 3 or 4 weeks..

By the way, any SVT owners in Jersey City, Bayonne or Hoboken (or immediately around there) who would wanna give the car a lookover in the next couple of weeks and give some advice? Beer on me afterwards.
Posted By: Slim Shady Re: My new baby.. - 07/30/02 09:04 PM
Congrtas bro......You'll have fun i guarantee it! wink
Posted By: 98halfSVT Re: My new baby.. - 07/30/02 11:00 PM
I'm game. Newport here.
Posted By: papadage Re: My new baby.. - 07/30/02 11:39 PM
Sounds good.. if anything it'll be sometime after next week. I need to get it tuned up, insured, inspected, etc..
Posted By: Shaggy Re: My new baby.. - 07/31/02 12:00 AM
I'm down, JC is only 20 minutes from my house and I drive into the city everyday, via the Lincoln Tunnel. Set a date here, or even better, use the local mailing list to set up a mini-meet or just a get togethere.
Posted By: TheGreatOne Re: My new baby.. - 07/31/02 01:51 AM
I'm in SI, bayonne Jersey city is a 10-15 minute ride from me, since the site is going down, you can email me chris9581@yahoo.com

chris, like the franken trans thing in the sig...lol!
Posted By: papadage Re: My new baby.. - 07/31/02 03:01 AM
Thanks for the answer guys...are you all signed up in the yahoo email list?
Posted By: mbSVT Re: My new baby.. - 07/31/02 03:47 AM
forgive me, but isn't that a 98 E0, not an E1? either way, looks VERY clean. Is this the one from Kruse? Enjoy your trip to Indy, unfortunately i will be too far north, but any other time I'd love to meet you and check out the car.
Posted By: Shaggy Re: My new baby.. - 07/31/02 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mbSVT:
forgive me, but isn't that a 98 E0, not an E1? either way, looks VERY clean. Is this the one from Kruse? Enjoy your trip to Indy, unfortunately i will be too far north, but any other time I'd love to meet you and check out the car.
You're right, it is an E0, but, the best way to check would be for some of the interior touches, you know, clock, different handle on the glove box, the underhood fuse box is also a little different...the little, subtle, decontented items.

This sig ROCKS! eek laugh
Posted By: papadage Re: My new baby.. - 07/31/02 04:29 AM
Actually, it is an E1. I did a VIN lookup and it was an E1 with EO rims. Maybe a transition piece? I'll know for sure when I pick it up. And it is the one from Kruse.
Posted By: Slim Shady Re: My new baby.. - 07/31/02 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Shaggy:
Quote:
Originally posted by mbSVT:
[b]forgive me, but isn't that a 98 E0, not an E1? either way, looks VERY clean. Is this the one from Kruse? Enjoy your trip to Indy, unfortunately i will be too far north, but any other time I'd love to meet you and check out the car.
You're right, it is an E0, but, the best way to check would be for some of the interior touches, you know, clock, different handle on the glove box, the underhood fuse box is also a little different...the little, subtle, decontented items.

This sig ROCKS! eek laugh [/b]
More like FU(KEDUPTRANS
laugh :p
© CEG Archives