Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo black SVT with hoodscoop ... again - 11/03/04 01:20 PM
This past sunday around noon , I saw the black CSVT with the hood scoop & tinted taillights again , heading into Robesonia . I'm seeing this SVT all over the place lately ... WHO IS IT ??? I can't believe it's owner isn't here . Here are some pics I shot a while back :
FRONT SHOT

REAR SHOT
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: black SVT with hoodscoop ... again - 11/03/04 02:29 PM
why doesn't have a SVT rear bumper?
Posted By: SalKhan_dup1 Re: black SVT with hoodscoop ... again - 11/03/04 03:42 PM
That poor poor car.
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: black SVT with hoodscoop ... again - 11/03/04 04:11 PM
Originally posted by brapple:
why doesn't have a SVT rear bumper?

He swapped it for a non-SVT so the uBer cool 5 Inch pipe would fit
Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: black SVT with hoodscoop ... again - 11/03/04 06:48 PM
Are those lights behind the grill? I want an uber cool exhaust like that too.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: black SVT with hoodscoop ... again - 11/03/04 08:37 PM
Those are some bad mods.

Allen, you should have taken a look inside to confirm if it was an SVT.
Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: black SVT with hoodscoop ... again - 11/04/04 02:26 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking a non-SVT with partial body kit and wheels.
Posted By: R_G Re: black SVT with hoodscoop ... again - 11/04/04 02:32 AM
Originally posted by Shaggy:

Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: black SVT with hoodscoop ... again - 11/04/04 03:13 AM
Originally posted by SVT PETE:
Those are some bad mods.

Allen, you should have taken a look inside to confirm if it was an SVT.

Originally posted by Shaggy:

It's definatlely an SVT . I looked . It was for sale a while back (when I took the pics) , so I checked it out (couldn't help it ) . SVT interior (tan) , SVT VIN# , SVT dash gauges , etc) . I even have another pic that shows the interior , I took a pic of the "for sale" sign in the window & you can see the inside . I would've posted the pic , but it has a phone# on it & I was concerned about privacy .
Posted By: Korfu Re: black SVT with hoodscoop ... again - 11/04/04 04:11 AM
it have a price on it? I couldnt expect it to bee too high with that crappy hood and lack of a SVT bumper.
Posted By: Syd_dup1 Re: black SVT with hoodscoop ... again - 11/05/04 02:15 AM
thats a real nice car those lights are very cool and original on the contours as well
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: black SVT with hoodscoop ... again - 11/05/04 12:47 PM
Call me crazy , but I don't think that the hoodscoop looks that bad . The exhaust and lack of SVT rear bumper are a shame though .

It didn't have a price on it while it was for sale . My guess is , that it didn't sell , but who knows ?

Whenever I see the car , it looks well taken care of , so the owner gets a thumbs-up from me .
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: black SVT with hoodscoop ... again - 11/05/04 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Y2KMondeoSVT:
Call me crazy , but I don't think that the hoodscoop looks that bad .

Maybe it would have looked better had the hoodscoop been placed further forward. Looks awkward and out of place so far back on the hood.
yeah, but it's like fully functional back there... u know, cools off the ignition coil and all that
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: black SVT with hoodscoop ... again - 11/06/04 01:33 PM
Man ... tough crowd !! Now he'll never 'fess up to owning the car . Well he can always register for the forums & PM me .
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: black SVT with hoodscoop ... again - 11/06/04 06:00 PM
I'm not crazy about the hoodscoop and exhaust.
The water does bead up nicely on the car though.
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: black SVT with hoodscoop ... again - 11/07/04 12:02 AM
Lights do fit in the grill, for some strange reason. I got those cheap driving lights from walmart, 3 or 4" i think. I have green filters in front of mine, and a flasher that alternates them. The reason I have those is because I am an EMT, so I use them to get places in a hurry. Fogs do fit amazingily well though.
© CEG Archives