Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: CART99_dup1 Can someone recommend a Service Center? - 02/13/04 04:21 PM
Based on the way my '99 SVT is behaving lately, I am pretty sure it needs new front struts, and it's also due for 60k mile service. Can someone recommend a dealer or service center that they have had good experience with in the Fairfax County area?

Thanks in advance!
As far as Ford dealers go, I've always had good luck with World of Ford in Alexandria. Talk to Ben Domingez if you go there.

Also see this thread if Jerry's is close to you:

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=capitol&Number=526466&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1
Jerry's is closer to Fairfax than Ourisman World of Ford. Just FYI.
Sheehy Ford seems to be pretty good. They did the 99m03 wiring harness replacement on my '96 Contour without giving me any crap, unlike warranty-Battlefield Ford.
Posted By: Mully Re: Can someone recommend a Service Center? - 02/20/04 02:51 PM
I can tell you cystal ford, apple ford, Starting Gate Service Center, Safford Lincoln Mercury, and Academy Ford charge a ton for labor.

I might be taking my car to Hill & Sanders Ford for my clutch work. The quoted me the best hourly rate. I have no idea what kinda work they do though.

Posted By: Mully Re: Can someone recommend a Service Center? - 02/20/04 06:23 PM
Has anyone heard of "Top Wrench Automotive" ???
Nope but I know of a good place in Upper Marlboro. LOL!

-Andy
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Can someone recommend a Service Center? - 02/20/04 07:25 PM
Originally posted by brianl703:
Sheehy Ford seems to be pretty good./quote]
Unles they've changed since I last took my car there, Sheehy can go f*** themselves. The service I got was so bad that I had to work my way up the corporate ladder until Jacque Nasser's office had to get involved.
Posted By: aspsocio Re: Can someone recommend a Service Center? - 02/21/04 07:09 AM
all i can say is nothing under the DARCARS name. buncha crooks.
Hell, I don't know. They did the 99m03 recall and only screwed a couple of things up. They ran the throttle cable OVER the coolant tank, instead of under, they didn't re-install a ground wire to the coil pack, and I think they might have messed up my right-side headlight, because the bulbs don't fit tightly into it. It might have been like that before, I don't know. I'm not really concerned about it, especially as the headlights are starting to yellow and I was going to replace 'em anyway.

They also dropped the radiator on the floor so I got a new radiator from them.

i can heartily recommend AutoTech of Tysons. every time i have gone there they have been quick, honest, and done good work. they've been in business over 25 years! they also have the highest rate of customer satisfaction of any shop in Fairfax County according to Washington Consumer's Checkbook.

i cannot recommend a single dealership in Fairfax County and particularly advise against:
Brown in Fairfax and Cherner in Tysons Corner
Originally posted by gamiller:
i can heartily recommend AutoTech of Tysons.

Do you have any contact info for them? Can't find 'em on the web.
Originally posted by Viss1:
Do you have any contact info for them? Can't find 'em on the web.

i have their card at work. i'll reply on Monday.
i'm sorry about that! busy week, and it slipped my mind!

Auto Tech of Tysons, Inc.
1524-G SpringHill Road
Mclean, VA 22102
703-442-0166
Take it to an authorized SVT FORD dealership. The dealership will do the best work, no guesing, fixed right the first time, and FORD'S warranty! I take mine to Koon's in Baltimore, there is only one mechanic that works on my car, and only one service advisor, they both know me on a first name basis. If they do a good job, send the manager owner everyone a letter of praise for anyone involved in fixing your car. From then on you'll be treated like GOLD.
© CEG Archives