Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: RS_SS69 Turbo Question - 03/29/05 09:11 PM
I looked around and couldnt find what im looking for, how are you turbo guys running the oil and coolant intake and return lines for the turbos, im not sure how to run them properly and want to know where the coolant/oil is coming from and where you have it mounted for return, any help will be appreciated thanks.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Turbo Question - 03/29/05 09:24 PM
Coolant I tapped into the heater hose. There's a joint right there where the turbo would sit. Pretty handy really!

The oil feed is from the head oil feed on the rear head (with a restriction of course). Oil return is to the front of the pan (although I'm gonna redo it to the oil return gallery just above the pan).

Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: Turbo Question - 03/29/05 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Stazi:
(although I'm gonna redo it to the oil return gallery just above the pan).

Do you mean tap through the block into the rear oil return drain?
Posted By: RS_SS69 Re: Turbo Question - 03/29/05 09:43 PM
Coolant I tapped into the heater hose. There's a joint right there where the turbo would sit. Pretty handy really!

The oil feed is from the head oil feed on the rear head (with a restriction of course). Oil return is to the front of the pan (although I'm gonna redo it to the oil return gallery just above the pan).

Thanks for the reply stazi, but did you run the coolant intake and return to the same spot also do you have a pic of what your talking about, for the joint and a pic of the oil sending on the head, just want to make sure I get this right.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: Turbo Question - 03/30/05 05:47 AM
Look at my website and you should see the pictures showing what you are looking for.

The heater hose running from the waterpump to the heater core is just split with one half going into the turbo and the other coming out and continuing on to the heater core. Really easy as was stated already.
The oil feed is easy but the return is more complicated. Again, review my website for additional pictures.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Turbo Question - 03/30/05 02:40 PM
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
(although I'm gonna redo it to the oil return gallery just above the pan).

You're half right.:

Tap through the block, but in the front drain. essentially a few inches above the hole in the pan now. Thus elminating have to drill the pan and also lifting the drain from below the oil line.
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: Turbo Question - 03/30/05 10:15 PM
Originally posted by DemonSVT:

You're half right.

Tap through the block, but in the front drain. essentially a few inches above the hole in the pan now.

You are routing the return line all the way to the front of the engine on the passenger's side???

Unless you mean the rear drain on the left side of the engine? (front bank)

I think that's what you are trying to say right???
Posted By: Stazi Re: Turbo Question - 03/31/05 01:37 PM
Smart ass.
By front, I meant front of car, aka "front" bank, aka Bank #2
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: Turbo Question - 03/31/05 03:09 PM
Wouldn't that be "half" smart ass, right...

Just pointing out I was 2 halfs right when using the proper engine position terminology.
© CEG Archives