Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
I ran into a 12 second mustang running 42#injectors and a whole bunch of stuff to his car.. he told me that i shoudl run 30# injectors instead of 24#ers.. he said it would give a much bigger uotput and it would camcel out he FMU. Question: is this a good idea and wat kind of Fuel Management Unit is on our cars as of now?

Second question..: Should I remove my secondaries? My IMRC is shot to chit and im tired of them not opening up when i nee then the most. Shuld i get rid of them or buy a new IMRC. also.... what effect would the removed secondaries give to the 3L...
30# is way more than you need. You want to use the smallest injectors that are sufficient for maximum fuel needs. The bigger you go, the more problems you are going to have trying to get them to work properly. If you have a set of injectors that meet your needs at maximum flow demand, putting a bigger set on will net you exactly 0 hp.
ok i see what about my second question.
who said bigger is better?! Oh must be those RWD muscles car maniacs..... :p
your more then likely gonna be running rich with the 24# injectors. i had to lean my car out one i went on the dyno and a wide band 02 to achieve a good 12.5:1 ratio which is ideal for max performance. Before u take the plunge i would say get the SAFC cause u will to tune those big injectors anyway.
check the sig under mods waiting to be installed Giacomo
WELL EXCUSE ME wink wink
chill homie no arm intended. smile
hey pick up the last issue of SCC last aritcle talks about variable intake lenghts and other types of intakes and the benefits of them
OK WILL DO..is the contour mentioned in anyway?
OK WILL DO..is the contour mentioned in anyway?
some food for thought,

the turbo SVT is running 30# injectors, with 300 hp at the wheels, with an S-afc running the car 50% lean, and its still WAY rich

so, uh unless you need more fuel than a turbo contour..
kris.... can you gve me more specs avbout this or send em a link as to where i can learn more about the turboed svt.
Quote:
Originally posted by svttour:
where i can learn more about the turboed svt.
Read the Forced Induction forum...
© CEG Archives