Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: carraudio The time has come... - 09/28/05 03:46 AM
Today I took the SE out. I was going to have it sold here really soon. Not now, I spun a bearing. Now it is time to put in a 3.0l only because they are easier to find then a 2.5, plus I want to. I am also looking into getting a set of SVT heads and cams. What do I need to know before I go and buy a 3.0 for my 95 SE.

Thank you for your time.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: The time has come... - 09/28/05 02:26 PM
Only thing you need to know is how to search. Good luck, lots of info to go through.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: The time has come... - 09/28/05 02:27 PM
What he said.
Posted By: carraudio Re: The time has come... - 09/28/05 03:21 PM
If I had the time to search I would I get up at 5:30 and work until 8pm and I like to spend time with my wife. I have today off but that is so I can take care of I don't have time to read every post on here.
Posted By: IUPcoug00 Re: The time has come... - 09/28/05 03:40 PM
check the stickies. no one is going to be able to explain how to put a 3L into your car in one post. you need to do research like everyone else does.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: The time has come... - 09/28/05 04:12 PM
I expect that from a newb...

But since you missed the stickies at the top of hte thread here you go.

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=3L&Number=233187&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&fpart=1
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=3L&Number=233187&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&fpart=1

Or do you want us to swing by and do the work for you so you can enjoy the time with your wife?

Originally posted by carraudio:
If I had the time to search I would I get up at 5:30 and work until 8pm and I like to spend time with my wife. I have today off but that is so I can take care of I don't have time to read every post on here.

Posted By: Jeb Hoge_dup1 Re: The time has come... - 09/28/05 07:03 PM
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Or do you want us to swing by and enjoy the time with your wife?

You're a dirty, dirty boy.
Posted By: muntus Re: The time has come... - 09/28/05 07:52 PM
Why don't you just use the 3L cams and heads? You're already used to driving a car with a similar cam profile(better mid-range torque under the curve than SVT) and you could save yourself a few bucks.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: The time has come... - 09/28/05 10:21 PM

Then how are you going to have the time to build a motor?

Just save us and you the trouble and pay someone. If you don't want to help yourself then don't waste our time. If on the other hand you do some reading and then post a question, we will be happy to help.
Posted By: carraudio Re: The time has come... - 09/28/05 11:53 PM
Thanks FCO

As for spending time with my wife I can justify spending hours in a shop building a motor not spending hours reading stuff on the net.

Wait this isn't FCO thats why I got a lot of crap and not what I needed. But I did get what I needed on FCO without the crap.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: The time has come... - 09/29/05 03:11 AM
You got crap because you are lazy. There are stickies for a reason. USE THEM.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: The time has come... - 09/29/05 03:15 AM
Sorry couldn't get back and reply. Was with the g/f.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: The time has come... - 09/29/05 02:17 PM
Thanks FCO

As for spending time with my wife I can justify spending hours in a shop building a motor not spending hours reading stuff on the net.

Wait this isn't FCO thats why I got a lot of crap and not what I needed. But I did get what I needed on FCO without the crap.

What makes you feel we OWE it to you to repeat all the data that has been discussed and archived over the past several years? There are stickies, all kinds of info EASILY at your fingertips.

What do you want from us man? The info is here, just open your eyes.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: The time has come... - 09/29/05 03:07 PM
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:
Thanks FCO

What makes you feel we OWE it to you to repeat all the data that has been discussed and archived over the past several years? There are stickies, all kinds of info EASILY at your fingertips.

What do you want from us man? The info is here, just open your eyes.

No joke! *Taking mental note of the name carraudio and remembering NOT to answer any of his future questions*

Mark
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: The time has come... - 09/29/05 09:37 PM
Thanks FCO

Look. I don't have much of a problem with you posting a question that you didn't search for. If I feel like answering it at that moment I will. If I feel bored for reading the question for the umpteenth time then I just read it and move on.
What caught my attention was your response to the people who said all the information was posted in stickys.

You started making excuses with an attitude about having your time wasted instead of just taking the recommendation in stride and going on.
BTW, I go on FCO also and if I read that there I'd post the same response.
Seems you are selfish and want to waste our time instead of your own. Around here we aren't on the welfare thing...we expect everyone to contribute what they can and the includes putting in some of your own effort. Thats what makes this place so successful despite the fact the car has been phased out for years now.
The issue isn't about FCO or CEG but your laziness. Both forums could answer your questions and have people that are more than willing to help.
If they want to then let FCO build your motor I really couldn't care less.
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 No welfare here! - 09/30/05 03:58 AM
Originally posted by warmonger:
Around here we aren't on the welfare thing...we expect everyone to contribute what they can and that includes putting in some of your own effort.

DAMN! That is Great quote material.

All welfare should be abolished...
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: No welfare here! - 09/30/05 04:02 AM
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by warmonger:
Around here we aren't on the welfare thing...we expect everyone to contribute what they can and that includes putting in some of your own effort.

DAMN! That is Great quote material.

So much so I had to do it, too!

Ray
© CEG Archives