Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: SVT ST PETE GC Bearing kit - Update, PLEASE! - 06/01/02 02:31 AM
Wondering what was going on....

Are these going to be produced?
If yes, a timeframe?

If not, I'll have to go with the other set.

Update, please!

Thanks! smile
ditto
Posted By: OhSigmaChi Re: GC Bearing kit - Update, PLEASE! - 06/04/02 11:55 PM
TTT
Posted By: J-Lab Re: GC Bearing kit - Update, PLEASE! - 06/05/02 09:57 PM
My apologies people.
Both Pascal and I have been insanely busy with work these days, not to mention that I am moving in 4 weeks, so as a result, I hardly have time to get on the site, nevermind co-ordinate a GB on these bearings. I hope that things will clear up in the near future so we can get these kits organized, built and shipped. Thank you for your understanding.
Posted By: SVT ST PETE Re: GC Bearing kit - Update, PLEASE! - 06/16/02 09:45 PM
Just let us know when they become available!
Posted By: 1HOTWHIP Re: GC Bearing kit - Update, PLEASE! - 06/30/02 03:29 AM
Anything yet???????
Posted By: 1HOTWHIP Re: GC Bearing kit - Update, PLEASE! - 07/07/02 07:39 AM
ttt
Posted By: 1HOTWHIP Re: GC Bearing kit - Update, PLEASE! - 07/14/02 06:50 PM
Are these gonna be done at all? I want to install my GC's soon.
Posted By: tckn19s Re: GC Bearing kit - Update, PLEASE! - 07/18/02 07:41 PM
I'd like to get a set also fellas. Mine are just barely starting to click when I turn over uneven ground. Not long till they are gone I suppose.

Bernie
Posted By: SVT ST PETE Re: GC Bearing kit - Update, PLEASE! - 07/25/02 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by tckn19s:
I'd like to get a set also fellas. Mine are just barely starting to click when I turn over uneven ground. Not long till they are gone I suppose.

Bernie
Bernie,
Jack up the car, grease the bearings every couple months. Should be fine.
Posted By: PuckPuck Re: GC Bearing kit - Update, PLEASE! - 07/26/02 01:57 PM
I posted a while ago about replacement bearings from McMaster-Carr. The bearings are the same size, shape and type as the GC bearings, BUT they are rated for much higher loads. Now I have had theses bearings on my car since X-Mas time, and have driven around about 40% of the time SLAMMED... on Michigan roads. I checked the bearings last weekend, NO PROBLEMS.

Of course though when I told everyone about these bearings, I was given the usual CEG slam, because they weren't over-engineered. Well maybe theses same members who slammed me are now questioning themselves.

In any case, the bearings i found will cost you about 10$ including shipping for both fronts, and this includes everything you need.

If you want more info, email me at emailpierre@email.com
Posted By: 1HOTWHIP Re: GC Bearing kit - Update, PLEASE! - 07/31/02 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by PuckPuck:
I posted a while ago about replacement bearings from McMaster-Carr. The bearings are the same size, shape and type as the GC bearings, BUT they are rated for much higher loads. Now I have had theses bearings on my car since X-Mas time, and have driven around about 40% of the time SLAMMED... on Michigan roads. I checked the bearings last weekend, NO PROBLEMS.

Of course though when I told everyone about these bearings, I was given the usual CEG slam, because they weren't over-engineered. Well maybe theses same members who slammed me are now questioning themselves.

In any case, the bearings i found will cost you about 10$ including shipping for both fronts, and this includes everything you need.

If you want more info, email me at emailpierre@email.com
I'm interested...waiting for the other one's seems to be a big waste of time. mad
Posted By: PuckPuck Re: GC Bearing kit - Update, PLEASE! - 07/31/02 03:35 AM
http://www.mcmaster-carr.com

Part #s

5909K35 - (you need 2) theses are the bearings
5909K48 - (you need 4) theses are the washers

they install the same way the ground control bearings do

SIDE NOTE: I told someone else via email a bad part number - i told you one size lower by accident (long story on why)... anyhow get theses ones, they are only about 7$ shipped to your door
Posted By: Madic Re: GC Bearing kit - Update, PLEASE! - 07/31/02 05:16 AM
Order the Mcmaster-Carr bearings, they work excellent.
Posted By: Terry Haines Re: GC Bearing kit - Update, PLEASE! - 07/31/02 11:23 AM
This may help...apart from the uprated bearings you may also want to add bearings under the top spring set to aid turning effort and increase the bearing contact area."Strange Engineering' have bearings with a 2.5" ID that can be used,not a sealed bearing but bigger than the GC bearing.Strange Engineering bearings can be found on the chassisengineering.com site, the part # for a pair is #1001...it may help.. wink
Posted By: Icey Mike Re: GC Bearing kit - Update, PLEASE! - 07/31/02 01:10 PM
Quote:
Jack up the car, grease the bearings every couple months. Should be fine.
I use to do this to my car, but after awhile of driving around on Michigan streets, they will need to be replaced.

Quote:

I also posted the same info about a year ago. I think this is where some of the Canadian guys made their money. :rolleyes:
Posted By: Andy W. Re: GC Bearing kit - Update, PLEASE! - 07/31/02 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Terry Haines:
This may help...apart from the uprated bearings you may also want to add bearings under the top spring set to aid turning effort and increase the bearing contact area."Strange Engineering' have bearings with a 2.5" ID that can be used,not a sealed bearing but bigger than the GC bearing.Strange Engineering bearings can be found on the chassisengineering.com site, the part # for a pair is #1001...it may help.. wink
Terry,
I couldn't find them on the site, I'll keep looking, could you explain what you mean by putting one "under the top springset"!
Thanks,
-Andy
Posted By: Terry Haines Re: GC Bearing kit - Update, PLEASE! - 07/31/02 03:58 PM
Sorry,typo'...springSEAT....between the spring & the alloy cap/seat.....
Posted By: Terry Haines Re: GC Bearing kit - Update, PLEASE! - 07/31/02 08:12 PM
Any,
call them @ 561-863-2188 for tech info,the bearings are in the 2002 catalog, page 17, 'Coilovers & Shocks'... wink
© CEG Archives