Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
I need to wire up the HVAC indiglo's. I'm looking for something preferrably that's on with the headlights. TIA
If you don't have any amps hooked up, you could try powering the HVAC using the remote lead from your HU, and use the headlight switch relay to turn them on. I'm not sure that lead has enough power in it. The 12V outlet in the console will work too.
yeah but the 12v outlet is always on no? I don't want to mess w. the stereo because I'm not done with it yet, I will eventually have an amp and stuff.
doesn't the light around the cig lighter come on when you turn on the lights?you could just run a set of wires from the battery to a switch.
there's a light around the cigarette lighter!?
My '97 has one, my '98 does not.

Why not tap into dimmer switch connections?
just used the power for the lighting on the hvac panel itself, no problems!
Quote:
Originally posted by TheGreatOne:
I need to wire up the HVAC indiglo's. I'm looking for something preferrably that's on with the headlights. TIA
:DBecause mine match perfectly. There is a switch on them to switch from Green to Blue.... I probably sound pretty stupid because you already know about that I'm sure. Just Pull the insulation back a little on the White w/ Orange Stripe wire on back of dimmer switch and you can control the HVAC Indiglo By the Dimmer Switch Hope This helps... Good luck....

P.S. They Should be the same color.... laugh laugh
© CEG Archives