[GnuLoCo]
!daer ot drah elttil a si egap tsal taht

haha! Elky- you're too much!

Wow- that is purdy!
Originally posted by ElKy:
!daer ot drah elttil a si egap tsal taht

!oafml
I flipped it. Barfy retro wheels.

hate it, they threw out half of what made the concept such a great car... it looks like a body kitted current mustang with a hatchback. bleh!
The window behind the B-pillar is a deal breaker on light color cars, it looks like azz.
Still looks damn fine. But go ahead and complain your asses off

What did they change that you dont like??

Originally posted by todras:
I flipped it. Barfy retro wheels.

Look at the rims on the first inside page , they are probably the GT rims and they looks awsome. 5 spoke and what looks like chrome.

PS- The interior is awsome if they had a different color of cloth.
The last mustang you see you can read its the V-6 mustang , they never look that great lol. I agree on that one not looking great. But the GT with the racing stripes looks AWSOME. If you also read the caption the V-6 has 200hp! yay. Now I want to

A. Go to Detroit

B. Get my January issue of MT and C&D

EDIT- Im doing alot of editing , how did you get these? Are these leaked or something..?
I personally like the car, alot The retro rims are personal tastes, but they could've been a little bigger, what are they 15's Ofcoarse I like the stripes too, big surprise right! The one thing I really don't like on a "retro ride" is modern, ugly black plastic mirrors Couldn't Ford come up with some body colored or plastic chrome "old-school" ones Looks like I'm going to have to go down to the autoshow in January and check it out, amongst other things

This one is soooo hawt!
Originally posted by DimitriPopov:

the entire roof line, the beautiful wheels it had, the front end was much more agressive, the tail lights were beautiful on the concept, freakin hideous on the production imo. the exhasut is bleh.

they promised us a mind boggling new mustang sure to blow everyones mind... well the just gave us another of the same ole same ole imho. i thought the idea was to come out and spank the corvette in speed and style and have disgusting sales #'s to boot. even if they make it fast i'd still take a vette. if it was more like the concept i'da taken it any day over a vette

edit: on balance i do think the interiors are still very nice.
Originally posted by Speed Demon:

the entire roof line, the beautiful wheels it had, the front end was much more agressive, the tail lights were beautiful on the concept, freakin hideous on the production imo. the exhasut is bleh.

they promised us a mind boggling new mustang sure to blow everyones mind... well the just gave us another of the same ole same ole imho. i thought the idea was to come out and spank the corvette in speed and style and have disgusting sales #'s to boot. even if they make it fast i'd still take a vette. if it was more like the concept i'da taken it any day over a vette

Others seem to be in disagreement. I dont see what on the roofline changed , maybe you just dont like the new window? I admit I dont like the bumper around the exaust , but you have to remember its a stock automobile. Aftermarket bumpers will fix that problem quickly.

Id say you have to wait for the Cobra to spank the 50k Vette.
Originally posted by Speed Demon:

Others seem to be in disagreement. I dont see what on the roofline changed , maybe you just dont like the new window? I admit I dont like the bumper around the exaust , but you have to remember its a stock automobile. Aftermarket bumpers will fix that problem quickly.

Id say you have to wait for the Cobra to spank the 50k Vette.

the roofline was much shorter on the concept.. a bit edgier as well. and that 3rd window is ugly as sin. as are the massive window mouldings. on the bumpers i suppose i can let that slide, you're right on the aftermarket. but the front end headlights/grille/etc doesnt seem as edgy as the concept was either.

i also like the headlight areas much better on the concept, front bumper seems cleaner, the side scoops are subtle and beautiful.

this tail was much better

and the sail windows again are god awful fugly compared to those rad small scoops on the concept.

i suppose with a bit of body work and a kit though you could probably get close.
Well, I like it.
I agree the concept looked much better but I don't think the production version is bad. Those rear windows are pretty ugly though and pointless more or less. I always thought the rear on the concept looked a lot like the old 300z rear and I wonder if maybe they changed it up a bit because of that. The front on the production looks like they incorporated some of that "elanor" concept front end, looks ok to me though. If they had left those windows out and kept the concept rear end it would look tons better though. It seems to be lacking that "tough" look that should be synonymous with the 'Stang though.
The front was better in the concept, but still looks good. The rear looks real good, the concept looked good too, but I like the production better. The wheels on the V6 (probably 16's) looks like crap, hope they give an upgrade for the V6 options to change wheels. The V8 wheels =

AND when will the be avalible??!!
Not bad in my opinion. But just remeber what Ford said, " The production V6 and GT will be similar to the concept, but the Cobra will excede it". I can't wait to see the cobra
How'd you get it so early? I have a subscription and haven't got it yet. Maybe today or tomorrow.
I never noticed , but the roof does go up faster on the concept. But I think the production while it has its flaws is a very good progression. You did have good points though
Overall, I think it's a huge improvement on the current 'stang, particularly the front end. I'm not a huge fan of the whole retro design movement, but I have always thought the current model's nose was hideous _ huge gaps everywhere, lights that look like the fake headlight decals they put on NASCAR racers, etc. For me, the thrown-together front end (along with the fake scoops) was always a deal-breaker on what is otherwise one of the last true performance bargains out there.

As far as the roofline goes, concept cars don't always address the everyday realities of driving. Concept cars are designed to look really nice, but a low roofline, functionally speaking, is tough to work with as far as headroom, sight lines, interior packaging, etc.

If that is the actual pics then it looks like I will be trading in my stang for one.
Originally posted by PhatSVT:
If that is the actual pics then it looks like I will be trading in my stang for one.

And Ill be looking to finance one ASAP.
I'm going to get one for sure!!!!
the only thing i like about the new mustangs is the front (grill, lights, etc.) everything else looks like arse IMO.
I like the actual new Mustang. IMO, it looks a lot like a '69 Mustang with certain styling points (like that questionable b pilar window ) taken from the 64 1/2 - 66 fastbacks.

I hate the retro wheels and the V6 model. But I never have like V6....or straigh 6 Mustangs for that matter

But I think I'd love a GT and I can't wait to see what the Cobra will look/drive like. I made the mistake of falling in love with the Audi TT BEFORE I looked at and drove a few......not making that mistake agian
just what i feared. looks wimpy and too tall.

ford officially has no car that interests me even slightly.
Back on the 'stang wagon again! Yeaaaaaaaaay! While it's not as awe inspiring as the concept, it's a lot closer than the first round of pictures that found their way onto the net a couple of months ago.

Now my problems are: Dark green metalic with 18" Bullit rims for a Bullit clone, or Dark Shadow Gray with black stripes and Factory 5 rims for Elenor... Bright orange with 18" GT500's and Boss stripes...

As for the sail windows, there are Shelby-esque scoop kits for current production ponys, I don't see any reason the new '05 wouldn't get them in the aftermarket too.
I aggree with Speed Demon.

wtf ford?

That concept looks SO good.

I will say I like that first stang in the motor trend scans, it does look good. But look at the pic on the last page, that thing is FUGLY. Looks NOTHING like a sports car, looks like a regular car that just "fits in" with all other $15k-$19k cars.

It's a shame, that concept looks SO good. The production? Well you have to get the highest trim model with the grill-mounted fogs to even look cool. Otherwise, I'd feel like a retard driving that car at the bottom of the last page
The Mustang was never meant to be and never really has been, a sports car. It was intended to be a fun, sporty car that a family could own. Back in 64 they didn't build the Mustang to compete with the Vette, other than offering an option for a fun car with more than 2 seats. that being said, i kind of like the new design. The quarter windows would take some getting used to, but the grille mounted fogs are hot, and with a bit of aftermarket love a GT could look seriously mean I think. Not that I plan on buying one though.
With a little help from the aftermarket...that car is going to be beautiful!
I like it. Looks alot like an old '69 stang. Just wait 'till the aftermarket gets its hands on it . .
Originally posted by akrump47:
I like it. Looks alot like an old '69 stang. Just wait 'till the aftermarket gets its hands on it . .

Exactly.

The interior is very retro, and I like the design of the body. It was known that the roofline would change, and the bumpers were altered to pass gov't requirements. The added headlights are a surprise, as is the change in the rear, but, it's still pretty sweet. I cannot wait to see the Cobra.
Originally posted by NorMich99SE:
The Mustang was never meant to be and never really has been, a sports car.

huh? wha? the mustang was indeed intended to be a sports car in a Grand Touring tradition, hence the GT moniker.
I haven't liked any Mustang in years. They are all just damm ugly, though I have to say, more attractive than those baroque atrocities that GM killed recently.

Finally, finally, finally, with a clean slate, Ford may have managed to give rebirth to the legend. Let's hope GM answers in kind. Life's no fun without the pony wars.
Originally posted by baco99:

huh? wha? the mustang was indeed intended to be a sports car in a Grand Touring tradition, hence the GT moniker.

Yeah, but they call this a GT, too:
Originally posted by Bronco_II:
Originally posted by baco99:

Yeah, but they call this a GT, too:

in this instance it stands for "Ghastly Turbo", not "Grand Tourer."
© CEG Archives