Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: todras_dup1 Enzo restyled by Pininfarina - 08/08/06 02:58 PM

Info on it.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarnia - 08/08/06 03:00 PM
Holeeeee crap!

That's how it should have looked in the first place!!!!

*EDIT* Except for the goofy exhaust tips popping up in the rear. This isn't a "Lil' Red Express".....
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarnia - 08/08/06 03:00 PM
wow. i agree, much better than the original.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarnia - 08/08/06 03:04 PM
I think i still like the Enzo better but that thing is HOT!
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarnia - 08/08/06 03:04 PM
CF wheels are hot! They pull those exhaust pipes from a shipwreck?

I like this one, but I dont like the roundness of the cabin (the top). Maybe it would look better a little flattened. I realize the design serves a functional purpose, just my opinion.

Cool none the less.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarnia - 08/08/06 03:10 PM
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
CF wheels are hot!

Solid aluminum.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarnia - 08/08/06 03:15 PM
jesus. There could be no better car, that is the pinnicle of what a supercar could look like. Pure sex. No amount of droolies could express how good that looks.

except for the wheels, very... unique.
Posted By: amarv12_dup1 Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarnia - 08/08/06 03:17 PM
Looks pretty cool. But the wheels are terrible imo.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarnia - 08/08/06 03:20 PM
Enzo still tops them all
Posted By: Barge Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarnia - 08/08/06 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
Enzo still tops them all

You mean except for this is an Enzo underneath.. weighs like 400 lbs less and has more downforce and a lower drag coefficient.. I mean besides that the enzo wins hands down.
Posted By: ElKy Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarina - 08/08/06 03:25 PM
yeah, thats how the Enzo should have looked!
Posted By: TGO Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarina - 08/08/06 03:58 PM
i think it's beautiful...but the exhaust sucks.

i was going to say there isn't much i can see in in the way of improvement unless they redesign the whole car - and whaddya know!

i wanna see interior shots though.
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarina - 08/08/06 04:06 PM
Very nice , those wheels are pretty cool also.

Aaron
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarina - 08/08/06 04:10 PM
the side profile reminds me a lot of a lambo..
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarina - 08/08/06 04:27 PM
I have always hated the Enzo. Crazy-ass performance, but downright butt-ugly for that kind of money. Didn't like it the first time I saw it, and it hasn't grown on me, either.

My first look at this car, and it takes my breath away. Gorgeous. Pininfarina...what else needs to be said?

I like the wheels. I think I understand the context, and heritage of where those come from. Reminds me vaguely of the old Campagnolo 5-spokers--or "Daytonas" or whatever you call them.

On the exhaust pipes, I was thinking "good ship lollypop," so I agree those are goofy. I wonder why they felt compelled to so defy convention, there? Has to be some technical reason.

Posted By: Ex-Mean'Tour Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarina - 08/08/06 04:33 PM
The exhaust is unique. I guess this is one of the concept drawings.

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarina - 08/08/06 04:33 PM
Maybe they create turbulance of the air under the car. The stream over the car goes above them.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarnia - 08/08/06 04:42 PM
Originally posted by todras:
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
CF wheels are hot!

Solid aluminum.

Well dammit, I just went to look for my most recent Car and Driver (has an article about this car), and it seems someone has "borrowed" it. I could have sworn I saw a pick in there of the rims being made, and in the center they were not glued (so to speak) together. You could tell it was CF then. I wonder if the prototypes were different than the ones they put on the final car? Where are you getting this from?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarina - 08/08/06 04:54 PM

Originally posted by todras:
Info on it.

Posted By: JohnnyBravo Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarina - 08/08/06 04:55 PM
Jim posts a lot over on Ferrarichat and there's a rather large thread about the project here:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92754
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarina - 08/08/06 04:55 PM
Scrolled right past that.

EDIT: Saw the part on the wheels. Now I really want to find my C&D so I can figure out WTF I was looking at.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarnia - 08/08/06 04:58 PM
at first glance it looks like a concept car. this doesnt look like ferrari's type of styling, i do like it though. i know its from pinafarina but they do most of ferrari's styling anyways...
will this be offered through ferrari? as the next enzo model? i think its cool to have both models, though the original's styling never really grew on me.

i think if the smokestacks were chrome or cf they would look better. definitely original. if they do it, dont be suprised to start seeing similar antics on other supercars soon.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarnia - 08/08/06 05:03 PM
Originally posted by svtizzle4stizzle:

will this be offered through ferrari? as the next enzo model?

It's a one off. Read the article!
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarnia - 08/08/06 05:06 PM
Put some of those flame throwers on that exhaust...
Posted By: Barge Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarnia - 08/08/06 05:28 PM
Originally posted by svtizzle4stizzle:
at first glance it looks like a concept car. this doesnt look like ferrari's type of styling, i do like it though. i know its from pinafarina but they do most of ferrari's styling anyways...

In the C&D article they mention that the last several Ferrari's have been pretty controversial designs and that what portion is actually pinafarina's will probably never to be revealed... so it sounds like that's one of the reasons they wanted to do this... to show what they can make w/o the manufacturer crimping their style.
Posted By: GS474 Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarnia - 08/08/06 05:45 PM
if you have all that money just burning a whole in your pocket go for it?
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarina - 08/08/06 06:40 PM
Wow are those wheels ever stupid looking! Other than the wheels and that exhaust, I like! But won't that exhaust just throw carbon all over the spoiler?

Mark
Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarina - 08/08/06 07:13 PM
The Inspiration:

A 420HP 1746# monster!

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=car.php&carnum=1680
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarina - 08/08/06 07:25 PM
Now some of it makes sense.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarina - 08/08/06 11:10 PM
I'm sorry, but at 4 million dollars or $40,000, that car is ugly, especially the rims. Whats the deal with Ferrari lately and their rims
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarina - 08/08/06 11:21 PM
I absolutely love it!
Posted By: Barge Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarina - 08/08/06 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Klasse Act:
I'm sorry, but at 4 million dollars or $40,000, that car is ugly, especially the rims. Whats the deal with Ferrari lately and their rims

Yes.. the wheels are ugly... but Ferrari had nothing to do with the design of this car except saying "OK, you can put Ferrari badges on it" once it was done.

Would also like to correct something I said before... it's over 600lbs lighter.
Posted By: Aaron 98 SE Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarnia - 08/09/06 01:34 AM
Originally posted by MxRacer:
wow. i agree, much better than the original.

Posted By: Tourige Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarnia - 08/09/06 01:44 AM
Looks like a Zonda from Behind.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarnia - 08/09/06 02:29 AM
I like the change.....wheels YUK!
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarina - 08/09/06 02:30 AM

This from the guy that bought a crossfire???? haha.

The car is gorgeous, except the exhaust just doesn't fit, and the wheels get a resounding, meh. . . and a shoulder shrug. They don't look great, and they don't particularly improve the lines of the car, but they don't look horrible either.

All in all, I think it is a fantastic homage to the classic P3/P4 racers.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarina - 08/09/06 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Rara:

Crossfire as a whole looks better than ANYTHING with those rims.
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarina - 08/09/06 02:33 AM
Originally posted by Loco4G63:

Whoah there, it's not like the EVO is the pinnacle of smoothly flowing automotive design either . . . besides, you won't even see how goofy the wheels are when the car is moving.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarina - 08/09/06 02:35 AM

Whoah there, it's not like the EVO is the pinnacle of smoothly flowing automotive design either . . . besides, you won't even see how goofy the wheels are when the car is moving.

Evo has the goods....that is all it needs. The looks.....it looks like a rally car.
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarina - 08/09/06 02:48 AM
Evo has the goods....that is all it needs. The looks.....it looks like a rally car.

And you're implying that the P4/5 doesn't have the goods compared to your near stock Evo? I mean, it is only based off the Enzo, and 600lbs lighter and has better aero, it must be really slow and ponderous.
The Looks......it looks like a classic Ferrari endurance racing car.

I just don't see how you can remotely compare the two, lol.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarina - 08/09/06 02:50 AM

And you're implying that the P4/5 doesn't have the goods compared to your near stock Evo? I mean, it is only based off the Enzo, and 600lbs lighter and has better aero, it must be really slow and ponderous.
The Looks......it looks like a classic Ferrari endurance racing car.

I just don't see how you can remotely compare the two, lol.

Never compared the two. Obviously, my Evo isn't even close to the performance of the Enzo.

Posted By: Rodewaryer Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarina - 08/09/06 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
the side profile reminds me a lot of a lambo..

Amazing what some people see and what is really there. That side shot has more styling queues from the Ferrari P/3 P/4 than you can shake a stick at. It might remind 'you' of a Lambo but that lovely piece of work is more Ferrari than the thing everyone calls an Enzo.

The unbelievably non-Ferrari design that ended up being the Enzo namesake (turn head and stick finger in throat-looks like something that would make Enzo roll over in his grave) is a hell of a car but would never have been something Enzo would have approved of.

On the other hand, MISTER JAMES GLICKENHAUS and PININFARINA have created not only a masterpiece but the car the F60 (Enzo) should have been all along. Way to go!!!!
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarnia - 08/09/06 12:58 PM
I see Ferrari is finally paying tribute to itself. I wanna see a new Dino.
Posted By: Barge Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarnia - 08/09/06 02:20 PM
Originally posted by MadMerc97:

Needs better reading comprehension.
Posted By: BloodyTomFlint Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarnia - 08/09/06 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Barge:
Originally posted by MadMerc97:

Needs better reading comprehension.

Seriously, how many people who have a post in this thread actually red the article? 50%?

Anyway, I agree. Looks better but the exhaust and wheels just don't seem right.
Posted By: toursvt Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarnia - 08/09/06 05:44 PM
I can't lie, I'm a sucker for Italians. That car is fantastic! Grazie Pininfarnia!
Posted By: Barge Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarnia - 08/09/06 05:44 PM
Maybe they should read the article instead of blathering nonsense... novel idea.
Posted By: SVTJON87 Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarnia - 08/09/06 07:59 PM
can you say bubble craft. blast off, to the moon that is
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarnia - 08/09/06 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Barge:
Maybe they should read the article instead of blathering nonsense... novel idea.

There's an article?
Posted By: Jeb Hoge_dup1 Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarina - 08/09/06 09:28 PM
LOVE the glass. Love the shape, although there are straight-edge lines in there that I assume are for aero but they just jar me a bit. Don't mind the wheels one bit.

The most amazing thing to me is that they found a non-titled Enzo.
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarina - 08/10/06 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:

The most amazing thing to me is that they found a non-titled Enzo.

Probably found it at "Hollywood Auto Salvage."
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarina - 08/11/06 08:23 PM

The car is gorgeous, except the exhaust just doesn't fit, and the wheels get a resounding, meh. . . and a shoulder shrug. They don't look great, and they don't particularly improve the lines of the car, but they don't look horrible either.

All in all, I think it is a fantastic homage to the classic P3/P4 racers.

What, can the guy who LEASED a Crossfire not have an opinion on the wheel selection on a FOUR MILLION DOLLAR CAR All I was commenting on was the rims Brian, I'd think an Admin would set an example, not start flaming This is why I said "with Ferrari lately", have you seen the rims on the 599 and now this car, come on now, its just my opinion and I thought we could do that here w/o repercusions! And as far as the Crossfire goes, well one things for sure, its not going to be confused with a Taurus or some other generic "jellybean styled" car from the mid 90's is it In closing I never commented on the styling, I think it speaks for itself, all I said were the rims sucked and as far as that goes, the rims on my Crossfire look better than those IMO!
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarina - 08/11/06 09:41 PM
its just my opinion and I thought we could do that here w/o repercusions!

Seriously? AHHHH hahahaha!!! Can I have some of what you're smoking?

Yes, we should be able to do that, but everyone knows it doesn't happen that way here.
Posted By: Barge Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarina - 08/11/06 11:15 PM
This is why I said "with Ferrari lately", have you seen the rims on the 599 and now this car, come on now, its just my opinion and I thought we could do that here w/o repercusions!

Your comment makes no sense because this car was not designed by Ferrari.. so you can't really say what's with them lately and include your dislike of these wheels. If you didn't reference these wheels in your comments of not liking Ferrari's wheel lately that would be fine.. but these are not Ferrari wheels.
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarina - 08/11/06 11:16 PM
Roger,

Quote:

All I was commenting on was the rims Brian

This is clearly not true.

Quote:

I'm sorry, but at 4 million dollars or $40,000, that car is ugly, especially the rims.

Quote:

I'd think an Admin would set an example, not start flaming

When did a dissenting opinion automatically become flaming?

Quote:

This is why I said "with Ferrari lately",

AND IF YOU HAD READ THE ARTICLE, OR ANY OF SEVERAL POSTS ABOVE YOURS, YOU WOULD KNOW THAT FERRARI DID NOT DO THE STYLING ON THIS CAR.

Quote:

its just my opinion and I thought we could do that here w/o repercusions!

um, since when is a dissenting opinion a repurcussion? or at least a serious one as you imply?

Quote:

And as far as the Crossfire goes, well one things for sure, its not going to be confused with a Taurus or some other generic "jellybean styled" car

Sure, but it will get lumped into the same "goofy looking" category by most people.

Quote:

In closing I never commented on the styling,

How can you backpedal on this???? its clear as day for all to see!!!!

Quote:

I'm sorry, but at 4 million dollars or $40,000, that car is ugly

You really need to

a) get a thicker skin. Getting all offended when people disagree with you isn't a good thing for anyone.

b) fix your taste in car styling. I command you to go sit in front of an Aston Martin DB9 or AMV8 for 2 hours a day, every day for a month, and repeat "that is an incredibly sexy car" every 5 minutes. That should cure you.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Enzo restyled by Pininfarina - 08/12/06 03:26 PM
I've got the thick skin, but some things are old hat and getting pretty tired here Brian and I'm certainly not singling you out. As far as being cured, well I'm sure sitting in an Aston would do the trick, but I'm looking forward to the day I'm out of my Crossfire and plant my azz into an EVO, then I'll be good to go

Sorry, I did say the car was ugly too, makes sense that wheels follow it there as well
© CEG Archives