Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Augi Special Edition Ford Contour Mach 1 - 07/29/06 06:25 AM
I installed it the other day... no installation pics, but not that difficult I'm not quite finished yet as I still have to put two more fasteners in. I first wanted to take the installation pics, but I left the digi cam at home and my friend's parents took his.

Step by step,
1)I bought some body molding tape to hold the spoiler into place. It held up to 90 MPH.
2) I bought some push-in plastic rivits and dremeled some holes, pushed in the rivits to place.
If you need pics... I'll try to get some...

Onto the encore presentation...

You can see one of the rivets here...

Be patient, I already said that I needed to put 2 more up to keep it from the "wave effect"

What do you think? I'm not so good at the whole plastic and body molding on my car as some of you are, so be gentle... Post all comments good and bad.

I think it might look nice w/ SE skirts and SVT rear bumper...
Posted By: Augi Re: Special Edition Ford Contour Mach 1 - 07/29/06 10:22 AM
I almost forgot... I made it to easier for you... just click the thumbnail and it'll load the direct page.
Posted By: Tourgasm Re: Special Edition Ford Contour Mach 1 - 07/29/06 02:37 PM
fits good. Almost invisible tho
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Special Edition Ford Contour Mach 1 - 07/29/06 02:45 PM
creativity - 10
execution - 6
looks - 4

But thats just my subjective opinion. Im glad you went for it and tried!
I like it very subtle, just enought to make you think in the back of your head, "what's different."
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
creativity - 10
execution - 6
looks - 4

id give it about the same. i think you should have mounted it the other way so it would actually serve as a splitter, rather than just a continuation of the bumper.
Posted By: pimpdcontour Re: Special Edition Ford Contour Mach 1 - 07/29/06 05:55 PM
Originally posted by mystiquevltwin:
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
creativity - 10
execution - 6
looks - 4

id give it about the same. i think you should have mounted it the other way so it would actually serve as a splitter, rather than just a continuation of the bumper.

i must agree.. i think it would nice painted body color.
Posted By: pre98zetec Re: Special Edition Ford Contour Mach 1 - 07/29/06 06:22 PM
It looks ok, I think it would look better if you molded it onto the existing lip.
Posted By: Augi Re: Special Edition Ford Contour Mach 1 - 07/29/06 10:20 PM
Well, thanks for your support on the idea, I almost had to force it to wrap around. The idea behind making it a continuation is so that it looks a bit like a Mirko... in a sense. I didn't like the idea of just fitting it up to the original way. I fitted it a little better, but I still need to upload the pics.

I think I'm going to leave it unpainted just because that IS the Mach 1 Spoiler, so it needs to stay looking likw one. I think the other thing I like about it is that it actually does flare out from the sides so as to act as a sort of splitter by the wheels. I'll try piccing that too. Thanks for your comments. I'm actually glad I did this just because I wanted to be a bit original.(that was the entire reason behind buying the car.)Keep em comming.
looks more like an air dam than a splitter
If you could somehow mold it to the lower part of the fascia that would be tits!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Special Edition Ford Contour Mach 1 - 07/30/06 02:54 AM
Looks like the Mystique lip.
Posted By: Augi Re: Special Edition Ford Contour Mach 1 - 07/30/06 04:36 AM
Originally posted by todras:
Looks like the Mystique lip.

That def. would have been easier to install.
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: Special Edition Ford Contour Mach 1 - 07/30/06 06:38 PM
Yeah, I was about to say!

I knew I had seen that piece somewhere before!
© CEG Archives