Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Klasse Act Dream Cruizin' at "The Compound" - 07/16/06 03:55 PM
Had the next vehicle been released when it was supposed to back in 2000, I wouldn't be here in the CEG (so blame Diamler-Chryser for that one ) I guess I've got a knack for wanting cool vehicles when they come out and then not being able to get them for one reason or another Anyway enjoy the pics and commentary

Its not everyday you get a car that matches the color of some of your detailing products

The 2002 PT Cruiser "Dream Cruize" edition I

Aztec Gold brillance

SMOOOOOOOOOOTH

WET

BRILLANT

"Unique Whips has nothing on this factory interior

...imagine that new baseball glove you had as a kid and you just oiled it up, well, thats what it smells like in there!

Back out and to the rear

The end

....but wait, theres more

The engine bay, a favorite of many!

The owner of this PT is the surgeon who worked on my shoulder a couple years ago and owns the 70' Chevelle SS454 LS-6 as well as the 69' Vette 4-2-7 w/ tri-power that I've detailed over the past 2 years, seen here before in previous posting. This car has almost 40K on the clock and is rock solid and the engine is pretty peppy for a N/A car. As far as detailing products it was Klasse all the way, but this time I waited over 8 hours to apply the second coat, something I learned from this years SZ The clay barring was really something as you could hear it coming off as I was using it, something you don't hear too often when using a clay bar Even when I applied the Klasse AIO the cotton applicator had to be replaced half way through due to the amount of dirt that was coming off and into the pad! I'm very happy with the finished product and the doctor will be here in about 5 minutes so I gotta run, C-Yah============================
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: Dream Cruizin' at "The Compound" - 07/16/06 04:00 PM
not that big of a fan of the PT crusiers, but nice work on it man... One day I will be as good as you at details cars... when I have the money for the products.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Dream Cruizin' at "The Compound" - 07/16/06 04:01 PM
Car looks great, but it needs to be the turbo 2.4!

Where can I go out and just buy LARGE clay bars. I did the front half of my car before my bar was seriously TOAST. I mean it was BLACK almost!

Thanks rog!
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Dream Cruizin' at "The Compound" - 07/16/06 04:11 PM
Hey pete you can get some of the 3m stuff that comes in a plastic container, its blue and black and i think i paid like 7 bucks or something.

then all you need is some quick detailer and your good.
Posted By: elraido Re: Dream Cruizin' at "The Compound" - 07/16/06 04:48 PM
worst looking car.....ever. but at least that one is shiny.
Posted By: snakous Re: Dream Cruizin' at "The Compound" - 07/16/06 05:35 PM
Originally posted by elraido:

It's not the best, but come on! I am sure you can think of some uglier cars than that. I know I can.
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: Dream Cruizin' at "The Compound" - 07/16/06 05:46 PM
Originally posted by snakous:

It's not the best, but come on! I am sure you can think of some uglier cars than that. I know I can.

what about that car from National Lampoon's Summer Vacation

What the hell kind of car was that?
Posted By: Matty K Re: Dream Cruizin' at "The Compound" - 07/16/06 05:50 PM
Modified Roadmaster?
Posted By: contourGL1996 Re: Dream Cruizin' at "The Compound" - 07/16/06 06:34 PM

Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Dream Cruizin' at "The Compound" - 07/16/06 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Matty K:
Modified Roadmaster?

Nope. Look closer. The Family Truckster is a modified Ford LTD wagon, or it's Mercury equivalent.

And there are many uglier cars than the PT. Let's see...Pontiac Aztec, Honda Element, AMC Matador, AMC Pacer, Toyota FJ...those are just a few that come immediately to mind for me. I'm not a big fan of the Honda Ridgeline either.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Dream Cruizin' at "The Compound" - 07/16/06 10:00 PM
The Griots clay bar has the most grams for $20.00 Pete

Now as far as ugliest cars go, well thats surely opinion, but to me the PT isn't on the same block as the cars on the "Gary Busey" meter BTW, thats one of the funniest things ever on here and it should be used more, alot more!

BTW, I worked from 11:00 a.m. till 5:00 p.m. and then came home and worked on that PT till almost midnight. Oh, did I mention I did the engine bay, cleaned and detailed the wheels and washed it before I went to work Its all about dedication, period! I hope to be showing you some pics of a brand new 06' Mustang GT next weekend, courtesy of a local CEG-er who's now a troll
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Dream Cruizin' at "The Compound" - 07/16/06 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Klasse Act:
Had the next vehicle been released when it was supposed to back in 2000, I wouldn't be here in the CEG

You would have bought a PT Loser? Sorry to hear that.

Mark
Posted By: OB1 Re: Dream Cruizin' at "The Compound" - 07/16/06 10:58 PM
I thought all the dream cruisers came with chrome wheels, meh! My mom bought one new in early 02. It is on its 3rd tranny counting the one that came in it, but she loves it. I guess i understand b/c I'm on my 2nd.
Posted By: GS474 Re: Dream Cruizin' at "The Compound" - 07/16/06 11:34 PM
Klasse Act you have a talent you probly already know this but i gotta say it you can make any car look good

good job mang
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Dream Cruizin' at "The Compound" - 07/17/06 12:30 AM
Very nice.....I like the color.
Posted By: Fmr12B_dup1 Re: Dream Cruizin' at "The Compound" - 07/17/06 01:25 AM
Love the Aztek Gold PT. I think the good Dr. ruined it by taking off the factory wheels.

Posted By: SQLSVT Re: Dream Cruizin' at "The Compound" - 07/17/06 02:13 AM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:

Where can I go out and just buy LARGE clay bars. I did the front half of my car before my bar was seriously TOAST. I mean it was BLACK almost!

Thanks rog!

Pete, did you fold the bar in half within itself a couple of times from different directions (horizontially and vertically)?
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Dream Cruizin' at "The Compound" - 07/17/06 02:41 AM
nice, but needs more turbo. i test drove these and was mildy impressed with the n/a motor. very functional car and good looking when done right. when done wrong however.....
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Dream Cruizin' at "The Compound" - 07/17/06 03:52 AM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Had the next vehicle been released when it was supposed to back in 2000, I wouldn't be here in the CEG

You would have bought a PT Loser? Sorry to hear that.

Mark

That's what I thought too. I cannot imagine Roger in a PT Cruiser. The only one I ever drove (loaner) couldn't get out of it's own way. Sloooooooooooow.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Dream Cruizin' at "The Compound" - 07/17/06 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Fmr12B:
Love the Aztek Gold PT. I think the good Dr. ruined it by taking off the factory wheels.

I agree with you as well, but because he drives the car year round he was having some problems with the rims. He told me that they pitted up pretty bad and got to the point they wouldn't hold air , so this is why he stepped up to some aftermarket rims. Speaking of those after market rims, well, I don't think their the best pick he could've went with for sure, but I say this, it makes cleaning them up pretty easy though! The downside of the wheels is this, well besides they really don't fit the style of the PT IMO, is the fact their so open, thus showing off the corroded rotor hubs and calipers and in this cars case the rear calipers were completely rusted So bad infact it would be easier to just buy brand new ones and paint them before you put em' on the car, but the front ones just need to be wire brushed a bit, cleaned and painted to make them look good. I'm thinking because its his daily driver and he's got a busy scedule, being a surgeon and all, he's not too worried about it. Besides, he's got the two other toys that I've detailed already to keep him happy as well as a 67' or 68' Cougar XR-7 "Dan Gurney Special" about to be restored, thus giving him THREE toys to play with! Hell, I'd be happy with one let along three

I agree about the turbo, but it wasn't an option when that particular series came out, I believe it came out on the Dream Cruizer II and that one was Inferno Red and had the turbo.

As far as not seeing me in a PT, well considering the aftermarket for the car I would've had it hooked up by now and I think if you would've seen it you'd appreciate it Thank you to those also who just can't see me in one too, thanks!
Posted By: Ex-Mean'Tour Re: Dream Cruizin' at "The Compound" - 07/17/06 04:08 PM

I have always had a thing for the PT Cruiser's, I especially like the rag tops. I'm not too hot on that paint color though.

But nice work on the detail!
Posted By: jtour Re: Dream Cruizin' at "The Compound" - 07/17/06 04:44 PM
WOW!!! You can eat off that thing!!!

Posted By: jitb Re: Dream Cruizin' at "The Compound" - 07/17/06 05:59 PM
Originally posted by OB1:
I thought all the dream cruisers came with chrome wheels, meh! My mom bought one new in early 02. It is on its 3rd tranny counting the one that came in it, but she loves it. I guess i understand b/c I'm on my 2nd.

what is your mom doin to it, my moms 01 pt, hasnt had any problems. Did she go thru the scheduled tranny flushes? my moms is at 130k ..with no problems yet..
Posted By: PurpleMystique Re: Dream Cruizin' at "The Compound" - 07/17/06 06:06 PM
Originally posted by The Spelling Nazi:
Modified Roadmaster?

Nope. Look closer. The Family Truckster is a modified Ford LTD wagon, or it's Mercury equivalent.

You're obviously not the apostrophe nazi.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Dream Cruizin' at "The Compound" - 07/17/06 06:11 PM
Preventive maintence is key, especially on automatics. Case in point was our old work vans that we used to run. When we got rid of them the 97' Safari had 560K on the original transmission We got it brand new and I took care of ALL the preventive maintence, so its NO B.S. either! I took in every 30K to have the pan gasket and filter replaced and then, when they got the machine that changed out the old fluid for new fluid, that was done every other 30K. At the time of its last visit, that particular van had been there 135 times for various preventive maintence items. The original radiator and water pump both lasted well over 300K and the engine had an oil pump replaced at 90K and that was it for that part of it. Keep in mind that the van was driven almost entirely on the freeway, but after a certain amount of miles goes on, miles are miles
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Dream Cruizin' at "The Compound" - 07/17/06 06:59 PM
Originally posted by PurpleMystique:
Originally posted by The Spelling Nazi:
Modified Roadmaster?

You're obviously not the apostrophe nazi.

While I intended it to be a possessive apostrophe (with 'it' referring to Ford and Ford's ownership of Mercury) I did indeed boff it.

Originally posted by wikipedia:
No apostrophe is used in the following possessive pronouns and adjectives: yours, his, hers, ours, its, theirs, and whose. (Very many people wrongly use it's for the possessive of it; but authorities are unanimous that it's can only properly be a contraction of it is or it has.) All other possessive pronouns ending in s do take an apostrophe: one's; everyone's; somebody's, nobody else's, etc. With plural forms, the apostrophe follows the s, as with nouns: the others' husbands (but compare They all looked at each other's husbands, in which both each and other are singular).

And so I did indeed misuse it. I've been schooled!

Ooooh, but I'll be watching you PurpleMystique! Rest assured, I'll be watching.

Posted By: OB1 Re: Dream Cruizin' at "The Compound" - 07/18/06 04:02 AM
I think shes only up to 70k, The first one totally crapped, the 2nd wouldn't stop leaking so they just installed another. She drives it like a grandma does & yes it is regularly serviced. Hers has also had to have the starter replaced & has been ran into 2ce in parking lots! Just bad luck with it I guess.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Dream Cruizin' at "The Compound" - 07/18/06 05:18 AM
It does sound like bad luck, maybe time for another ride
Posted By: Matt2kSVT_dup1 Re: Dream Cruizin' at "The Compound" - 07/18/06 02:45 PM
Nice job on the detail, but anyone else notice the ridiculous fender well gap? You could stand a Coke can on top of the tire and clear the fender.
Posted By: PurpleMystique Re: Dream Cruizin' at "The Compound" - 07/18/06 06:58 PM
What's a 2ce?
Surely you don't mean twice.
Posted By: ElKy Re: Dream Cruizin' at "The Compound" - 07/18/06 07:20 PM
What's a 2ce?

unfortunately i think thats what he meant.

took me a few to figure it out.
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: Dream Cruizin' at "The Compound" - 07/18/06 07:56 PM
Originally posted by contourGL1996:
"Gary Busey scale of ugliness"

Now as far as ugliest cars go, well thats surely opinion, but to me the PT isn't on the same block as the cars on the "Gary Busey" meter BTW, thats one of the funniest things ever on here and it should be used more, alot more!

Note that those were ripped off Maddox's website: (note those are 2 different links...)

Proof that wealth can't buy class: The top four ugliest cars on the road

...And remember, it's satirical humor, so don't take him [too] serious, even though I agree with a lot of what he rants on.
Posted By: OB1 Re: Dream Cruizin' at "The Compound" - 07/19/06 08:01 AM
Originally posted by ElKy:
What's a 2ce?

Yep. Thats what I meant! It was late & I was typing shorthand or something, on two seperate occasions it was hit while parked in a parking lot. Once it was a family member that didn't know whose car it was other was a hit & run. You guys didn't ride that short bus did ya? j/k
Posted By: ElKy Re: Dream Cruizin' at "The Compound" - 07/19/06 12:20 PM
Originally posted by OB1:
Originally posted by ElKy:
What's a 2ce?

Yep. Thats what I meant! It was late & I was typing shorthand or something, on two seperate occasions it was hit while parked in a parking lot. Once it was a family member that didn't know whose car it was other was a hit & run. You guys didn't ride that short bus did ya? j/k

no i didnt.
they made me ride under the short bus, without a helmet!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Dream Cruizin' at "The Compound" - 07/19/06 11:14 PM
Yeah, it worse than a stock CSVT
© CEG Archives