Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: RoadiJeff_dup1 It's a Girl !!! (My New Ride) - 07/09/06 09:53 AM
I see several other threads on here about non-Contour new rides so I thought I might as well post mine. Pictured below is my new baby that I brought home last Sunday. I still have my '98 Mystique, which runs just fine, but it has been demoted to the driveway. I think I had more comments at the two gas stations I stopped at on the way home Sunday than all the years I've owned my Mystique.

Right now she is mostly stock except for a Corsa cat-back exhaust - mainly for looks and a deeper sound, according to the previous owner. In a year or two I may do something like in the following photo.

Posted By: OoTLink Re: It's a Girl !!! (My New Ride) - 07/09/06 10:57 AM
WOW! Sweet ride!
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: It's a Girl !!! (My New Ride) - 07/09/06 01:19 PM
Originally posted by RoadiJeff:
I think I had more comments at the two gas stations I stopped at on the way home Sunday than all the years I've owned my Mystique.

hmm, I can't possibly imagine why.

That car is hot, man.
congrats to you.
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: It's a Girl !!! (My New Ride) - 07/09/06 01:44 PM
Nice!

I just saw one of the newer vipers last night and it made me realize how lame my contour is.

Must get uber rich and purchase GTS ACR viper
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: It's a Girl !!! (My New Ride) - 07/09/06 02:08 PM
nothing like going 80 miles an hour and not even being half way finnished with the Speedo. That car is dead sexy. Ive only seen a couple of vipers in my life, they are rather amazing machienes.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: It's a Girl !!! (My New Ride) - 07/09/06 02:12 PM
Sweet ride!
Posted By: Berkel Re: It's a Girl !!! (My New Ride) - 07/09/06 02:36 PM
I wish I could go from a Contour to a Viper

Friggin awesome car though, mind telling how much you payed?
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: It's a Girl !!! (My New Ride) - 07/09/06 03:54 PM
Holy crow! What jump you made!

Congrats, and have fun!
Posted By: ilive4sports Re: It's a Girl !!! (My New Ride) - 07/09/06 04:08 PM
Well i think thats a just a small upgrade from the Mystique
Vipers are so nice!! You are one lucky man. A guy down the street from me has a Viper and i walk my dog down to his house just to see the car. Want to trade a 98 t-red Contour SVT for the Viper? I know you want to.
Posted By: RoadiJeff_dup1 Re: It's a Girl !!! (My New Ride) - 07/09/06 06:45 PM
mind telling how much you payed?

Sure, why not. It was owned by a 67-year-old guy who says he never smoked the tires (still has the originals with what looks to be 1/2 tread left at 16,000 miles), only had it over 100 twice and bought it mainly to drive his grandkids around in. He says it has never seen a drop of rain and he only washed it once because it never got dirty. He kept it under a cover in his garage and used a California dust wand and Meguiar's detail spray on it occasionally.

I swear this thing looks almost new. He says he was selling it because he spends 1/2 of the year in Florida and doesn't feel right about letting it sit in his garage in Indiana while he's away. I'll be sure and keep the battery charged.

Anyway, he originally was asking $45,900 but he'd had it listed for a few weeks without many serious inquiries before I saw it and I got it for $42,500. Based on the 100 or so Viper listings I studied on the Internet it was one heck of a deal for the model year and condition it is in compared to what others are asking.

He no longer had the Monroney label (the window sticker - yeah, I'd never heard it called that, either) but I have some inside connections with some people at Chrysler who say they might be able to get me a duplicate. One local dealer estimated it originally listed for around $72,xxx new with the various options.
Posted By: rouar Re: It's a Girl !!! (My New Ride) - 07/09/06 08:26 PM
What year is it?
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: It's a Girl !!! (My New Ride) - 07/09/06 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Rouar:
What year is it?

looks to me like an 02'
Posted By: amarv12_dup1 Re: It's a Girl !!! (My New Ride) - 07/09/06 10:14 PM
So which is faster, the mystique or the viper?

Nice ride!
Posted By: elraido Re: It's a Girl !!! (My New Ride) - 07/09/06 10:16 PM
$42?! That is one heck of a deal. Vette price there...and much nicer ride at that.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: It's a Girl !!! (My New Ride) - 07/09/06 11:19 PM
i have those tires!

too bad i'll never use them to their full potential! awesome ride though! I love the interior
Posted By: KerryKool Re: It's a Girl !!! (My New Ride) - 07/10/06 01:26 AM
That is an amazing upgrade from the Mystique!

I remember seeing two blue Vipers(w/ the white strips down the middle) coming out of Lowes one day. Lets just say I'm glad I wasn't driving, my eyes were focused on them until I could not see them anymore.

Congrats!
Posted By: hrsepwrdrms Re: It's a Girl !!! (My New Ride) - 07/10/06 02:05 AM
Very Very Nice!!!
Posted By: RoadiJeff_dup1 Re: It's a Girl !!! (My New Ride) - 07/10/06 07:01 AM
So which is faster, the mystique or the viper?

Well, the Mystique hangs with it pretty well up to 112 until the speed limiter kicks in. And if you believed that there's an old saying about some swampland in Florida I'll sell you.

It's a '99 RT/10, for someone else who asked.
Posted By: Harrry Re: It's a Girl !!! (My New Ride) - 07/10/06 07:17 AM
Originally posted by AliasJerkââ??¢:
nothing like going 80 miles an hour and not even being half way finnished with the Speedo. That car is dead sexy. Ive only seen a couple of vipers in my life, they are rather amazing machienes.

You need to get out more.

My ex-girls father was president of the viper assocaiation.

He had 5 vipers. ACR, first year viper number 9. Oh man yellow one, blue with the strips , white acr with blue strips. His 3 million dollar mansion had viper logos every where. Viper wine bottles. you name it he had viper on everything. The viper pin ball machine lol. Yes i even drove 2 of his cars, He let me drive them. Since i banged his daughter for 2 years . why not right

Back on topic. Nice ride, and nice find. You did your research well my friend. Car looks amazing!!!
Posted By: jtour Re: It's a Girl !!! (My New Ride) - 07/10/06 11:57 AM

WOW and I Thought the guy with the Maxima had a nice upgrade!!!

Simply amazing, Boy you will never touch the mystique again.

Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: It's a Girl !!! (My New Ride) - 07/11/06 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Rickson:
Originally posted by AliasJerkââ??¢:

You need to get out more.

SVT is 1/2 way at 80MPH... Tach too!
Posted By: icysvt Re: It's a Girl !!! (My New Ride) - 07/11/06 05:44 PM
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: It's a Girl !!! (My New Ride) - 07/12/06 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Derk-xB:
Holy crow! What jump you made!

Congrats, and have fun!

This has to be the largest jump anyone here in the CEG has made BTW, the interior color is awesome
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: It's a Girl !!! (My New Ride) - 07/12/06 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Klasse Act:
BTW, the interior color is awesome

+1

Amen to that!
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: It's a Girl !!! (My New Ride) - 07/12/06 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Klasse Act:
This has to be the largest jump anyone here in the CEG has made BTW, the interior color is awesome

Agreed!

I'm thinking he will be driving the mystique more often that you think: winter beater
Posted By: Ex-Mean'Tour Re: It's a Girl !!! (My New Ride) - 07/12/06 06:30 PM
Originally posted by effblooC2:
the two gas stations I stopped at on the way home Sunday

hmm, I can't possibly imagine why.

That car is hot, man.
congrats to you.

It took you 2 Gas station stops to get a car home? And Premium no less! That's a Viper for you !

haha! Totally kidding! She's a beaut!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post a sound clip of the exhaust!
Posted By: RoadiJeff_dup1 Re: It's a Girl !!! (My New Ride) - 07/12/06 06:43 PM
Originally posted by XKontour98:
I'm thinking he will be driving the mystique more often that you think: winter beater

Yes, the Mystique will still be my winter beater, summer beater, and everyday driver. The previous owner said it has never seen a drop of rain and I'm going to do my best to keep it that way.

Plus, I'll never drive it to work because there are some people there who would probably be jealous of something they could not afford, even though they earn close to the same payscale I do. The difference for many of them is that I do not spend lots of money on beer, etc. I still have a mortgage and a family to support. I worked a LOT of overtime to be able to buy this. At one point back in April I had averaged over 80 hours per week for several months. I figured I had the whole summer to look forward to and play.

Anyway, I get a cool feeling when I come home from work, raise the garage door and see it sitting there, knowing it's actually mine. It's fun to drive too.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: It's a Girl !!! (My New Ride) - 07/12/06 07:40 PM
It's fun to drive too.

understatement of the friggin year, I bet
© CEG Archives