Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: svtkev Weekend project (death to 56k) - 05/30/06 03:58 AM
Recently bought a 2000 Impala for my wife ,done a couple things to it,1.7 drop Sprint springs,17 inch Exel wheels ,LS decklid with spoiler,this weekend I changed over the interior from blue cloth ,split bench to grey leather,heated buckets ,console with floor shifter,swapped the boring base cluster with a 01 Earnhardt Monte SS cluster with tach and gauges,swapped the single disc radio to a 04 H2 6 disc in-dash and installed XM radio,DAMN IM TIRED SO MUCH NICER its like a totally different car,all i need now is body color rocker moldings and it will be an LS,heres some pics
Posted By: RobertD Re: Weekend project (death to 56k) - 05/30/06 04:03 AM
HOLY SHIZZLE, you did a damn good job. At first i was not liking it but then i scrolled thru all the pics and you did an awesome job! I love the interior swap, it looks a lot better then the old. Planning on doing anything else in the future?

P.S. my PO on the rims...not really feeling them.
Posted By: dpa43_dup1 Re: Weekend project (death to 56k) - 05/30/06 04:05 AM
Does look much better with buckets!!!

That had to take some time, very nice.

Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Weekend project (death to 56k) - 05/30/06 04:12 AM
dammmn now thats what I call a good job!
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Weekend project (death to 56k) - 05/30/06 04:17 AM
Looks good Kev! Get those body colored rocker panels, and paint that door ding guard, and bumper moulding, body color! That interior swap looks like quite the undertaking, and you pulled it off well. Good job!

Now, I want to see you post again soon with pics of a clutch and flywheel install on your SVT!

Mark
Posted By: Korfu Re: Weekend project (death to 56k) - 05/30/06 04:20 AM
a BILLION times better!
Posted By: rouar Re: Weekend project (death to 56k) - 05/30/06 04:25 AM
WOW! That original interior looks so tired even though it's only a 2000, but the new interior looks brand new. I like the column shifter -> floor shifter change too, never knew the Impalas came with a floor shifter option. I'm rather surprised you went to such lengths on an Impala of all vehicles, but it came out beautiful. I love it both out and in.
Posted By: RRT_SVT Re: Weekend project (death to 56k) - 05/30/06 04:36 AM
speechless awesome change
Posted By: amarv12_dup1 Re: Weekend project (death to 56k) - 05/30/06 04:39 AM
Wow! Night and day difference on that interior...the old one just looked depressing...new interior is much better.

I don't think i've ever seen one of those models tastefully modded...Good Work!
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Weekend project (death to 56k) - 05/30/06 04:51 AM
while you had all that out, you shoulda dynomat' everything
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Weekend project (death to 56k) - 05/30/06 05:15 AM
Amazing job , night and day difference.

Aaron
Posted By: B.Brattina Re: Weekend project (death to 56k) - 05/30/06 05:19 AM
wow, that stock interior on that thing looked like absolute dog [censored]-- good job
Posted By: NewPowerRadio Re: Weekend project (death to 56k) - 05/30/06 07:00 AM
Wow!
Posted By: svtkev Re: Weekend project (death to 56k) - 05/31/06 02:51 AM
Thanks for the compliments, it was quite a job , but well worth it!
The wheels werent exactly my first choice either but I figured since it was her car id let her pick them ,plus the painted area matches the body color almost perfectly, and at $450 shipped ........
Not too many other mods planned, I put a powdercoated body color Hiddenhitch on also for our bike rack,maybe the factory dual exhaust off the Earnhardt Monte SS,maybe a sunroof.
Impala wouldnt be my choice of a car to mod either but I got it for next to nothing,including everything ive done ive only got about $3000 in it ,so I figured id try to make it stand out from the other 35 million silver Impalas on the road
The SVT clutch is next im thinking about dropping everything out the bottom and just doing a 3L with 3Lheads and SVT cams with port matched SVT intake ,just need to talk her into buying me some headers,more pics soon
heres a link to my fototime with some more pics fototime thanks again for the compliments!!
Posted By: m!key Re: Weekend project (death to 56k) - 05/31/06 02:57 AM
daaaaaaaaaamn man! that is some crazy modding, and not just regular crazy but more like that dude that played the doctor in cannonball run crazy. great job!
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Weekend project (death to 56k) - 05/31/06 03:04 AM
Looks good. Like everyone else, not quite feeling the wheels. Needs atleast 18"s, the right 19"s would probably be good.
Posted By: svtkev Re: Weekend project (death to 56k) - 05/31/06 03:07 AM
Originally posted by m!key:
daaaaaaaaaamn man! that is some crazy modding, and not just regular crazy but more like that dude that played the doctor in cannonball run crazy. great job!

this dude? I hope I never wake up looking like him
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Weekend project (death to 56k) - 05/31/06 03:23 AM
Originally posted by svtkev:
Impala wouldnt be my choice of a car to mod either but I got it for next to nothing,including everything ive done ive only got about $3000 in it

Little five-finger discount going on there?? How the heck did you manage only 3 large?
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: Weekend project (death to 56k) - 05/31/06 04:11 AM
Looks great. I have never seen that bodystyle look so good.
Posted By: owen_SVT Re: Weekend project (death to 56k) - 05/31/06 04:40 AM
Originally posted by SVT SNOB:
Amazing job , night and day difference.

Aaron

Wow you did an awesome job...
© CEG Archives