Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Pole120 Did someone say reflection shot contest? - 05/15/06 03:02 AM
BLKOUT (RIP)

BLKOUT2

Dude that is insane shine!
Posted By: MLuko Re: Did someone say reflection shot contest? - 05/15/06 03:05 AM
you can notice the different colored jackpoint cover on that t-red.. that owner must be color-blind or something.

Looks amazing josh! and i got more of that good scratch removal stuff too..
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Did someone say reflection shot contest? - 05/15/06 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Tour4reak:
i got more of that good scratch removal stuff too..

Good cuz i'm keeping the bottle you left at my house Yeah, you'ld never know both cars were 10 footers after looking at those pics.....till you saw them in person...
Posted By: MLuko Re: Did someone say reflection shot contest? - 05/15/06 03:21 AM
I've got a 15 footer.. and girls dont like it

found some pics. of black betty..

i wish i didnt sell it.. but if i didnt sell it I wouldnt have gotten my SVT..

Posted By: Pole120 Re: Did someone say reflection shot contest? - 05/15/06 04:07 AM
Who needs a mirror when you've got a black tour?

Looking nice let's keep em comin.
Posted By: Dakmis Re: Did someone say reflection shot contest? - 05/15/06 04:10 AM

did someone say reflection?

Posted By: Pole120 Re: Did someone say reflection shot contest? - 05/15/06 04:14 AM
Holy [censored]!!!!!
Posted By: vpogv Re: Did someone say reflection shot contest? - 05/15/06 04:14 AM
Originally posted by Dakmis:

Wow. That's really all that can describe that.
Altho I don't own a black SVT I figured I would enter this contest. Here is 1FASTDADS SVT after I waxed it.

Aaron

For this last picture yes I decided to wax the wheels

real nice Dakmis...
Originally posted by B.Brattina:
real nice Dakmis...

Whats your combo? Ive been doing a clay w/ 2 coats of NXT, 24 hrs. inbetween coats.
-tropictour
Posted By: Dakmis Re: Did someone say reflection shot contest? - 05/15/06 05:17 AM
for that reflection... lets see if i can remember. that was from last summer.

full clay + wash using meguires gold class soap as lube
3m compound via portercable with 6" cutting pad
3m glaze via portercable with 6" cut/finish pad
then glazed again with pc and finish pad
and finally meguires #26 by hand

works really well. as my car was in really good condition to start with more work might be needed be it more compounding or application via roteray to get desired effect. happy waxing

~Alex
Not a Contique or dark colored, I naturally meet competition head-on...

These pictures are before I clayed the hood....

Here are two of Allen's SVT (BuddyPalumbo):

My current Liquid Grey ZX3:

My old Malibu Blue ZX5:

Posted By: jtour Re: Did someone say reflection shot contest? - 05/15/06 12:03 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I love shinny cars!

brapple?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/pole120/IMG00017.jpg

Great pics everyone!!
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
brapple?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/pole120/IMG00017.jpg

Great pics everyone!!

can't see the pic at work ...
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Did someone say reflection shot contest? - 05/15/06 01:01 PM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
brapple?

Yep, Brapple's car next to mine @ Shown & shine in 05
some of these pics... wow... didn't know at first that they were pics of the car!
Posted By: ElKy Re: Did someone say reflection shot contest? - 05/15/06 02:47 PM
yeah that s brians car and i think those are his supah white legs too.

Posted By: Pole120 Re: Did someone say reflection shot contest? - 05/15/06 05:52 PM
Originally posted by csvtjohnga:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/csvtjohnga16/mustang%20airshow/mustangandairshow033.jpg

Love the rims....PM me the price and place of purchase...if they're light enough i may have found new rims.....
How about a Desert Violet Pearl shot? The reflection is actually better than the camera shows.

Shine is easy. Swirl free is hard.
not on new cars
Originally posted by B.Brattina:
not on new cars

Shiine is easy on any car. 97 Explorer that had been unwaxed for 100k miles after I waxed it. Looks shiney, but lots of swirls:

Dealership "detailer" swirled (and scratched) the hell out of my paint. No time to take them out yet.

Edit:
I wont mention any names, but I've seen an SVT that looks in pictures, but seeing it firsthand it's terribly swirled.
Eh no black CSVT but a Teal Mystique.
The first one is better then the second one.

You dark cars have all the fun
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:

[image]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/Pudmunkie/DSC01464.jpg[image]

I 2nd that. Wish I had a close up of my dad's old 99 SHO it was black, he got that thing mirror shinny, looked just like a mirror.

Edit: this is the best pic I have of the car.

He used to be able to get that car wicked shinny.
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:

...in the daytime!

We lighties look MUCH better at night IMO.
I agree, we tend to look great under bright lights at night!
Posted By: Snipey Re: Did someone say reflection shot contest? - 05/16/06 12:02 AM
These may be considered cheating since im not reflecting off my paint...(sail panel btw) but ill add em anyway. if i ever find my camera ill try to get some real ones.

-i like how it says contour in the middle of it
.Snipey
My personal favorites.

Posted By: MLuko Re: Did someone say reflection shot contest? - 05/16/06 12:32 AM
Who says red cant reflect good? My car isnt really a good example of it either..

thats all i can really find of my T-red
Just a week old:

Add a year or two:

And the most recent:
The contour

not the best pic but the evo
some shiny lookin cars in here but I don't see a single babe reflecting in any of those reflections.
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Did someone say reflection shot contest? - 05/16/06 02:03 AM
Meh, what the hell:

if it stop raining, id get better shots. I detailed my car for a professional to do a photoshoot but thats when it started raining
Originally posted by Tour4reak:
Who says red cant reflect good? My car isnt really a good example of it either..

No one said that, Tred is one of the better reflecting colors out there...
I have tons of pictures of my car but no closeups for reflections besides this one. Oh well, still hot.

After polishing, before wax. You can see the dust everywhere from the 3M polish I was using.

Originally posted by stickyjazz:
some shiny lookin cars in here but I don't see a single babe reflecting in any of those reflections.

Not in the reflection but.......

^^^I'd hit it
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Did someone say reflection shot contest? - 05/16/06 04:16 AM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
^^^I've hit it

Goonz how dare you...

She coming to SZ???
Originally posted by pole120:
^^^I've hit it

Goonz how dare you...

She coming to SZ???

No. Couldn't get the time off from work.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Did someone say reflection shot contest? - 05/16/06 04:22 AM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
^^^I've hit it

Goonz how dare you...

She coming to SZ???

No. Couldn't get the time off from work.

Oh well....to the strip club i shall go....
^^^I've hit it

Goonz how dare you...

She coming to SZ???

I was talking about the car pervert!!!

or was I hmm
I win..

NICE CARS MY FRIENDS!!!

CURSES!!!!

Hey Ray, why didn't it look like that when I saw it?
Nice tires Ray. How'd those s-02's work for ya???
Ray that's not reflection...thats glare, that's f'n shinny.
Posted By: OB1 Re: Did someone say reflection shot contest? - 05/17/06 06:18 AM
Did someone say something about RED!

Posted By: Augi Re: Did someone say reflection shot contest? - 05/17/06 07:58 AM
If I had known about this sooner, I would have got better shots, but it should be nice..... Dark cars don't have all of the fun...

And yes, before anyone says anything... They ARE focus wheels. I'm looking for new Focus wheels.
Posted By: MrFord Re: Did someone say reflection shot contest? - 05/18/06 02:45 PM
Well, that is not worthy of your pictures, but still...

Gonna have to take some pics of the Mystique and the SVT soon...
Dang Ray you waxed that car so well that it turned black! (says silver in your profile)
Posted By: Tourige Re: Did someone say reflection shot contest? - 05/18/06 05:46 PM
Originally posted by XKontour98:
Dang Ray you waxed that car so well that it turned black! (says silver in your profile)

The black one was his old E1, he just bought a Turbo 3l from someone on the board. That car is Silver.
Originally posted by Hydramatic:
CURSES!!!!

Hey Ray, why didn't it look like that when I saw it?

Shove it Silver-potto driver!

Originally posted by XKontour98:

re: silver car

Hehe.. its shoe polish! does the trick every time!

That is my old ride at the peak of her existence. Kremit is sporting her now, gonna give her the 3L she always deserved!

Originally posted by 2.3TurboChicken:
SO2's

Those were my favorite tires to date.. the Pole Position SO2s were stickier than the SO3 PP's I had afterwards.. slightly less road noise too. overall, a better tire than its predecessor, but a shame I can't find them any more!

Thanks, all. I'll snap some pics of the Sil-Fro this weekend. She's undergoing a complete detail of interior, exterior and engine; plus some engine work!

Not my car.... well, kinda.

Originally posted by Sharkey:
Not my car.... well, kinda.

Hotness!

Finally a sweet highway picture of my car.
dukefosho

SZ best of paint

Posted By: m!key Re: Did someone say reflection shot contest? - 05/25/06 02:49 AM

the FUZ owns.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Did someone say reflection shot contest? - 05/25/06 03:04 AM
Originally posted by m!key:
http://www.fototime.com/{501D8C69-76AF-4B26-88DF-DED1B9500366}/picture.JPG

the FUZ owns.

File.....save.
Originally posted by Pole120:
http://www.fototime.com/{501D8C69-76AF-4B26-88DF-DED1B9500366}/picture.JPG

the FUZ owns.

File.....save.

lmao!!

dukeofsho's paint =

69boss302:

Both virtually swirl-free.
Originally posted by GT-Slow Pete:
dukeofsho's paint =

69boss302:

Both virtually brand-new paint.

Fixed.
How's this from my car's reflection at SZ (low res version uploaded)....

Original paint after 8.5 years and 163,000 miles.

Posted By: blu_fuz Re: Did someone say reflection shot contest? - 05/25/06 12:24 PM

the FUZ owns.

I WIN! haha THAT'S FOR YOU JOSH!
Posted By: BlackE1 Re: Did someone say reflection shot contest? - 06/02/06 06:57 PM
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Did someone say reflection shot contest? - 06/02/06 07:30 PM

the FUZ owns.

Joe showing his appreciation Should have taken more pics of the Purple Pimps side by side, don't know if it's happenning for 07
Originally posted by BlackE1:

very nice indeed.

i couldnt keep the dust off of it...

omg that is my dream paint
Posted By: Berkel Re: Did someone say reflection shot contest? - 06/03/06 04:50 AM
Originally posted by SVT4STD:
Originally posted by GT-Slow Pete:
dukeofsho's paint =

69boss302:

Both virtually brand-new paint.

Fixed.

I wish I had the money for a new paint job
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: Did someone say reflection shot contest? - 06/04/06 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Gr8 Po0ntour:

Joe showing his appreciation Should have taken more pics of the Purple Pimps side by side, don't know if it's happenning for 07

what do you mean it wont happen in 07!? you better be there! hey pm me bout those headers gr8poontour
Here's my contribution.

Zaino'd!!

Posted By: Snipey Re: Did someone say reflection shot contest? - 06/12/06 06:58 PM

at least i used one with paint for a reflection this time. then back to the old games

© CEG Archives