~ Custom rear strut tower brace
~ BAT springs & poly bushings w/ST200 struts
~ 24mm Aussie bar w/ HMS boxed in subframe
~ SHO Shop SS Y-pipe
~ Bassani exhaust w/o baffles!
~ VooDoo shift knob
~ Mondeo rear sunshade
~ Tinted windows
~ SVT Focus brakes with Bendix Titanium pads (Not on yet)
~ 24V SS sill protectors (imported from England)
~ BNMotorsport white face guages w/HVAC panel
~ Mondeo hood lifters
~ SRP CNC Machined pedal covers
~ Pioneer 8000R pushing Pioneer 2&3 ways (weak!)
~ Power antenna (not installed yet)

Car still needs:
New head and fog lights, entire paint job, to be tuned, nice sound system, Venom, dump the KKM in the trash... IT NEVER ENDS!!!!

god! that is hot todd. seriously. hot hot hot.

why didn't you drive that to the EOSB again?
looks good! Now go break in the motor!
Originally posted by MxRacerCam:

wasn't done.

Looks good todd, definatly took your sweet ass pimp time finishing it!
Looks great!
Originally posted by SVT Driver627:

wasn't done.

Looks good todd, definatly took your sweet ass pimp time finishing it!

no [censored] sherlock.

i was asking todd specifically WHY.
Thats awesome todd, Congrats on getting her back on the road.

this post needs more PICS!
I just found my new wallpaper!!

Beautiful....and soooo hot!!!
the molded mirko makes me happy in the pants.
Todd your car looks awesome great job

Aaron
Thank you guys so much. This is really a sign of addiction. I can thank Lance Kinley for that! I didn't drive it to the meet because I just ran out of time. Still needed plates on it and you know the SOS is only open between 9 and 5 during the week. Lost my damn personal plate too. What can you expect after 2 years though. I had out grown the other one anyway. Also needed to check and double check connections before going on a 2 hr. trip. My CE light came on tonight on the way to the park which is expected w/o MIL eliminators. It was really my first chance to drive it more than a few blocks. Needed to make sure my coolant didn't have air bubbles in it either. Just some baby steps for a few weeks. Man I got emotional tonight. It has been so long. Mostly laziness and $ to do what I wanted.
How far did you have to push it to get those shots?
I <3 Barge.
the molded mirko makes me happy in the pants.

I made a mess.

btw, todd, wtf are you thinking. You just got your car together and running, and you park it in a NO PARKING ZONE!?

looks beautiful man. Absolutely beautiful.

Why no pics of hte passenger side?

Oh, and I did a lot of research in sizing the right filter and a K&N RF-1045 is nice for the 3L. Only question is the fact its longer than the KKM, so might have to verify clearance with the different angled intake manifold you have there.

When/where are you going to get a tune on that sucker? Road trip to ADC?
OH, and anybody notice the STRAIGHT BODY LINES on that pre-98 SVT front bumper? UH HUH. thats the way its supposed to look.

/dismounts soapbox weeeee

EDIT: jebus I want to have sex with your car. But that would be cheating on my car, so I wont do it. But giving her a clay bar treatment wouldn't be considered cheating on my car would it? Its just a little rub and buff...
OH GOOD LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that front bumper!!!!!!! oh my oh my what a glorious day! awesome job todd on a great looking car. it is priceless. i am tearing up.

i need to start looking for a pre 98 se again.
looks really good.
Did you still use the SVT oil cooler between the block and your filter relocation kit todd?
Your car is flippin' awesome!! Sweeeet car!!
Originally posted by 98Ford2L:
Your car is flippin' awesome!! Sweeeet car!!

I agree. That's one awesome pre-98!
Posted By: R_G Re: And the moment some have been waiting for... - 09/08/05 12:53 AM
Looks very good; congrats!
He must be out driving. Todd is never away from the CEG for this long.
he is out driving! i saw this posted then called him. wouldnt we all be? wow, man wow.
Congrats!!!! Looks like one very fun toy!
Beautiful Todd!
That is one sharp looking ride!
Hmm, I've got me some new screen saver pictures.
headlights look a little hazy
Looks great! Very nice work. I love that rich black color...
Looks great, congrats Todd. Must feel awesome to finally have her back on the road.
Looks great. Congratulations!
Congrats, it looks great
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:

btw, todd, wtf are you thinking. You just got your car together and running, and you park it in a NO PARKING ZONE!?

I was thinking the same thing...

but then I looked at the background and realized that it looks like riverside park and if that really is the case, everyone parks in the no parking areas.

Bet she flat screams!!!
Originally posted by mikey boy:
i need to start looking for a pre 98 se again.

<-- it's all yours if you can find me an SVT to trade ;-)

Todd, I love your car. Just adds to the awesome collection of Pre98s to show off at SZ this coming year!

Also makes me want to drop more into my car damnit!

Take that baby for some driving!

todd quit making me want to be stubborn and dump more money in my car!!

your car looks awesome. i knew all those pieces i saw in your garage would come together; somehow, someway

good work as usual
Originally posted by Pre98:

Also makes me want to drop more into my car damnit!

Take that baby for some driving!

get an mtx first
Hell yea!!!! Wow your car looks amazing man, congrats
Originally posted by {Kontofosho}:
Hell yea!!!! Wow your car looks amazing man, congrats

Alex, I shall break your face with my Headers for that comment!
[censored] nice. . .man I miss my car. . . .so how many miles on the new engine?? Break it in like ya stole it!!!
Sweet, good to see it back on the road! It's also nice to see another 'tour with an Aussie sunshade
BNMotorsport white face guages w/HVAC panel

Has your car been parked that long??????????

Looking good mang, how about a couple of pics of that motor while your at it...
It's a miracle!
it's a pigs flying and hell freezing-over kind of day.

Why no pics of hte passenger side?

You can ask Anastazi about that. It will have to wait to get fixed. It's really not as bad as I thought.

Oh, and I did a lot of research in sizing the right filter and a K&N RF-1045 is nice for the 3L. Only question is the fact its longer than the KKM, so might have to verify clearance with the different angled intake manifold you have there.

The intake tube can be hacked up in order to fit a larger filter.
Originally posted by ssmumich00:
[censored] nice. . .man I miss my car. . . .so how many miles on the new engine?? Break it in like ya stole it!!!

10k I was told. I put in new Clevite 77 main and rod bearings.
Originally posted by Swazo:
Sweet, good to see it back on the road! It's also nice to see another 'tour with an Aussie sunshade

NO! I'm the only one that has one. Ok I wish. I debated taking it off but it's so rare and flows with the trunk and body lines so well. Such nice responses. Great way to start the day.
Wow that thing looks gooooooooood. Needs more tire shine
Car isn't detailed yet. I'll be doing a proper whoring later on. Need better locations for sure. Need some nice city night shots.
Originally posted by todras:
Car isn't detailed yet. I'll be doing a proper whoring later on. Need better locations for sure. Need some nice city night shots.

I was j/k... cant wait to see the final whoring!!!!
I'll give you a congrates once you break the 50 mi mark....
I hate Ryan.
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
I'll give you a congrates once you break the 50 mi mark....

rofl
Gorgeous ride Todras! Style and power to boot, doesn't get any better than that.
Awesome you turd - it's fianlly "on the road again..."

Now don't even THINK of coming over tomorrow night in the SHO or I'll kick you in the junk with steel-caps on!

LOOKS AWESOME - the front bumper is PERRRRRFECT
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
looks good! Now go break the motor!

Edited for accuracy.

J/K looks good Todd!
How many headgaskets did you cook on the Red Baron, aka the Sunturd, aka the Red Rocket, there Mr Timmy Goodwrench 3,4 AND a new motor, yeah...time for the peanut-gallery to be silent!
Originally posted by Stazi:

Now don't even THINK of coming over tomorrow night in the SHO or I'll kick you in the junk with steel-caps on!

we fully expect to see some pics of "tomorrow night".... i.e. i want pics of todds car with strippers laying all over it.
Looks great todras, hope it is worth the wait. Driving that beyotch to Petit?
Originally posted by Stazi:
How many headgaskets did you cook on the Red Baron, aka the Sunturd, aka the Red Rocket, there Mr Timmy Goodwrench 3,4 AND a new motor, yeah...time for the peanut-gallery to be silent!

Free car + $50 head gasket + $50 head gasket + $1,000 for new motor and trans = $pwned!

Hey and the head gaskets weren't my fault! The block was pitted!

we fully expect to see some pics of "tomorrow night".... i.e. i want pics of todds car with strippers laying all over it.

I don't want sequins & pasties scratching the paint.
Wow Todd. Glad to see her back on the road.
nice job Todras! The car looks great.

I don't want sequins & pasties scratching the paint.

They DO get naked when you give them 1's...

I will host those pics plz, thx
Nice car Todd. Cant wait until to see so more pics when its done.
Originally posted by Dj Perico:
Nice car Todd. Cant wait until to see so more pics when its done.

+1 That thing looks aweseom, i'm diggin the mesh style wheels. Are you planning on Autox-ing it again? or will she be a pimped out weekend cruiser?
Originally posted by BStoneMega:
nice job Todras! The car looks great.

Posted By: SAV Re: And the moment some have been waiting for... - 09/08/05 04:44 PM
Those look a lot like Dom's old wheels. I hope they are your own set though. For sake of "newness".

Congratulations Todd! You make it look soooo sexay! Now just be like Nascar and take all left turns and you should be problem free.

-SAV
After looking at the pictures again There is too much clutter on the trunk. Just my opinion though... BTW, did I tell you thanks yet?
He should paint the mesh silver IMHO, or get some mesh off me
I think thats the best Pre-98 I have seen on this site. I remember your car from the '04 calendar and it's 150% better now. BTW your BAT springs sit great! Alot better than mine for sure
Todras, You car is amazing! PRE98 ALL they way! Only tip I have for you is shave the line underneath the tail lights. You are getting a paint job anyway. So, that would be perfect time to do it! Great job, and thank you for the help you gave me with my car!
Originally posted by e-hating SAV:
Those look a lot like Dom's old wheels. I hope they are your own set though. For sake of "newness".

-SAV

They aren't his wheels but they are the same thing. Didn't realize this until after I had them in my hands. At least they aren't as common as the RS5's.

Rawdirte I'm thinking about shaving all the badges except the ford and putting just a jag 3.0 badge on the left ala SVT PETE. Is the car really an SE any longer?

Very nice Todd...
dump the KKM in the trash...

Much less guilt trip than giving it to a friend for his Honda Accord
Originally posted by SVZETEC:
Very nice Todd...

Wish I could have seen yours completed.
Me too...

I could post pics next week when it will be done...but none of the good stuff
Looks hot. I really like the rear sunshade on the rear, goes great w/ black body. Nice work
Scott
Rawdirte I'm thinking about shaving all the badges except the ford and putting just a jag 3.0 badge on the left ala SVT PETE. Is the car really an SE any longer?

That 3.0 badge looks great, I think you should do it.
but none of the good stuff

Is the car really an SE any longer?

Yes.

Mark
Well I'd rather have my contented SE over a stripped SVT anyday.

Mmm lit door handles, doors that sound like BMW's when they close, better seats, rod shift, HEATED MIRRORS, an actual center column, better looking trunk, dash clock, jack and tire iron in a leather bag, dual horns and a few more things I'm forgetting. You SVT owners can get off your high horse any time.

Looks amazing, Todd. Front bumper and wheels look top notch!
You SVT owners can get off your high horse any time.

heh, on second thought, I want to put a SVT badge on my SE just to piss those people off I mean, when I race one they see my taillights anyway
I concur.
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Yes.

Mark

I concur.

Yes.

Mark

That's because you're jaded. It happens when you're in love. You know I'm not alluding that it's an SVT right?
I concur.

Yes.

Mark

That's because you're jaded. It happens when you're in love. You know I'm not alluding that it's an SVT right?

Ya, you're saying its a tuarus
it's certainly still an SE.

much like my brothers mustang is still a GT.
Damn it, you found me out so quick!

So, if it's not an SE and not a SVT then what is it?

I concur.

Yes.

Mark

Mmm lit door handles, doors that sound like BMW's when they close, better seats, rod shift, HEATED MIRRORS, an actual center column, better looking trunk, dash clock, jack and tire iron in a leather bag, dual horns and a few more things I'm forgetting. You SVT owners can get off your high horse any time.

WHAT???? Off my high horse? You asked a simple question, and I answered it. Nowhere did I say, "Todd, you don't have an SVT, you're nowhere near as cool/awesome/funny/badass/good looking/etc as me because you have an SE, and not an SVT."
I have an SVT that is modded beyond an SVT, but I don't say "Is it still an SVT?" It is what it is, with some modifications. Z28 owners throw a cowl induction hood on their cars, but that doesn't make it an SS, see what I mean?
And I'll agree, it would be nice to have some of the things the pre 98's had, but I'll tell you one thing, it'll cost me a lot less to do those small mods(dual horns, clock, etc) than you would need to spend on the SVT body kit & paint, SVT seats(or similar upgrade), etc.
In the end, we all have Contours. My car is no more road worthy than yours, as yours is than mine. We both appreciate our cars, and eachothers, and that's all that matters. I'd rather not start a pissing match, as I just took a huge leak, and you'd probably beat me anyways .

So there! You doo-doo head!

And by the way, car looks awesome Todd! Keep up the good work!

Mark
Nowhere did I say, "Todd, you don't have an SVT, you're nowhere near as cool/awesome/funny/badass/good looking/etc

no, you didn't say it.... todd's girlfriend did.

So there! You doo-doo head!

And by the way, car looks awesome Todd! Keep up the good work!

Mark

Guess I should get off the...
JTC mat.
congrats on getting your car running, Looks good!
No, she couldn't say it.....

Nowhere did I say, "Todd, you don't have an SVT, you're nowhere near as cool/awesome/funny/badass/good looking/etc

no, you didn't say it.... todd's girlfriend did.

Originally posted by svt490:
congrats on getting your car running, Looks good!

Dude what's with the engine! Get a bum engine?
I'm a little late to the thread...lol...but damn todd, your car looks awesome. Love the front bumper. Keep up the good work, you better have that instead of your SHO at the next meet at Mikeys!
No love for the rattley SHO.

Go jack off over your car somewhere else. Not everyone with an SVT is on a "high horse". Remember that SVT's can be recontented too. And without SVT you wouldnt have side skirts, a rear bumper, cams, etc ... I could go on ...

EDIT - not trying to be an ass, I still think your car is awesome. Def better than a regular SVT. Personally I'd like to see an SVT with all the pre-98 stuff in it tho
Originally posted by akrump47:

Go jack off over your car somewhere else. Not everyone with an SVT is on a "high horse". Remember that SVT's can be recontented too. And without SVT you wouldnt have side skirts, a rear bumper, cams, etc ... I could go on ...

On a side note:

Me------> <-----todd's car
Originally posted by akrump47:

Go jack off over your car somewhere else.

No. I'm an exhibitionist.
Fantastic looking car, I bet she flies

What size tyre have you on that? It fills the arches nicely with the BAT springs.
Posted By: OB1 Re: And the moment some have been waiting for... - 09/08/05 09:41 PM
I take a little CEG break, Come back & Todd's car is fixed! Will wonders never cease?

It looks absolutly amazing by the way, bet you've been grinning for days!
Originally posted by OB1:
I take a little CEG break,

Voluntarily or involuntary?
Originally posted by Ronan:
Fantastic looking car, I bet she flies

What size tyre have you on that?

I hope shes a strong runner. Tire size is 215/45/17
I think that is the BEST pre 98 I have ever seen
How wide are the rims? 17x7.5?
Nice.... Its about time its done!!!!!

Also i dont think it was very nessecary to paint the Pressure plate blue do you? Kinda pointless if you ask me

Ohh yes PS this is by far my fav mod of yours

~ SVT aluminum spare tire
I seriously hope thats there for a joke!!! can i put removed spare tire as a mod on my SHO?

Wow, my car actually came with/has 5 of those things you listed. My 98 must be special or something.

BTW, car is looking really good.
Originally posted by Kinda SteedaSan:
Nice.... Its about time its done!!!!!

Also i dont think it was very nessecary to paint the Pressure plate blue do you? Kinda pointless if you ask me

Ohh yes PS this is by far my fav mod of yours

~ SVT aluminum spare tire
I seriously hope thats there for a joke!!! can i put removed spare tire as a mod on my SHO?

Jason's inner retard shows itself. The PP comes that way. And the SVT spare weighs significantly less than a standard spare. I bet the weight I saved is about the same as you did with that CF hood. And it was free from my parts car. You wouldn't know that though. Sometimes you just need to STFU eh?
How wide are the rims? 17x7.5?

Not sure to be honest. I doubt they are that side. It's just the design of the wheel that makes em look a little wider.
Some times you need to Catch the sarcasism!!!!!!!

And i highly doubt your svt spare shaved 60 pounds!

I know the pp came that way retardo!
I hope the car runs as good as it looks , Todd . Congrats on finally getting her up & running . Probably seemed like forever .

Wish I had an Aussie rear sunshade ...

Good job !
Originally posted by Y2KMondeoSVT:

me too
Todd, that thing looks astounding!

Got any engine bay pics?
No pics other than the ones taken from the low angle. It's not very clean yet. Needs a good detailing.

Yeah, me too.
Oh, that's right, you have mine.
It looks better on your car anyway.
WOW!
Originally posted by LUCA:

Yeah, me too.
Oh, that's right, you have mine.
It looks better on your car anyway.

Put the 3.0 badge under the Contour badge and remove the SE, Ford and 24V badges.
About friggin time!
Posted By: OB1 Re: And the moment some have been waiting for... - 09/13/05 03:42 AM
Originally posted by 98 SE:
Originally posted by OB1:
I take a little CEG break,

Voluntarily or involuntary?

Voluntary, really busy! Congrats again Todd!
all together verry nice todd, i havent seen a pre-98 that i have liked soo much yet till now.need to de-haze the headlights but other than that i would role that in a second.
© CEG Archives