Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Quicksilver_dup1 R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/21/05 09:44 PM
Here you go guys! Enjoy...

I love that...have the same rear end...now I will have to do this...spec considering I have an extra set of tail lights laying around.
Posted By: maverik_dup1 Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/21/05 09:50 PM
Holy !!! Very nice!
First reaction----> "Bad. Ass."
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/21/05 09:58 PM
Phenominal looking, especially the side markers. If you ever start a group buy, I will number one on the list.
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
Phenominal looking, especially the side markers. If you ever start a group buy, I will number one on the list.

Something like that anyways. I need tails from you to match my headlights!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/21/05 10:16 PM
Inovator, from front to back BTW, nice center reflector and those tailights, but what did you do about the emblem in the center? I can't tell what you did, but I'm sure its nice
Posted By: svt4stv Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/21/05 10:19 PM
very nice

ps whats up with the Contour SIR on your cabinet?!
Sweeeeet!
now THAT is nice job man !
Posted By: Pre98 Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/21/05 11:01 PM
I agree, great work.
LOL, no SIR Contour in my garage. I met up with Kevin, so we snapped a few quick pics... Actually, Kevin's garage is very nice. (Thanks for helping me out brother!)

On to the lights. They came out pretty good, almost exactly how I planned for them to look. Gotta say that they are definately a huge pain in the ass to make. I could have made 5 sets of projector headlights in the same amount of time it took to build that one set of Tails...

The major issue is sealing them properly. This is especially important considering that our Tails are designed in such a way that the bulb assemply is located OUTSIDE of the trunk area. What this means is that you have to be really careful not to offset the geometry of the modified tail lights, or else you will be pleasently rewarded with a trunk full of water...

As far as making these for CEG, guys I really appreciate your trust in me to make a set for you... However, after enduring the Projector Headlights disaster, mass producing these is not in my future plans. Sorry to disappoint, but it is what it is...

Thanks for all the compliments guys. It is good to see people are still excited about these cars, 5-6 years after Ford axed them.
Originally posted by MAYBE aliasfriend:

Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/22/05 12:07 AM
Originally posted by paul martin:
Originally posted by MAYBE aliasfriend:

Posted By: m!key Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/22/05 12:11 AM
pretty neat! wassap with the LEDs on the side?
Posted By: liquidX Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/22/05 12:14 AM
and at the same time
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/22/05 12:19 AM
Looking great Milan!
Originally posted by mikey boy:
pretty neat! wassap with the LEDs on the side?

I initially wanted to do the round clusters only. But when I mounted them up on the car before I sealed the lenses, I realized that there was way too much empty space in the lights. Plus the lights could not be seen from a side angle. So I mounted three small LED bars on each side so that I am well visible from all angles...
Posted By: JeSiZZle Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/22/05 12:22 AM
how about a how-to and/or some pointers for us?

i wanna know how you got them smooth
Originally posted by JeSuSToUr:
how about a how-to and/or some pointers for us?

i wanna know how you got them smooth

If you mean clear, then that is simple. All Mystique lenses come with dual reflectors. Basically, the outer is a clear red plastic and the inner is a fluted clear plastic lense. Once you separate the lenses from the assembly, you then separate the clear from the Red. And that is all she wrote.

As far as a How-To, I may do one some day.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/22/05 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Quicksilver:

may i donte a test pair for the How-To
Those look great!
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

Me TOO!!!!
Posted By: amarv12_dup1 Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/22/05 02:15 AM
Looks excellent, as expected. Good work man!

Those look like the peterson "pirahna" units with the superflux LEDs...are they?
No, they are some no name brand... Picked them up on my way home from SZ at a truckstop.
Posted By: OB1 Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/22/05 02:28 AM
They look Great!
Beautiful work Milan.
Posted By: hrsepwrdrms Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/22/05 04:04 AM
Lookin good!
Posted By: jansons Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/22/05 04:23 AM
wow

nice!
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/22/05 05:29 AM
Istillhateyou@hotmail.com!!!!!

Dude, Milan those taillights rock!!!

Can't wait to see these bad boys in person!!!
Posted By: Anubis98 Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/22/05 07:13 AM
hey can u get a step by step thing on how to make these i wanna get my done as soon as possible so plz help if possible

Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/22/05 12:10 PM
Originally posted by ExDelayed:
Beautiful work Milan.

Posted By: Blue11 Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/22/05 12:57 PM
Wow....those look amazing
Thanks again for the compliments. I wish that I had time to snap some night shots. Trust me, they look a million times better at night.

The LEDs in there are twice as bright as the ones seen on most passanger cars, as they are heavy duty ones meant to go on a truck/trailer. When they illuminate full strength, you cannot look at them straight. They are insane.

I already got asked twice in a week stopped at a light as to what kind of a car I have, and of course, "wow man, that thing has cool stoplights..."

The sidemarkers are an intense red, as you can see from the pics. They are even brighter than the stop/turn LEDs. At night they emit a piercing, laser red light. Totally awesome!

Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/22/05 03:24 PM

Where did you get Mystique lenses to donate bonehead?

BTW Milan, tails look sick. Love them.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/22/05 04:14 PM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:

Where did you get Mystique lenses to donate bonehead?

BTW Milan, tails look sick. Love them.

shut up!! I'll buy an extra pair
Posted By: akrump47 Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/22/05 04:27 PM

That def is the hottest CSVT back end ever, hands down!
Posted By: R_G Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/22/05 05:09 PM
Originally posted by wa2tuff:

I will be the second (after Tom)
Posted By: Stazi Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/22/05 06:03 PM
What would be icing on the cake in my books, would be to mount a string of orage or yellow LEDS in that lower black strip underneath each tailight and make them the turn signals and leave the tailights as brake lights and remove their turn-signal function.
Originally posted by Stazi:
What would be icing on the cake in my books, would be to mount a string of orage or yellow LEDS in that lower black strip underneath each tailight and make them the turn signals and leave the tailights as brake lights and remove their turn-signal function.

Just wait...
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/22/05 06:58 PM
Looks great. Time well spent.
Hahaha, unbeliavable Stazi. As a matter of fact I bought a set of clear tubes that light up yellow. However, I just wanted to finish the lights.

Is there an upgrade coming soon...? Hmmmmm, never know....

Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/22/05 09:45 PM
Sick!
Posted By: TGO Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/23/05 02:32 PM
so no production of these for the CEG?

...TEASE!
Originally posted by TGO:

...TEASE!

Like I said, the last time I did a project for CEG, I got crusified atop a big fat cross.

I would be more than happy to make them, but to go through the same drama is simply a huge detterant...

If anyone needs help in making them, feel free to contact me at any time.
Posted By: weasel Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/23/05 05:54 PM
Hmmm, I got a Mystique ... If you can, could you post some pics during construction ?

P.S. Will someone figure out how to light up the center reflector for christ's sake !!!
Someone on here is about to unveil his tails, that DO have the center reflector lighted...

I decided against it because I don't like too much light at the rear. I like to keep in clean and simple.
Posted By: weasel Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/23/05 06:29 PM
If I ever do this, here's the ones I'll be using:

Posted By: liquidX Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/23/05 06:37 PM
Originally posted by weasel:
If I ever do this, here's the ones I'll be using:

Is that a christmas tree ornament?
Posted By: weasel Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/23/05 06:41 PM
Ya know ... it does kinda look like one.
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/23/05 06:49 PM

...TEASE!

Like I said, the last time I did a project for CEG, I got crusified atop a big fat cross.

I would be more than happy to make them, but to go through the same drama is simply a huge detterant...

Quicksilver is bending the truth here. He was forbidden from ever doing business again on CEG as a condition of his un-banning, among a few other things. He has violated every single term of his re-instatement, so he has been banned once again, and is no longer eligible for re-instatement.
Posted By: Airforce Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/23/05 09:22 PM

thats all i have for you.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/23/05 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Rara:

...TEASE!

Quicksilver is bending the truth here. He was forbidden from ever doing business again on CEG as a condition of his un-banning, among a few other things. He has violated every single term of his re-instatement, so he has been banned once again, and is no longer eligible for re-instatement.

Not that anyone cares what I have to say, but can I ask where he was doing business? He's declined all requests for group buys, and all requests for payment to build any sort of headlights/tail lights for other CEG'ers. The only thing I've seen him do is offer advice/suggestions on them, and a possible "how-to".

Mark
same here, not sure where he offered to do business but maybe there is history that we do not know about...
Posted By: rouar Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/23/05 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Not that anyone cares what I have to say, but can I ask where he was doing business? He's declined all requests for group buys, and all requests for payment to build any sort of headlights/tail lights for other CEG'ers. The only thing I've seen him do is offer advice/suggestions on them, and a possible "how-to".

Mark

The same. He may be doing business "privately" but on the boards I've seen nothing except him wanting to give advice -- with the exception of doing someone's projectors for free for a howto.

I agreed with the unban given he didn't do more business, but so far it hasn't appeared that he has ...
Posted By: R_G Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/23/05 10:00 PM
Originally posted by 98 SE:
...but on the boards I've seen nothing except him wanting to give advice -- with the exception of doing someone's projectors for free for a howto.

Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

...TEASE!

Mark

Thanks mark at least someone sees the truth..

The admin and Mods just have it out for him, I will say this i will not donate anymore money for Ceg from his point on, for the simple fact that the mods and admin pick and choose who they want to ban and why, but when it comes to mods breaking the rules it seems like they dont see it.

Brian show us were he broke the rules. He said he wont make them and wont sell them yet you ban him

Posted By: R_G Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/23/05 10:14 PM
Well gentlemen, I don't really understand where is all the indignance/surprise/questioning coming from? Like Rara said (posted) here on numerous occasions - well, at least more than once - "it's not a democracy here." Now, if it is not, then what is it? I guess the opposite is a totalitarian rule, autocracy or what have you. If this is the case, then selectively banning this-or-the-other CEGer doesn't constitute any breach of fairness (there was none declared), does it?

I believe we all remember a rather unpleasant development here between Pete and Milan as well as the other GB initiatives by Milan that apparently went sour (was it a T-shirt GB?), but we also remember tens - or close to it - of grateful customers who were pretty satisfied with Milan. I believe that the truth of the matter is well phrased by Kevin - the Management doesn't take a patricular liking to Milan and it should explain it all...
Originally posted by R_G:
Originally posted by 98 SE:
...but on the boards I've seen nothing except him wanting to give advice -- with the exception of doing someone's projectors for free for a howto.

Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/23/05 10:22 PM
Well gentlemen, I don't really understand where is all the indignance/surprise/questioning coming from? Like Rara said (posted) here on numerous occasions - well, at least more than once - "it's not a democracy here." Now, if it is not, then what is it? I guess the opposite is a totalitarian rule, autocracy or what have you. If this is the case, then selectively banning this-or-the-other CEGer doesn't constitute any breach of fairness (there was none declared), does it?

I believe we all remember a rather unpleasant development here between Pete and Milan as well as the other GB initiatives by Milan that apparently went sour (was it a T-shirt GB?), but we also remember tens - or close to it - of grateful customers who were pretty satisfied with Milan. I believe that the truth of the matter is well phrased by Kevin - the Management doesn't take a patricular liking to Milan and it should explain it all...

I have been braking up that tree too long.....like I have said in the past there is A LOT of favoritism here.
Posted By: R_G Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/23/05 10:31 PM
Since my wife and I are planing a trip to Chicago in October - does it give me a right to register at ChicagoCEG?

That's how I see it... One person has absoulte authority (Lance) to do whatever they want (since it is his site). Lance delegates some authority down to the moderators to enforce the law of the land, which may be abused by some if they have a biased view. However, in this case, he was banned once before for shifty business (people that are asking about it, just search) and, according to Rara, has broken the rules they made him follow to get unbanned.

I'm sure they (moderators) don't just ban someone without discussing it between themselves, unless the person did something really stupid.

Oh, and Milan, those are cool looking. Good info that the Mystique has clear red lenses...
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/23/05 10:40 PM

...TEASE!

If anyone needs help in making them, feel free to contact me at any time was exactly what Milan said.... There was no sort of "buisness" going on here.....

Mods of Power go at it again. This was a bad move. I agree with Kevin....After all I out in \to the raffles at Spring Zing and my CEG Jacket donations this site will never see another penny from me until the mods quit acting like gods and learn to read before hitting the ban button....
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/23/05 11:25 PM
Since my wife and I are planing a trip to Chicago in October - does it give me a right to register at ChicagoCEG?

Hell yeah, US admins welcome you with open arms!!!

No kissing though...
Posted By: Pole120 Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/23/05 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Bk4293:

No kissing though...

on the lips that is
Posted By: BSOELMAN Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/23/05 11:39 PM
Why all the fuss. this is the real world and sometimes people just dont get along. I wont pretend to know all that is going on but this a public forum and I dont think he should be banned, again. I think it is absolutly rediculus that the admins are just looking for the slightest hint of a reason to ban someone on this site. I say let back on and quit whining. Milan is a nice guy with good intentions getting the shaft by "THE MAN"
Originally posted by pole120:

No kissing though...

on the lips that is

what part of chicago man we will have to hook up and go to hooters or bww.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/23/05 11:51 PM
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-8:
Originally posted by pole120:

No kissing though...

on the lips that is

what part of chicago man we will have to hook up and go to hooters or bww.

Indeed!
Milan, (assuming you can still view forums even if you cant post) are you a member of fordcontour.org? any chance of continuing this thread there?
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/24/05 12:25 AM

I can't believe all this. All I see on this board coming from Milan is informative posts and nothing more. Can someone please point me in the direction to where he broke the rules again?
Posted By: liquidX Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/24/05 12:28 AM
This is unbelievable
Posted By: ZetecTour Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/24/05 12:38 AM
Originally posted by liquidX:
This is unbelievable

no its PATHETIC
Posted By: Airforce Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/24/05 12:43 AM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:

I can't believe all this. All I see on this board coming from Milan is informative posts and nothing more. Can someone please point me in the direction to where he broke the rules again?

u won't find it unless RARA makes it up.
Posted By: liquidX Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/24/05 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Airforce:

Or maybe his lights are better than Brians and with a Hatorade overdose who knows?
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/24/05 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Airforce:

You know, its the uninformed, misguided posts like this that are the worst to wade through. You haven't the slightest idea what you are talking about, but I certainly hope you realize what it is that you are inferring about Rara, a fellow Moderator of mine. Opening cans of worms should only be done when you can BACK UP what you are saying.

Inferring that certain individuals are "shady" or would make anything up is crossing all the lines..

You don't like what has played out here, recently, fine... there are ways to voice that opinion, other than slinging mud right back at someone.

Why don't you take your opinion and voice it in a way that is mature, and approachable. We'll leave this thread unlocked as long as that can happen..

think we can do that?

Ray
Posted By: Airforce Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/24/05 01:01 AM
Ray,

I have looked up and down the forums for something milan said or did to justify his ban. There is nothing. I was answering the previous post when I stated that you are only going to find somthing if Rara makes it up and I stick to my comment. I am not uninformed and have made my comment. You are the one who is uninfored here. Read the past 7 posts I have made.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: R U Ready? L.E.D. Tails All Done... - 08/24/05 01:03 AM
*sigh....*

I knew I spent the last 4 years developing these social relationships on here for nothing.

If I am uninformed, because (once again, you assume something) I haven't read your above posts, then what is the world coming to?

"Assumption is the mother of .... nah... I won't finish it, but if anyone can name that movie, I'll give you an e-cookie..

Ray
© CEG Archives