Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: JEDsContour Upcoming JEDsContour Dollar Day Sales - 07/31/05 07:48 PM
A taste of the dollar day sales insanity yet to come.
More details soon in the "General" forum.
Posted By: MLuko Re: Upcoming JEDsContour Dollar Day Sales - 07/31/05 07:53 PM
if only i had some money laying around
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Upcoming JEDsContour Dollar Day Sales - 07/31/05 07:56 PM
Jed,

Regardless of what outcome this all ends up with, I want you to know that this is an incredily selfless act. Bravo, my good man.

PS: Those rims are teh hawtness. I'm droolin, here..

Ray
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: Upcoming JEDsContour Dollar Day Sales - 07/31/05 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Ray:

PS: Those rims are teh hawtness. I'm droolin, here..
Ray

I'm sure almost everyone will agree that if there's someone who deserves the tires and rims more, it would be Ray. Oh well, let's see if it is a raffle or up to Jed's goodwill.
Posted By: ZetecTour Re: Upcoming JEDsContour Dollar Day Sales - 07/31/05 08:02 PM
Ray, i will buy them for you for the one dollar....just pay shipping....you deserve some rims.
Originally posted by Tour4reak:
if only i had some money laying around

All it takes is one dollar per ad if you win . Check out the classifieds under "performance" and the "general" Forum thread "I am leaving this hobby - Who will win my parts?"

Each of these pictures is likely to be a single classified ad. I have already sold a set of new MSDS headers and a Bosal catback exhaust system for a dollar each. Since the upcoming ads are more complex (there are more parts involved), I thought I would post some pictures. If you have thoughts on how better to distribute the parts between ads, let me know
Posted By: ZetecTour Re: Upcoming JEDsContour Dollar Day Sales - 07/31/05 08:04 PM
jed ill take the struts and springs....if anyone has seen my car, they know how high it is.....i think i deserve them
i hope i can win the wheels, i'm on steelies, with winter tires
I have already sold a set of new MSDS headers and a Bosal catback exhaust system for a dollar each.

???

i got $5 on the suspension components
If we are bidding on the suspension parts. I will be bidding high ! Car is scraping in the rear and a BAT kit is ideal for what I am looking for. Say $300 plus ! -B.

Ok, I went to the General forum and NOW I understand. That is fine, and I am overwhelmed at your kindness in giving these parts to people for a dollar. I don't wont to rob from people that need these parts more then me. I will continue to save and buy the suspention outright from the dealer. Good luck to all, and sorry for the misunderstanding, I just have never seen anyone do this before, I am from the ebay world ! Thanks JED you are the man. -B.
Originally posted by BlackwidowSVTT:
If we are bidding on the suspension parts. I will be bidding high ! Car is scraping in the rear and a BAT kit is ideal for what I am looking for. Say $300 plus ! -B.

Offering more than a dollar will ensure you do not get the part(s). Do some research to figure out what I am looking for. Believe it or not it is simple.

Here is a clue "yeonrhtoegosrestti."
Posted By: Nate S Re: Upcoming JEDsContour Dollar Day Sales - 07/31/05 08:30 PM
Tough clue. Are we supposed to unscramble the word? I always sucked at that
Posted By: owen_SVT Re: Upcoming JEDsContour Dollar Day Sales - 07/31/05 08:35 PM
im in need of a few of those things lol (like my post in the other thread) but...

Ray, if by chance i end up winning the rims, they are all yours, you need them worse than i do so if it does come to it, they're all yours man!
I just replaced all the supension parts you are showing.

If it were me, I think I would keep the wheels for the daily driver.
Edited my first post !
Ray, I have some stock 98 SVT wheels painted black with brand new tires on them. I can ship from CO to your location. Just PM me. No curbs at all, look new and you can always paint them a different color. -B.

Thanks for making CEG my favorite web site to read. Everyone here has made it possible to have a drive able custom Turbo SVT. Great thanks to ADC too, you guys are awesome ! -B.
Originally posted by JEDsContour:

EIGHTEENS ROTOR TOYS

I figured it out
Posted By: R_G Re: Upcoming JEDsContour Dollar Day Sales - 08/01/05 12:07 AM
I want you to know that this is an incredily selfless act. Bravo, my good man.

Posted By: ElKy Re: Upcoming JEDsContour Dollar Day Sales - 08/01/05 12:10 AM
i could use those lower control arms.
just ak anyone at SZ who saw my wheel 'twitch'
Originally posted by R_G:
I want you to know that this is an incredily selfless act. Bravo, my good man.

i have to agree as well....

and those rims are sweet as hell...
i don't think i've seen them on a tour before...
Originally posted by Digital Slacker:
Originally posted by JEDsContour:

EIGHTEENS ROTOR TOYS

I figured it out

Umm....No.
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: Upcoming JEDsContour Dollar Day Sales - 08/01/05 02:08 AM
Originally posted by BlackwidowSVTT:
Edited my first post !
Ray, I have some stock 98 SVT wheels painted black with brand new tires on them. I can ship from CO to your location. Just PM me. No curbs at all, look new and you can always paint them a different color. -B.

Thanks for making CEG my favorite web site to read. Everyone here has made it possible to have a drive able custom Turbo SVT. Great thanks to ADC too, you guys are awesome ! -B.

I think in the midst of all the excitement, no one noticed this generous post. You are to be commended too BlackwidowSVTT. <<<
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: Upcoming JEDsContour Dollar Day Sales - 08/01/05 02:21 AM
Jed, I'll be PM'ing you about that rear subframe/aussie-bar/RSTB when that goes up, but if it doesn't work out, where did you get the Rear Strut Tower Bar from? I've been having a heck of a time finding one just like that.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Upcoming JEDsContour Dollar Day Sales - 08/01/05 02:44 AM
tires go to... yeonhrest

I think I'm getting close. Can you make a name or alias out of that last bit?
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
tires go to... yeonhrest

I think I'm getting close. Can you make a name or alias out of that last bit?

Three words, none of them a name. It is the secret to this whole thing...
Posted By: Nate S Re: Upcoming JEDsContour Dollar Day Sales - 08/01/05 04:39 AM
you "won the lottery"?

just kidding
can we have one more small clue?
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Upcoming JEDsContour Dollar Day Sales - 08/01/05 05:27 AM
no need for a smaller clue.

I figured it out.

PM'd an answer.. awaiting a response.

I'll post it publicly once I get the go ahead from Jed, or not.

Ray
Posted By: esveetee Re: Upcoming JEDsContour Dollar Day Sales - 08/01/05 06:08 AM
yeonrhtoegosrestti-->

the rest goes to ...... yonri!!!

lol, who's this yonri guy? seemed like a good guess at the time. I don't really have a big need for most of this stuff anyway. sure, I could use some of it, but others need it a lot more than I do I'm sure.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Upcoming JEDsContour Dollar Day Sales - 08/01/05 08:08 PM
With the go ahead from Jed:

The phrase was:

"Generosity to others", and I think that its the most basic, and well chosen reason for anything that he is doing. A true measure of any member, for the love of the platform, the enthusiast, and the continued success of CEG.

Nothing about "I need this the most", etc... I don't NEED anything. I have been blessed with a child, and a loving wife.. how much more could I REALLY need? For every "I need", there are 50 others out there who are more worthy than yourself. This goes for everyone, in every situation.

Way to go, Jed, for bringing such a revolutionary, and unique gift to CEG.

Ray
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Upcoming JEDsContour Dollar Day Sales - 08/01/05 08:26 PM
With the go ahead from Jed:

The phrase was:

"Generosity to others", and I think that its the most basic, and well chosen reason for anything that he is doing. A true measure of any member, for the love of the platform, the enthusiast, and the continued success of CEG.

Nothing about "I need this the most", etc... I don't NEED anything. I have been blessed with a child, and a loving wife.. how much more could I REALLY need? For every "I need", there are 50 others out there who are more worthy than yourself. This goes for everyone, in every situation.

Way to go, Jed, for bringing such a revolutionary, and unique gift to CEG.

Ray

Exactly. I think too many people are trying to make this a competition for who "needs" the parts more.

I know if I got a part that I didn't need, I would not turn around and sell it. I would carry on with JEDs generosity and pass my uneeded parts to others.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Upcoming JEDsContour Dollar Day Sales - 08/01/05 08:47 PM
I could use that BAT kit, my springs/struts are on their last legs. My car already looks like its lowered, and its not!
Same here, a BAT kit woulld be incredible. my spring/strut setup is still stock and I got 126,000 miles on on my SVT. In addition to this I do not have the money to replace the parts as i just had to spend all money on hospital bills. (surgery on arm) The car is "dancing" all over the place and even DanG thought it looked too low to the ground for being stock.
© CEG Archives