Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
My Turbo Pics!!! Yes this is not a misprint, I am thrilled to finally get to post these for all my fellow contour lovers to see. This is about 5 months of planning and fab work. The turbo I'm running is a KKK K24 commonly found on porsche's and audi's . Everything you see has been hand made as this is a totally custom setup!!I will be adding the blow off valve and FMIC which I have shortly but seeing as how my main goal was to get it actually running it wasnt quite neccesary immediatley on the low boost levels I was running to test everything. I am on an a very tight budget since I have a sick mom and all my $$$ go to help them out. Cant wait for any feedback, not bad for an 18 year old with a GED huh?? Hope you guys love it!!
P.S. Please excuse the dirty motor but I had to get these pics up a.s.a.p. rather than waste time cleaning and shinning especially after all this work
good to see another pre 98 turbo setup! What are your hp goals with the kit? What are you doing for engine management? Is ADC helping you at all since you live in AZ?

u should get a heat shield for the intake filter.....i think.
you want a fiberglass hood, or pre98 svt front bumper to throw on that thing? same color. let me know im getting rid of my tour.

Glad to see someone has the skills and time to put into a 95. cant wait to see some numbers out of that thing!!
Must be nice. Treat it good!
Quote:

Start drooling!!

Intresting. Props for a custom setup.

Few questions though. Is that the oil drain up top? It appears to be a large tube, which makes me think its to big to be a feed line. Also what are your plans for routing piping to the fmic?

Good luck
Originally posted by ContourRacingChris:
u should get a heat shield for the intake filter.....i think.

that would be a huuuge heatshield
Seeing this really makes me wish I had forced induction. Gayh, it's a Mod Bug.. where's that can of Raid?
Nice work, I'd definatly give you good sleeper-ship status. Rock on with that
Id try and race you because of your huge cannon, and vinyl all over your car .

Id probably be shocked
Nice job!!! Can't wait to see the numbers!!
Originally posted by livinsvt:
Intresting. Props for a custom setup.

Few questions though. Is that the oil drain up top? It appears to be a large tube, which makes me think its to big to be a feed line.
Good luck

Nope it is not the oil drain it is the oil feed line which I tapped into my oil pressure sensor switch for that feed line, the drain is on the under side of the turbo.
Quote:

u should get a heat shield for that intake filter

I actually already made one shortly after these pics were first taken, I will try to get a pic of it up as well, and yes it is huge but you cant beat the way it sounds when you shift with that 9"K&N on there, I love scaring out the girls downtown
As far as engine managment goes i hope to get down to AZ Dyno Chip someday to help me pull out all the power I can get but money is very tight and I dont have that kind of budget right now But I would love to get it on the dyno and have it properly tuned.It does run quite well though, but I'm sure it could run better.
Ah ok, didn't think so, but do you have a restrictor in the line, getting any blue smoke out the exhaust?

I wouldn't drive it without some way to retard timing and add fuel. It will be certain disaster. Whats another $3-400 for a mail in ADC chip?
Originally posted by 99SESPORT:
Nice job!!!

Where's the bypass valve?
Where is the IAT sensor? My T-SVT used to run a bit hot on the 108+ days. I can only imagine with no intercooler and an SE radiator.
Props for the follow through man. A lot can talk but only a few deliver.
Originally posted by livinsvt:
Ah ok, didn't think so, but do you have a restrictor in the line, getting any blue smoke out the exhaust?

I wouldn't drive it without some way to retard timing and add fuel. It will be certain disaster. Whats another $3-400 for a mail in ADC chip?

Another $475 I believe it is for a custom turbo chip is.....well another $475 that I dont have I am not getting any blue smoke, the exhaust was smoking slighty originally but after a quick change of the oil drain line from 3/8" to 1/2" it is no longer backing up. The added fuel comes from a 255lph Walbro fuel pump and I hope to find some returnless injectors for cheap someday.
Quote:

Where is the bypass valve?

I am putting it on in the next couple of weeks because in the beginning it wasnt necessary on such low boost levels when I was first testing everything, I will post more pics as everything comes together.
Quote:

Where is the IAT sensor?

It is plugged in from underneath so you cant see it from the top pics, and yes the motor has been known to get a bit hot and it already worries me to think of running it down to Pheonix and then racing it on the track down there, we will see.
You at least need a blanket for that turbo and an SVT radiator. SVT rads can be found at car-part.com for about $90.
Ok it's underneath but is it before or after the turbo?
Doesn't look that much like a sleeper to me, nice job
© CEG Archives