Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Who dis is? - 05/12/05 02:00 AM
found there car for sale, my buddy wants it and i'm just curious if it's a CEG'er.

Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Who dis is? - 05/12/05 02:25 AM
Don't know whose it is, however, I will say it is quite an ugly SVT butt (if it is actually an SVT). The exhaust is done tacky and the refletor job should match the car.....but thats just me.....
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Who dis is? - 05/12/05 03:35 AM
i like it ..
Posted By: PacificTourG Re: Who dis is? - 05/12/05 04:04 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else think the car looks like a Dark Blue color?
Posted By: ymicz Re: Who dis is? - 05/12/05 04:07 AM
if definately looks dark blue, unless im on crack
Posted By: MLuko Re: Who dis is? - 05/12/05 04:10 AM
Originally posted by ymicz:

Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: Who dis is? - 05/12/05 04:28 AM
It isn't a SVT unless they removed the spoiler, and put in a third brake light as well.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Who dis is? - 05/12/05 04:31 AM
Originally posted by Matt R:
It isn't a SVT unless they removed the spoiler, and put in a third brake light as well.

why is that? many svts came without a spoiler and with a third brake light, mine being one of them

anyway, not bad except that the exhaust is hanging below the bumper
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Who dis is? - 05/12/05 04:31 AM

um...i dont know what your talking about ony 2000's came with the spoiler

Wesley
Posted By: ymicz Re: Who dis is? - 05/12/05 05:07 AM
Originally posted by 1FASTDAD:

Wesley

if it was a se turned into a SVT, they would have had to remove the spoiler and put a thried brake light in, because most se's dont have a third brake light, its in the spoiler.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Who dis is? - 05/12/05 05:34 AM
well, svts with a spoiler dont have a 3rd break light either, its also in the spoiler!
Posted By: Aspire Re: Who dis is? - 05/12/05 07:56 AM
I have the 2000 SVT without spoiler and has 3rd brake light, that is how the car was delivered.
Posted By: Stylin55_oh Re: Who dis is? - 05/12/05 01:08 PM
I have a 1998.5 SVT with no spoiler and 3rd brake light ... am i rare?
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: Who dis is? - 05/12/05 01:08 PM
Originally posted by stylin550:
I have a 1998.5 SVT with no spoiler and 3rd brake light ... am i rare?

no
Posted By: Tourgasm Re: Who dis is? - 05/12/05 01:15 PM
I've got a spoiler and a 3rd break light on my 98.5
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Who dis is? - 05/12/05 01:18 PM
Almost all early SVT's look exactly like the one pictured. Don't know where all you ppl with high post counts are getting this info from.
Posted By: Stylin55_oh Re: Who dis is? - 05/12/05 01:19 PM
fine then
Posted By: snakous Re: Who dis is? - 05/12/05 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Tour4reak:

it doesnt look dark blue, it IS dark blue. i believe alex ran a carfax and it is indeed an SVT.
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: Who dis is? - 05/12/05 01:55 PM
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Who dis is? - 05/12/05 01:58 PM
whore
Posted By: Stylin55_oh Re: Who dis is? - 05/12/05 02:00 PM
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: Who dis is? - 05/12/05 02:14 PM
She's a true CSVT, repainted they say a pearlblue,CFhood, if yougo to the EGL branch and go to my "CSVT?"thread there's a link to it on auto trader.
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: Who dis is? - 05/12/05 02:44 PM
Originally posted by pole120:
whore

werd
Posted By: NorMich99SE_dup1 Re: Who dis is? - 05/12/05 05:18 PM

Wesley

if it was a se turned into a SVT, they would have had to remove the spoiler and put a thried brake light in, because most se's dont have a third brake light, its in the spoiler.

Not quite true. Most SE's I see have no spoiler, at least on 98+. Many of them also have no sideskirts and drum brakes in the rear, even 98 and 99 models. We have a couple here in the dealership right now like that. Not jumpin down your throat, just tellin ya.
Posted By: tourifik Re: Who dis is? - 05/12/05 07:17 PM
Originally posted by NorMich99SE:

Wesley

Not quite true. Most SE's I see have no spoiler, at least on 98+. Many of them also have no sideskirts and drum brakes in the rear, even 98 and 99 models. We have a couple here in the dealership right now like that. Not jumpin down your throat, just tellin ya.

There are 5 SE's at my school, all with side skirts and spoilers. Every 98+ SE I have seen have had spoilers and side skirts, except my friend because he took them off.
Posted By: katabatic Re: Who dis is? - 05/12/05 07:54 PM
Originally posted by NorMich99SE:
Most SE's I see have no spoiler, at least on 98+. Many of them also have no sideskirts and drum brakes in the rear, even 98 and 99 models. We have a couple here in the dealership right now like that.

My '00 SE has the factory spoiler, but no sideskirts (they were 'decontented' earlier). Since mine is a V6 with a 5-speed, it has four-wheel discs (all the ATX's have rear drums, presumably because Ford thought that since they were slower than MTX's, they didn't need the extra stopping power (no, it doesn't make sense, but can you think of any other reason?)).
Posted By: Robsdaace Re: Who dis is? - 05/13/05 04:03 AM
mine came without a spoiler and a 3rd brake light (which is invisible in this pic).......

but then again.............
im a zetec
Posted By: Frosty Re: Who dis is? - 05/13/05 04:13 AM
Yeah, my 99 SE Zetec came with no spoiler or sideskirts, but has 3rd brake light and rear drums. It did come with the 8 spoke alloy wheels tho Those are now my winter rims...my car will soon have SE sideskirts and a trunklid with spoiler..as soon as i can get em painted
Posted By: Monstour Re: Who dis is? - 05/13/05 07:38 AM
even with sagging cans, i'd hit it
Posted By: Pope Re: Who dis is? - 05/13/05 08:42 AM
Originally posted by todras:
Almost all early SVT's look exactly like the one pictured. Don't know where all you ppl with high post counts are getting this info from.

Except in Silver, Black or Red... not blue
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Who dis is? - 05/13/05 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Pope:
Originally posted by todras:

Except in Silver, Black or Red... not blue

Posted By: garretto Re: Who dis is? - 05/15/05 05:46 AM
my SE has the third brake light, and not a spoiler...
Posted By: mbRentalEnvoy Re: Who dis is? - 05/15/05 03:27 PM
Why is this such a damn issue?!

SVT's had THREE options...

CD Player
Sunroof
Spoiler

Get over it
© CEG Archives