Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Goonz SVT PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 12/15/04 11:08 PM
My car is going into the shop tommorow for a window tinting job all around (except windsheild obviously) MA legal limit is 35% so I was wondering are there any pictures of contours with 35%tint. I want all the windows to be even, not the back be darker then the front ya know. Any suggestions are welcome and pictures as well, thanks!
Posted By: Pole120 Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 12/15/04 11:26 PM
quick search turned up this

he says in the post 35% all around
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 12/15/04 11:51 PM
thats doesnt look too bad, you really think its 35% he has??
Posted By: Pole120 Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 12/15/04 11:54 PM
looks like 35% to me
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 12/15/04 11:56 PM
Originally posted by pole120:
looks like 35% to me

niiice..think 35% will look tiight over black??
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 12/16/04 12:04 AM
Heres a perfect picture for what your looking for:

Posted By: Pole120 Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 12/16/04 12:07 AM

<-----makes apointment at tint shop
Posted By: HITMANinMI Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 12/16/04 12:40 AM
35% isnt dark enough, do you want people to see you and your girl messing around in the back seat, or worse yet have the cops see the two dozen stolen car stereos ?

35% on the front, 5% on the back.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 12/16/04 12:45 AM
if 5% were legal i'ld do it, but i'm not about to pay a $90 per window fine for having too dark of tint.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 12/16/04 12:48 AM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
Heres a perfect picture for what your looking for:

thats hott see the thing is that I want an even tint all the way around..not like dark in the back and light in the front, I think it looks more clean like that

Originally posted by HITMANinMI:
35% isnt dark enough, do you want people to see you and your girl messing around in the back seat, or worse yet have the cops see the two dozen stolen car stereos ?

I don't have a gf....yet
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 12/16/04 12:50 AM
BTW, thats not my car. . Just my role model. My car should be going in sometime next week for 35% all around.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 12/16/04 12:53 AM
BTW, thats not my car. . Just my role model. My car should be going in sometime next week for 35% all around.

sweetness dude, Its all gonna cost me $175 with a 2 year warranty.
Say hello to my sig!
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 12/16/04 01:29 AM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
Say hello to my sig!

hello sig!!
Posted By: Pole120 Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 12/16/04 01:29 AM
helo sig
<-----waves to "sig"
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 12/16/04 01:35 AM
Say hello to my sig!

The pictures you have in the begining with the stripedsvt, were you windows tinted then cause I can see the sun hitting it and I could see inside pretty clearly but the other pictures with the snow and all, looks pretty dark there.
Posted By: ElKy Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 12/16/04 01:38 AM
heres 20% front and 5% rear
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
Say hello to my sig!

The pictures you have in the begining with the stripedsvt, were you windows tinted then cause I can see the sun hitting it and I could see inside pretty clearly but the other pictures with the snow and all, looks pretty dark there.

The very fist three my windows are down, and the windshield is tinted.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 12/16/04 01:40 AM
Originally posted by ElKy:
heres 20% front and 5% rear

sooooo illegal elky!!! hahaha its all good
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 12/16/04 04:59 AM
Yea remember that many have tinted windshields, basically from a lot of tint experience.... if you have grey or tan interior you can get away with 20%, if you have dark, do 35. The color of interior makes a huge difference. A car with tan interior and 20 will look the same as blue and 35.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 12/16/04 05:22 AM
yea I was thinking the same, the dark interior will make the tint look nice and dark as well I guess, I'm brown too so double yea!!!

just curious ti when cops pull u over, how to they measure the tint percentage, thanks
Posted By: PimpJ95Pgt Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 12/16/04 05:29 AM
here is mine i have 35 on the sides and 20 on the back
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/silentj15/detail?.dir=53de&.dnm=4bdf.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/silentj15/detail?.dir=c0c6&.dnm=e053.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/silentj15/detail?.dir=c0c6&.dnm=659c.jpg&.src=ph

Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 12/16/04 05:32 AM
cool, doesn't look that dark in those pictures. damm 35% legal limit!!
Posted By: hrsepwrdrms Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 12/16/04 07:17 AM
mine is 35% front and 5% rear, i would go 35% all around the next time, but it is good for now. You can check my sig to see it. goodnight
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 12/16/04 02:01 PM
Quote:

just curious ti when cops pull u over, how to they measure the tint percentage, thanks

That is exactly my point. Another option is to go with titanium on the windshield. It darkens up the car, but the front does not look tinted. My friend has a car with limo all around, and 20% titanium on the front, and cops never notice his shield is tinted. Trust me, if you have a light interior you will be very disappointed with 35.
Posted By: ElKy Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 12/16/04 02:33 PM

some officers have a Tint meter in the cruiser.
there are two types, one piece ones they slip over the edge of the window.
and two-piece ones that they use for windows that can't roll down.
Posted By: 1usedsvt Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 12/16/04 02:38 PM
Yeah, they shine a light through the window, and on the other side it just measures the amout of light recieved.
Posted By: snowb159 Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 12/16/04 03:12 PM

Red X if I try to post as an image so click on link. Link

This is a little less than 35%, they didnt have exactly 35% when I went (Ziebart now Z-Tech). I cant remember the number off hand, maybe high 20's? It all depends on how clean your windows are and the angle of the picture. If your windows are clean, at least the outside, the tint looks darker on my car.
Originally posted by {Kontofosho}:
Quote:

That is exactly my point. Another option is to go with titanium on the windshield. It darkens up the car, but the front does not look tinted. My friend has a car with limo all around, and 20% titanium on the front, and cops never notice his shield is tinted. Trust me, if you have a light interior you will be very disappointed with 35.

I'm not very dissapointed with my 35%. In fact not at all. I haven't had to deal with all the police issues as many others have.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 12/16/04 09:01 PM
well I got my windows tinted today, I'll have pictures next week once my dad brings back my digi cam but yea, I got 35 in the front, and 20 in the back, it looks awesome!! I'm very happy. Now I cant put my windows down for 2 weeks I'm happy though
Posted By: aznkid922 Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 12/17/04 01:49 AM
Posted By: m!key Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 12/17/04 03:32 AM
Now I cant put my windows down for 2 weeks I'm happy though

2 weeks? try 3 days maybe.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 12/17/04 05:40 AM
Originally posted by mikey boy:
Now I cant put my windows down for 2 weeks I'm happy though

2 weeks? try 3 days maybe.

yea well its winter right now and I was also told to leave the car out under the sun as much as I can. Its cold out though but I hafta finish putting in the stupid links and bushings first that is not going so well
Originally posted by HITMANinMI:

HELL yeah I do, People can see what im getting and their not.
Posted By: CeeBee94Z Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 01/05/05 06:18 AM
I am looking to get my CSVT tinted in the very near future too. I am debating whether I should get 35% or 15%, those are the two that our local tint shop offers. What really sucks in NY though is that technically another darker than factory tint is illegal, but I don't want to get it done and widh I went darker too.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 01/05/05 08:41 AM
Originally posted by CeeBee94Z:
I am looking to get my CSVT tinted in the very near future too. I am debating whether I should get 35% or 15%, those are the two that our local tint shop offers. What really sucks in NY though is that technically another darker than factory tint is illegal, but I don't want to get it done and widh I went darker too.

here is mine

35% in the front
20% in the back

Here in MA the legal limit is 35%..I do kinda regret getting the 35% though now that i look at it..a lot of people here have 20% all the way around..20% is what I believe ideal for my black svt, I'll prolly get it changed someother time..we'll see
Posted By: Quick_SVT Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 01/05/05 12:43 PM
Mismatched percentages kinda looks half assed to me, I went with 20% all around.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 01/05/05 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Quick_SVT:
Mismatched percentages kinda looks half assed to me, I went with 20% all around.

yea I'll change mine as soon as I get some cash
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 01/05/05 07:21 PM
20% all around... (when combined with factory tint it is actually only 14%, but anywho... (Clicky the picky for a fullscreen)

Originally posted by pole120:
quick search turned up this

he says in the post 35% all around

Hey, that's my car =) Looks a lil dif now.

It has lighter tint in the front now due to stupid laws.
Posted By: shysta3369 Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 01/07/05 09:03 PM
i have 35% on my stique' and i'm going darker. there is NO tinting legal in PA but i'm doint it anyway since they seem not to really care unless u'r doin stupid S***. i would say 20% is a better choice, if you get an executive series it has a shine to it, but it also a little easier to see through during the day. but if you do with 35% then get a smoke tint
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 01/07/05 10:25 PM
Originally posted by shysta3369:
i have 35% on my stique' and i'm going darker. there is NO tinting legal in PA but i'm doint it anyway since they seem not to really care unless u'r doin stupid S***. i would say 20% is a better choice, if you get an executive series it has a shine to it, but it also a little easier to see through during the day. but if you do with 35% then get a smoke tint

yea I agree with you, I'm gonna be changing my front ones as well..my fronts are 35% and rears 20%. The 35% really isn't that bad because my car is black with mid-night blue interior so it is kinda dark in there. I'm definetly going 20% soon....when I get money
Posted By: garretto Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 02/15/05 06:45 PM
yeah i guess im one of those stupid people that make window tinting illegal... i did 2.5% all around. its not bad during the day, but at night, its daaarrrk from the inside looking out. the law here in oklahoma is 25%...just wasnt dark enough for me
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 02/15/05 06:54 PM
Originally posted by garretto:
yeah i guess im one of those stupid people that make window tinting illegal... i did 2.5% all around. its not bad during the day, but at night, its daaarrrk from the inside looking out. the law here in oklahoma is 25%...just wasnt dark enough for me

backin out sucks at night, its soo dark..jeez
Posted By: CoolSVT_dup1 Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 02/15/05 06:58 PM
not only backin out, it's hard to parrallel with that kind of tint. can't see the curb
I've got 35% on the front and 20% on the rear.

You got a dealer plate!

I cruised around for a month with an Iowa dealer plate in the back window of my 84 Monte SS.
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 02/16/05 01:05 AM
That's a NICE purple you got there!
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 02/16/05 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Quick_SVT:

yea I'll change mine as soon as I get some cash

I wouldn't say half-assed, but it just doesn't look right, IMO. If I were in your situation, Goonz, I woulda gone 35% all around and called it good.
I had 20% on my SVT and loved it, but it was kinda dark at night.

I'm going to stay legal with the xB - 43% up front, no limit on the back. I going to try and match the front 2 with the already darkened back windows.
Posted By: JB1 Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 02/16/05 03:01 AM

my chance to whore. this is 32% in front and 6% in the rear. i would go darker in front if i could get away with it. the front looks a little darker than it really is because of the angle.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 02/16/05 03:15 AM
wow, thats one shiney green svt my friend
Posted By: 00svtconto Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 02/16/05 03:51 AM
i rock 5% all the way around and have never had a problem. cops have been sitting right next to me... at night. and ive never gotten pulled over.
Posted By: RedRyder Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 02/16/05 04:08 PM

Thanks for the props !! I was suprised to see a pic of my car on this post! I have always stuck with 35%. Easy to see out of at night, and the cops have yet to pull me over.

On my contour I have also added a 4" 35% tint on the top of the windshield as well.

The key for me is to make sure you remove the 3rd brake light before you have them tinted.....the cutout looks ghay !
Originally posted by Cris'pus:
That's a NICE purple you got there!

Thanks, my friends give me a hard time about it but girls seem to like it
I had the dealer plate because my salesman was really cool and actually let me test drive it myself and then drive it ~25 miles home so my mechanic could check it out.
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: PIC Request! 35% Tint Anyone???? - 02/19/05 05:27 AM

35% for ya
© CEG Archives