Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Zoomin 3L Lowerd M6 to NONE Lowered M6... - 10/03/04 06:23 PM
Lowered

NOT lowered

Somes Pics it dosen't look like that big of a difference, some it does.....
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: Lowerd M6 to NONE Lowered M6... - 10/03/04 06:26 PM
It looks like a strectched out RX8 without the extra factory moldings. The wheels really don't go with the car either. No sir, I don't like it.
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: Lowerd M6 to NONE Lowered M6... - 10/03/04 06:48 PM
very hot, I love it....

BTW, the E1's you sold me really are treating me well, on come occasions I have been asked if ole' conty is an SVT. Man, those tires just grip like crazy though.
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Lowerd M6 to NONE Lowered M6... - 10/03/04 07:46 PM
Car looks good, i think you should have went with bigger wheels tho. The blue looks great with the dark wheels.

Aaron
Posted By: Zoomin 3L Re: Lowerd M6 to NONE Lowered M6... - 10/03/04 08:05 PM
Ya i wanted 18's but i could pass up 4 17" bran new rims for 250 bucks.

Oh ya and aliasjerk.. I'm glad you like the rims... you better since you pratically STOLE them from me
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: Lowerd M6 to NONE Lowered M6... - 10/03/04 08:29 PM
So it's lowered now? I'm cornfused...

I like your wheels. But the brake caliper Red throws is all off. Try a different colour, maybe body colour or gunmetal like the wheel. Too that red centrecap. Just some healthy .02
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: Lowerd M6 to NONE Lowered M6... - 10/03/04 09:23 PM
yeah, I know, I really appreciate it for that... but you Cleaned me out (stupid low paying jobs). When people ask me what I payed for those wheels, they just dont believe the deal I got. "Wow, the guy you bought them from must have been the coolest ever"

not lowered (lol)
Posted By: Jeb Hoge_dup1 Re: Lowerd M6 to NONE Lowered M6... - 10/03/04 10:53 PM
Originally posted by JonnySVT:
It looks like a strectched out RX8 without the extra factory moldings. The wheels really don't go with the car either. No sir, I don't like it.

Me neither. Something about the color combo and the thin sidewalls exaggerates the wheel wells.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Lowerd M6 to NONE Lowered M6... - 10/03/04 11:49 PM
That is HOT!!!
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Lowerd M6 to NONE Lowered M6... - 10/03/04 11:52 PM
Looks Great Mang
Posted By: incubusjunkie614 Re: Lowerd M6 to NONE Lowered M6... - 10/04/04 02:30 AM
looks very nice......should have gotten the factory body kit though.....then it would be hella nice!
Posted By: sigma Re: Lowerd M6 to NONE Lowered M6... - 10/04/04 04:24 AM
Here's my comparison:

Stock:

Lowered (1.3/1.4) with Stock 50-series tires:

Lowered with 18" wheels and 35-series tires:

Posted By: IonNinja Re: Lowerd M6 to NONE Lowered M6... - 10/04/04 04:28 AM
Originally posted by sigma:
Here's my comparison:
Lowered with 18" wheels and 35-series tires:

you have my favorite wheels at the moment!

not to bite your style or anything but...what brand/wheel?

actually nevermind I see in your sig but more importantly..where can I get those?!? they might be on my list in the future.
Posted By: sigma Re: Lowerd M6 to NONE Lowered M6... - 10/04/04 04:33 AM
They're knock-offs from a Volk Racing wheel. The centercap actually says "Volkner Racing". Numerous companies sell them under various names. I think the easiest name to find them under is "Exel Radius." I bought mine under the style name "Formula Mesh" with no brand name. You can get them in Silver, Gunmetal, or Hyper Black.

I paid $1000 shipped with tires from Importhookup.com. WheelMax sells the Exel Radius for about the same price.
Posted By: hrsepwrdrms Re: Lowerd M6 to NONE Lowered M6... - 10/04/04 04:44 AM
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: Lowerd M6 to NONE Lowered M6... - 10/04/04 07:22 AM
Sigma, that is the sexiest 6 I have ever seen. NICE!!
Posted By: Lee_dup2 Re: Lowerd M6 to NONE Lowered M6... - 10/05/04 03:14 AM
Mine looks alot like stock. Well because it is...
Good looking job on both. I like the white better. Mainly because of the front bumper looks better with the lowered car to me. Anybody have some 17s they want to get rid of cheap?
Posted By: Fmr12B_dup1 Re: Lowerd M6 to NONE Lowered M6... - 10/05/04 03:31 AM
Zoomin your car looks horrible, those wheels along with the red calipers is straight trash!

And sigma, going from a 50 series tire to a 35 series to save money on the package from import hookup was not a wise decision. You should have went with 40 or 45 series tire.

I'm sure your speedo is a good ways off too
Posted By: sigma Re: Lowerd M6 to NONE Lowered M6... - 10/05/04 04:24 AM
Quote:

And sigma, going from a 50 series tire to a 35 series to save money on the package from import hookup was not a wise decision. You should have went with 40 or 45 series tire.

You're preachin' to the choir. Ride really isn't bad at all in fact at highway speed I think ride has improved sligthly and road noise is exponentially better than the crappy stock tires. It's when you hit sharp-edged bumps that your teeth hurt.

The downside is that I've dented the [censored] out of the wheels (not noticeable unless you run your fingers on the rim). Easily reparable, but it'll cost half a set of 225/40 Toyos just to repair all the wheels. Ah well, we all gotta make mistakes every once in a while. One of these days I'll buy a set of Toyos in 40-series.

Quote:

I'm sure your speedo is a good ways off too

~6%. I just subtract 5mph from whatever speed I'm cruising at. Gearing is much improved though and each tire/wheel is some 8lbs lighter than stock.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Lowerd M6 to NONE Lowered M6... - 10/05/04 06:48 AM
I've seen them around before...well the different styles anyone but there is only one style that actually looks good...which is what you have.

I'm not sure if they look good in anything smaller than 18's though...anyway, nice ride.
© CEG Archives