Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Ike_dup1 Traction Control Light - 05/08/06 11:34 PM
When I start my car in the morning, my traction control light comes on for about 5 minutes, then it disappears. Then about five minutes later, it comes back on for five minutes, then disappears for five. Basically, this goes on all day.

Not to mention, I'm noticing a smaller/fainter moosing sound that increases with rpms. Now, it's not the LOUD moosing sound you get when you start the car in the morning and the engine is cold. I'd say it's about half as loud, but definitely sounds the same. I also hear it when I downshift, obviously because the rpms spike up around 3,000 rpms for each gear I'm downshifting through. It seems to be coming from either somewhere in the CAI or the TB.

So, traction control light comes and goes all day long,
and I'm hearing a fainter moosing sound when the car is warm.

Anybody ever heard of this problem before?
Posted By: Ike_dup1 Re: Traction Control Light - 05/09/06 04:37 AM
Anybody at all?
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Traction Control Light - 05/09/06 05:27 AM
TC don't know bout that one.

Moosing could be your TOB. Since it only happens on downshift.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Traction Control Light - 05/09/06 12:07 PM
problems with the tc/abs light I have found are hard to track down, I think it is most likely something to do with the wiring and or the sensors

what is the abs light doing when teh tc light is on?
Posted By: Ike_dup1 Re: Traction Control Light - 05/09/06 12:57 PM
The abs light has never come on.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Traction Control Light - 05/09/06 01:11 PM
wait a minute, you have traction control on your SVT
Posted By: Ike_dup1 Re: Traction Control Light - 05/14/06 05:18 AM
It's the orange light on the left side of the dashboard that has a vertical rectangle with something that looks like a 4-blade fan in the middle.

Now, the first time it ever lit up I looked in the owners manual and it looked like it was labeled the "traction control" light. However, I have since misplaced the manual, and therefore have no way of double checking to make sure I read the manual's diagram properly. But I believe that IS what it said.
Posted By: ymicz Re: Traction Control Light - 05/14/06 06:11 AM
Originally posted by Ike:
It's the orange light on the left side of the dashboard that has a vertical rectangle with something that looks like a 4-blade fan in the middle.

Now, the first time it ever lit up I looked in the owners manual and it looked like it was labeled the "traction control" light. However, I have since misplaced the manual, and therefore have no way of double checking to make sure I read the manual's diagram properly. But I believe that IS what it said.

That sir is the coolant light, the traction control light is orange letters that say TRACTION CONTROL, and if you do infact have TCS you would have a button with a little spinning wheel next to your defroster button. The button disables TCS and when TCS is active (trying to stop your wheels from spinning) it blinks the TCS light.

*edit* just took this pic:

Posted By: Tony2005 Re: Low coolant light - 05/14/06 05:57 PM
Add coolant half inch above max and you should be good to go.
Posted By: Ike_dup1 Re: Low coolant light - 05/14/06 10:01 PM
Ah hah! Thank you sir!
Posted By: WhiteTour96 Re: Low coolant light - 05/15/06 03:41 AM
Brapple, if you think TC is bad on an SVT how about a Zetec. Mine has it, I have no idea what they were thinking putting traction control in a ~3000lb FWD car with a 120hp I-4. It's absolutely useless in the snow when it's triggered the car just doesn't even wanna move. Ok I'm done complaining.
Posted By: SVT3Rivieres Re: Low coolant light - 05/15/06 10:23 PM
the point is that SVT dont have TC
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Low coolant light - 05/15/06 10:42 PM
Originally posted by WhiteTour96:
Brapple, if you think TC is bad on an SVT how about a Zetec. Mine has it, I have no idea what they were thinking putting traction control in a ~3000lb FWD car with a 120hp I-4. It's absolutely useless in the snow when it's triggered the car just doesn't even wanna move. Ok I'm done complaining.

yes my point was that there is only like one SVT that is known of that has traction control

I ahve it on my zetec and in the pre98 it is mechanical system. if it comes on you just push the gas pedal back down and it will take the slack up, it is predicable and works great, not sure how it works in a post 98, I believe it cut the ignition and uses the brakes, where the pre98 modulates the throttle and uses the brakes

get some snow tires and you will be better off to boot
© CEG Archives