Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: FastCougar Raffle: MTX-75 w/Quaife LSD Installed! - 07/30/02 04:31 AM
As the title states, NECO is sponsoring a raffle of an MTX-75 with a Quiafe LSD installed. Tickets are only $10!!! This raffle is open to all MTX-75 cars: Contour/Mystique/Mondeo, Cougar and Focus. The tranny will be aquired based on the winner's configuration, so I4's need not worry smile

Click Here and then click the alert text at the top of the page.
Posted By: Whitey Re: Raffle: MTX-75 w/Quaife LSD Installed! - 07/30/02 01:32 PM
I am in and I better win!!! laugh
Posted By: bnoon Re: Raffle: MTX-75 w/Quaife LSD Installed! - 07/30/02 03:06 PM
I'm going to win me a Quaife! Wahooooooooo!!! laugh
Posted By: Ray Re: Raffle: MTX-75 w/Quaife LSD Installed! - 07/30/02 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by FastCougar:
As the title states, NECO is sponsoring a raffle of an MTX-75 with a Quiafe LSD installed. Tickets are only $10!!!
Installed? Labor for removal of current tranny, and labor for installation is included?

If so, I am in as many times as I can... lol

Ray
Quote:
Originally posted by Ray:
Quote:
Originally posted by FastCougar:
[b]As the title states, NECO is sponsoring a raffle of an MTX-75 with a Quiafe LSD installed. Tickets are only $10!!!
Installed? Labor for removal of current tranny, and labor for installation is included?

If so, I am in as many times as I can... lol

Ray[/b]
Off the link that he told us to go to......The Winner will need to pay actual shipping charges. Installation is available at the Leo Capaldi Racing shop in Michigan at a cost of $300. If you wish to "Swap" transmissions (ATX to MTX), arangements can be made for an additional fee (only applies to 99+ Cougar, Contour, Mystique).
Posted By: Lee Re: Raffle: MTX-75 w/Quaife LSD Installed! - 07/30/02 03:55 PM
I'm in like Flinn!
As anyone who has pulled the tranny to install the Quaife can tell you, the pulling and installing of the tranny is the quick part. The labor intensive part is installing the LSD as it requires much more precision. The "install" that I refer to is the installation of the LSD into the factory new MTX-75. The setup is ready to install into your car. For an additional $300, installation can be arranged if you wish to drive to Michigan to have the tranny installed. Also, 99+ Contour/Cougar V6 owners will have an option to do a "swap" from ATX to MTX for an additional amount (still waiting on a hard figure from installer).
Posted By: SVTMike Re: Raffle: MTX-75 w/Quaife LSD Installed! - 07/30/02 04:03 PM
*twitch* I cant pass up a raffel. laugh
Posted By: Rara Re: Raffle: MTX-75 w/Quaife LSD Installed! - 07/30/02 05:29 PM
Trevor,
Edit - n/m

oh, and fwiw, I bought 2 tickets laugh
How do you do an ATX to MTX swap ?

What about the PCM ?
That has to be swapped also.
Quote:
Originally posted by RoadRunner:
How do you do an ATX to MTX swap ?

What about the PCM ?
That has to be swapped also.
It can and has been done to two Cougars. Craig Capaldi, Leo's son has done this for a NECO member and has documented the process and is assymbling a parts list. Craig is the one that will be doing the swap and the engine install if you so choose ... more information to follow.
$300 to drop a tranny and install a new one ain't bad!
Posted By: Ray Re: Raffle: MTX-75 w/Quaife LSD Installed! - 07/30/02 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by TheGreatOne:
$300 to drop a tranny and install a new one ain't bad!
Well.. that [i]is[i/] if you can afford to drive to Michigan, to have it installed, else you would have to get it shipped to you, and pay whatever rates are around you....

Ray
Posted By: Tim O. Re: Raffle: MTX-75 w/Quaife LSD Installed! - 07/31/02 03:13 PM
Well, I just increased someone else's chances - I bought a ticket. laugh

Tim
'00 SVT
Only 90 tickets left ... added the ability to see who got assigned what ticket number as well ... check it out!
Down to 43 tickets ... get in while you can and good luck!
Posted By: ToBeHuman Re: Raffle: MTX-75 w/Quaife LSD Installed! - 08/02/02 01:41 AM
I got number 256! That sounds like a lucky number.
Posted By: fast80svt Re: Raffle: MTX-75 w/Quaife LSD Installed! - 08/02/02 04:08 AM
Let's Go #199!!!
Posted By: bkent Re: Raffle: MTX-75 w/Quaife LSD Installed! - 08/02/02 01:15 PM
I bought 2. When I win (I'm winning smile ) How do you get in contact with the winner? I ask cause I just bought a house and am moving on the 26. I also shouldn't be spending money on raffles as my house will drain my wallet, but this is too tempting laugh
Thing thing might end today ... 27 left!!!

As for contacting the winner ... I will be using their PayPal email address to contact them wink
22 left ... this just may be wrapped up by tonight ... good luck regardless and thanks for the support!

On a related note, I will be traveling to Canada in 2 weeks to attend the MOSPORT race where Leo will be competing. This is where I will present Leo with a cashier's check for the amount the raffle has raised (minus hotel and travel expenses for Friday's trip up and stay in Niagara Falls). I will then enjoy watching him qualify for the race on Saturday and hopefully finishing in the top 10 smile
Posted By: ToBeHuman Re: Raffle: MTX-75 w/Quaife LSD Installed! - 08/02/02 11:27 PM
I didn't win the LSD. frown Who's Damien Crane? He won. Is he from CEG? Hopefully a CDW27er won it and not a Foci person. smile Hehehe...
Posted By: fast80svt Re: Raffle: MTX-75 w/Quaife LSD Installed! - 08/03/02 12:13 AM
Man! I just missed it by one. Oh well . . .
You will all be glad to find out the Damien owns a 2000 Contour SVT!!!
© CEG Archives