Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: perry Sign up for the Announcement Mailing list! - 07/25/02 10:10 PM
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ceg-announce/

After the T1 at Matt's house is disconnected, we won't be able to post updates concerning the site. So I created a mailing list on Yahoo Groups. It's a "newsletter" type list, so there won't be any general chit-chat type stuff (that's what the main list at www.coldair.org is for).

There will definitely be an announcement when the site goes live again, and probably stuff along the way.
Posted By: perry Re: Sign up for the Announcement Mailing list! - 07/26/02 12:08 AM
shocked
Posted By: LoCo Re: Sign up for the Announcement Mailing list! - 07/26/02 05:44 AM
Thanks.
Posted By: perry Re: Sign up for the Announcement Mailing list! - 07/26/02 11:44 AM
Only 35 people signed up so far...
Posted By: bnoon Re: Sign up for the Announcement Mailing list! - 07/26/02 01:46 PM
I'm there dude...
signed up
Thanks Perry. smile
I'm in
Any guess as to when the site is being shut off and/or the length of the downtime?
Kool just did it.
I joined and we have a chat area! Someone come join me!

-Andy
I'm representing all 35 or so NE-CEGers. I'll relay the message to them.
I joined. Looks like there are 61 members now.
Posted By: perry Re: Sign up for the Announcement Mailing list! - 07/27/02 12:52 AM
Make sure you sign up, be the first on the block to know! You're only cool if you sign up! Come on man, everyone's doing it!
Quote:
Originally posted by SweetVT:
Any guess as to when the site is being shut off and/or the length of the downtime?
The site will definitely be shut off by the 31st. It could happen anytime between now and then, we just don't know. It all depends on when Matt's company pulls the plug...he job ends at the end of the month.

As for length of time down, it's all going to depend on the work that needs to be done on the server. But it shouldn't be down for more than a couple weeks. It will take that long to get the dsl all set up at Andy's anyhow. It's all for the best though, so that the sever doesn't have any problems once it is moved. Work done now = less down time later.
I would join, but I can't remember my dang Yahoo password! frown
i'm in!
Posted By: 98 SE Re: Sign up for the Announcement Mailing list! - 07/27/02 01:46 AM
Yeah, I'm in!
I'm in. I should've just set up a cron job that pings www.contour.org every 15 minutes. that way I would be first on the block to know anyway :p but I'm lazy, so I signed up and let Perry do the pinging wink
Posted By: Moe Re: Sign up for the Announcement Mailing list! - 07/27/02 10:21 AM
done wink
Done.....
mstang70@comcast.net No yahoo account.
Quote:
Originally posted by perry:
Make sure you sign up, be the first on the block to know! You're only cool if you sign up! Come on man, everyone's doing it!
The peer pressure is killing me.LOL
Just signed up, 86 people before me.
Quote:
Originally posted by perry:
Now I have to un-signup, as I'm not cool wink

TB
I can't remember any of my sign-in info, I haven't used yahoo in 4 years, hence, I cannot remember the zip code from when I signed up.

Anyway, can I be added to an e-mail list with dridge11@hotmail.com???
Posted By: perry Re: Sign up for the Announcement Mailing list! - 07/27/02 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dandridge:
Anyway, can I be added to an e-mail list with dridge11@hotmail.com???
I added you to the list. You should get some sort of Welcome email.
Signed up.

Thanks Lunchbox
Posted By: SMcD Re: Sign up for the Announcement Mailing list! - 07/27/02 10:44 PM
I'm in, but they call me "smcd59" over there.
My real nickname is "Tripod" wink
We (Rach and I) are in!
Posted By: 1314 Re: Sign up for the Announcement Mailing list! - 07/28/02 06:31 AM
I signed up on Thursday as soon as i saw the post. I received the Welcome message, but haven't received anything else yet. Have any messages been sent out yet, or am i not getting them?
Posted By: perry Re: Sign up for the Announcement Mailing list! - 07/28/02 06:34 AM
No messages have been sent out. I won't send anything until after, at the very earliest, the site goes down, but maybe not until we go live again.
© CEG Archives