Contour Enthusiasts Group CEG

Modifications >> Forced Induction

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
stocksvtcontour
CEG'er

Reged: 11/15/05
Posts: 217
Loc: warren mi
nitrous
#1293150 - 08/03/06 08:31 PM

what is difference between link and link
I am still researching a lot more before I buy, but always looking out for a better deal. I just wanted to know if it is possible for me to use the first kit easily as the second.
thanks
joe

--------------------
2000 svt contour
1996 oldsmobile eighty-eight


Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
posthuman63t
Hard-core CEG'er

Reged: 07/27/04
Posts: 1746
Loc: Wisconsin
Re: nitrous new
#1293183 (Re: stocksvtcontour) 08/03/06 09:17 PM

Then dif. is one is for an RSX and one is for the contour. Venom makes their kits to be model specific. I don't know what exactly is different, but I'd suspect maybe line lengths/install directions/etc to be dif. I have no idea for sure, send an email to venom and ask them the specs on each kit and what exactly is dif.

--------------------
2000 Contour SVT
SF - #542 of 2150

Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Tourige
Hard-core CEG'er

Reged: 05/25/04
Posts: 3637
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Re: nitrous new
#1293193 (Re: posthuman63t) 08/03/06 09:39 PM

Originally posted by posthuman63t:
Then dif. is one is for an RSX and one is for the contour. Venom makes their kits to be model specific. I don't know what exactly is different, but I'd suspect maybe line lengths/install directions/etc to be dif. I have no idea for sure, send an email to venom and ask them the specs on each kit and what exactly is dif.




Yea shoot Venom an e-mail.

--------------------
99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760
230.2 WHP @ 6500
237.0 WTR @ 2250

Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.




much like your weiner.




Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
evocontour
CEG'er

Reged: 04/04/05
Posts: 179
Loc: Cortland, NY
Re: nitrous new
#1295137 (Re: Tourige) 08/07/06 01:22 PM

Most of it has to do with the computer box that comes with it. If that box wasn't hooked up or operating properly it would just be spraying nitrous only. They are VERY model specific.
HENRY

--------------------
95 Contour, Custom EVO bodykit, 2.0l, PNP Focus head, Stage 2 cams, Je pistons, Eagle rods, 4in1header, 2.5" header back exhaust(complete stainless), D P nitrous, ram air intake, 10mm wires, flamethrower.

Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
TRicker
CEG'er

Reged: 06/25/06
Posts: 227
Loc: Center City, MN
Re: nitrous new
#1295538 (Re: evocontour) 08/07/06 09:41 PM

NX......all i gota say is NX

venom is considered GOOD but like these guys say, they are not quite so universal as a NX kit. plus NX is proven the highest flowing-least surging system there currently is. it's just da best baby!

plus they have a ford EFI kit that has every fitting you need, minus maybe a 90 for your fuel line, and a fuel press. guage if you want one.

--------------------
1998 CSVT
NX stage 1 ford EFI kit
MSD dis-4
B&M short throw
K&N short ram intake
Fsvt Euro 17's
Trubendz 2.5" exhaust
Spec stage 3

249.9 HP 258.2 TRQ clutch slipping the whole time

Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Tourige
Hard-core CEG'er

Reged: 05/25/04
Posts: 3637
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Re: nitrous new
#1295553 (Re: TRicker) 08/07/06 10:09 PM

Originally posted by TRicker:
NX......all i gota say is NX

venom is considered GOOD but like these guys say, they are not quite so universal as a NX kit. plus NX is proven the highest flowing-least surging system there currently is. it's just da best baby!

plus they have a ford EFI kit that has every fitting you need, minus maybe a 90 for your fuel line, and a fuel press. guage if you want one.




not everyone likes solenoids sitting everywhere. and wires going everywhere.


--------------------
99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760
230.2 WHP @ 6500
237.0 WTR @ 2250

Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.




much like your weiner.




Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
TRicker
CEG'er

Reged: 06/25/06
Posts: 227
Loc: Center City, MN
Re: nitrous new
#1295610 (Re: Tourige) 08/07/06 11:34 PM

2 black wire looms and 4 braided lines, and billet aluminum solenoids. it looks sweet.

but apparently, not everyone wants to go fast. some just want to put new motors in there cars by using kits that have proven failure. to each his own. i just dont understand why anybody would want a kit that puts down about 70% of the claimed HP when NX gives more than the claimed, without oversizing the jets or surging or puddling.

--------------------
1998 CSVT
NX stage 1 ford EFI kit
MSD dis-4
B&M short throw
K&N short ram intake
Fsvt Euro 17's
Trubendz 2.5" exhaust
Spec stage 3

249.9 HP 258.2 TRQ clutch slipping the whole time

Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Tourige
Hard-core CEG'er

Reged: 05/25/04
Posts: 3637
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Re: nitrous new
#1295654 (Re: TRicker) 08/08/06 12:55 AM

Originally posted by TRicker:
2 black wire looms and 4 braided lines, and billet aluminum solenoids. it looks sweet.

but apparently, not everyone wants to go fast. some just want to put new motors in there cars by using kits that have proven failure. to each his own. i just dont understand why anybody would want a kit that puts down about 70% of the claimed HP when NX gives more than the claimed, without oversizing the jets or surging or puddling.




Cause you know everyone on here who has had a Venom kit has blown an engine

Same with the Zex kits.. Actually i bet more people prefer the Zex and Venom kits over the NX kits.

can you please explain to me why the Venom/Zex kits put down 70% of said HP and NX puts down 100%, id love to know why.

And puddling can happen on any kit, it all depends on the nozzle placement and how clean the nozzle is.



--------------------
99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760
230.2 WHP @ 6500
237.0 WTR @ 2250

Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.




much like your weiner.




Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
TRicker
CEG'er

Reged: 06/25/06
Posts: 227
Loc: Center City, MN
Re: nitrous new
#1295658 (Re: Tourige) 08/08/06 01:00 AM

lol. howabout this. we both get on a dyno, and put in say, a 100 shot jet. take a pull N/A, and a pull on the bottle. i'l put down over 100 extra HP, you'll put down a measly 65, or 70 if your lucky. its been proven. ESPECIALLY with the standard solenoid NOS brand kits. it's 15 year old technology they dont upgrade anything they just keep selling the kits! NX always has new solenoids coming out and the shark nozzle is claimed to be the best nozzle you can buy for a fogger system. sorry to make it sound like all venom kits are bad but i have witnessed more than 1 car detonate on a ZEX kit. ps. fill the bottle up, and bring it.

--------------------
1998 CSVT
NX stage 1 ford EFI kit
MSD dis-4
B&M short throw
K&N short ram intake
Fsvt Euro 17's
Trubendz 2.5" exhaust
Spec stage 3

249.9 HP 258.2 TRQ clutch slipping the whole time

Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
posthuman63t
Hard-core CEG'er

Reged: 07/27/04
Posts: 1746
Loc: Wisconsin
Re: nitrous new
#1295683 (Re: TRicker) 08/08/06 01:39 AM

Originally posted by TRicker:
lol. howabout this. we both get on a dyno, and put in say, a 100 shot jet. take a pull N/A, and a pull on the bottle. i'l put down over 100 extra HP, you'll put down a measly 65, or 70 if your lucky. its been proven. ESPECIALLY with the standard solenoid NOS brand kits. it's 15 year old technology they dont upgrade anything they just keep selling the kits! NX always has new solenoids coming out and the shark nozzle is claimed to be the best nozzle you can buy for a fogger system. sorry to make it sound like all venom kits are bad but i have witnessed more than 1 car detonate on a ZEX kit. ps. fill the bottle up, and bring it.




You really have to lose the attitude. No one is being a jerk to you, so don't overlook others knowledge they like don't knwo squat. This is the second post I've seen with you trying to instigate something. If you want to say something informative about YOUR experiences then do so, but don't throw out opinions as facts without some sort of proof.

I'd like to add, any Nitrous system is as safe as the next as long as it is installed properly and running a safe shot of nitrous. It's just that some kits have included more safety measures than others, and some are a cleaner/more easy install than others.

--------------------
2000 Contour SVT
SF - #542 of 2150

Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)


Extra information
0 registered and 16 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Thread

Permissions
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7887

Jump to

Contact Us Contour.org

*
UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Generated in 0.015 seconds in which 0.009 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Copyright 1999-2005 Lance Kinley

CEG and contour.org are not affiliated with nor endorsed by Ford Motor Company