Contour Enthusiasts Group CEG

General >> Troubleshooting

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
JonnySVT
Hard-core CEG'er

Reged: 04/17/03
Loc: CA
Re: horrible engine noise new
#696513 (Re: Roz 1999 SVT-C) 08/27/04 12:40 AM

Sorry for coming off as an ass, it's hard to express emotion on a messageboard, but I was just responding quickly and what was on my mind at the time. As Roz says, it is a common problem with the 2.5 Duratec motor.

--------------------
99 SVTC, T-Red, #652/2760-12.8.1998

Mother#@%@!* did I sound abstract?
I hope it sounded more confusin than that!

Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Hodge Podge
CEG'er

Reged: 09/07/03
Loc: Ohio
#696514 (Re: JonnySVT) 08/27/04 12:44 AM

you have a good point though, i should not even turn the pos on...i jus didnt know how else i was gonna get around....im not gonna be driving anymore at all...is this something that can be fixed? or is it "gone". you said 3 lit conversion...i dono much about this but i have seen them for like 2500+...and thats jus outta the question..sok jonny, i deserved that one i think

--------------------
Slow ass svt

Roz 1999 SVT-C
Hard-core CEG'er

Reged: 11/13/02
Loc: San jose, Ca
#696517 (Re: Hodge Podge) 08/27/04 12:47 AM

Originally posted by Kevin Hodges:
you have a good point though, i should not even turn the pos on...i jus didnt know how else i was gonna get around....im not gonna be driving anymore at all...is this something that can be fixed? or is it "gone". you said 3 lit conversion...i dono much about this but i have seen them for like 2500+...and thats jus outta the question..sok jonny, i deserved that one i think

I did mine for about 2000.00

But that was myself.....for some one to do it your looking at 2500 for motor alone and atleast a 1000 in labor...you may have to consider a new vehical if price is out of the question for repair.

Maybe contact some local CEGers for advice or help???
They might be able to help you with a 3 liter?? And help you keep the cost down. Also, its cheaper to find a used 3 liter and get it installed than to find a new motor....The prices i gave you were or a new motor estimate.

Lupe

--------------------
3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles

Edited by Roz 1999 SVT-C (08/27/04 12:48 AM)

Hodge Podge
CEG'er

#696534 (Re: Roz 1999 SVT-C) 08/27/04 12:53 AM

well i am 17...i don have any where near the money required for repair or new engine...I have been saving up for months and months and only have 1500. i guess it's true what they say about fords...you know what i mean.i guess my car is gone then what can you get a complete 3 lieter conversion for...installed as well...jus an idea

--------------------
Slow ass svt

JonnySVT
Hard-core CEG'er

#696543 (Re: Hodge Podge) 08/27/04 12:59 AM

I have not found it true what they say about Fords...if you take care of your car, it will take care of you. Some cars just need less taking care of.

--------------------

Hodge Podge
CEG'er

#696551 (Re: JonnySVT) 08/27/04 01:03 AM

omg, i take perfect care of my car...i have had it less than a year and spent load and loads of money on it jus to keep it going......i usually strongly disagree with it but i am gonna say it FOUND ON ROAD DEAD pos...this is rediculous...should have picked up a civic...

--------------------
Slow ass svt

Hodge Podge
CEG'er

#696558 (Re: Hodge Podge) 08/27/04 01:08 AM

well to answer your question on the other post...it also makes the sound in nuetral....it is not a very loud sound....its a quiet rattle, that is only noticable while giveing it light throttle...wot and less will cover up the rattle...is there anything else that this could be? thanks guys

--------------------
Slow ass svt

JonnySVT
Hard-core CEG'er

#696559 (Re: Hodge Podge) 08/27/04 01:09 AM

I didn't say you had to spend tons and tons of money on it to keep it going, just to take care of it. You have been reg'd here for about a year and have not used this wonderful knowledgebase to your benefit I see. It is a very known problem and if it is the bearing, it was the owner's fault for not keeping the oil up to par or digging into right turns a lot. I'm sorry if you have had a bad experience with your Ford, but I have had no extraordinary problems with mine. I am also not manufacturer branded, I don't hate chevy's or hate ford's. At 17, I would expect you don't have enough experience with cars to make a manufacturer bias like that.

also, did you buy the car brand new, if you bought it used, then the damage could have already been started...

--------------------

Hodge Podge
CEG'er

#696566 (Re: JonnySVT) 08/27/04 01:16 AM

yes i bought it used....it is also my second one...and i think i have every right in the world to be bias with makes...my first csvt's brakes went at at 50 mph at an intersection, i nailed a van...i was badly injured as was my friend.....would be dead right now if it wasnt a safe car and for my seat belt. I think i have a reason to dislike ford, age doesnt matter...its what you have been through that counts....my car was 13k....I (parents) have put over 4k into it jus to keep it going...brakes we a major part of that as they SUCK, i know from experience...jus dont set me short because of my age, i can still have an opinion about cars...all i wanna do now is sell this pos and get something worth driving...dont feel obligated to responding cause i think i am jus done with this...

--------------------
Slow ass svt

JonnySVT
Hard-core CEG'er

Re: horrible engine noise
#696575 (Re: Hodge Podge) 08/27/04 01:22 AM

Quote:

yes i bought it used....it is also my second one...and i think i have every right in the world to be bias with makes...my first csvt's brakes went at at 50 mph at an intersection, i nailed a van...i was badly injured as was my friend.....would be dead right now if it wasnt a safe car and for my seat belt. I think i have a reason to dislike ford, age doesnt matter...its what you have been through that counts....my car was 13k....I (parents) have put over 4k into it jus to keep it going...brakes we a major part of that as they SUCK, i know from experience...jus dont set me short because of my age, i can still have an opinion about cars...all i wanna do now is sell this pos and get something worth driving...dont feel obligated to responding cause i think i am jus done with this...

I am not in any way setting you aside by your age. My point was that with a year or two's driving experience, you obviously don't have enough experience to pass judgements on a manufacturer. Hell, I don't think at any age there should be a bias on manufacturer, a preference is reasonable, but not a bias. Not very logical to me. I'm sorry that you put 4k into the car to keep it running, sounds like a stealership victory to me though. Knowledge is the key and you are lacking it in this situation IMHO. There is nothing better than free knowledge.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  horseydug, Ray 

Print Thread

Permissions
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4855

Jump to

Contact Us Contour.org

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Generated in 0.091 seconds in which 0.085 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Copyright 1999-2005 Lance Kinley

CEG and contour.org are not affiliated with nor endorsed by Ford Motor Company