General >> Troubleshooting

Pages: 1
gt6racer
New CEG'er

Reged: 03/29/04
Loc: Michigan
DPFE
#1308667 - 08/29/06 04:53 PM

My '99 SVT 50k miles had seemed a little sluggish for a while and then 402 came up. I ignored it for a while, but based on this board decided to replace the DPFE with the plastic one from Autozone. What a difference !!!!! Smoother idle and LOADS more kick when I step on the gas - it just wants to go faster. I was thinking of selling the car - now it's just like new. Thanks for the advice.
BTW it takes all of 30 minutes to do. ( And I did it on a hot engine !) You can't even ( easily ) mess up the hose connections as they are different sizes.

Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Reebs
Veteran CEG'er

Reged: 02/14/06
Loc: Southeast Michigan
Re: DPFE new
#1309092 (Re: gt6racer) 08/30/06 03:27 AM

Originally posted by gt6racer:
...but based on this board decided to replace the DPFE with the plastic one from Autozone. What a difference !!!!! Thanks for the advice.

Gotta love CEG!

--------------------
For Sale - 96 Tour Sport 2.5L MTX with SVT Exhaust, pre 98 trunklid with newer Contour Sport spoiler instead of lip spoiler, newer Contour sport rims. Newer paint job. Brand new floor mats. Rust Free! PM me for details and pics.

Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 40 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  horseydug, Ray 

Print Thread

Permissions
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 657

Jump to

Contact Us Contour.org

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Generated in 0.098 seconds in which 0.091 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Copyright 1999-2005 Lance Kinley

CEG and contour.org are not affiliated with nor endorsed by Ford Motor Company