Contour Enthusiasts Group CEG

General >> Troubleshooting

Pages: 1
m4gician
Veteran CEG'er

Reged: 06/05/06
Loc: Toronto (Woodbridge)
Power antenna motor gone? kaputz? finished?
#1303054 - 08/18/06 03:04 PM

Well I just replace dthe power antenna a few months ago and it was working fine until I came home on night and it went down for hte last time. The antenna won't move up and is stuck in the down position. I started noticing it when my radio would cut out on stations that I wouldn't hear static on. I checked and when turning on the deck, the antenna motor doesn't make the sound of it moving up and down? I've searched in the forums, but I was wondering if I can fix this problem by taking apart the motor or re lubing something? I tried lubricating the antenna but I think the motor is gone? What should I do to easily and cheaply fix this problem? BTW when I Was at the yard recently, all the Mystique LS's were gone so junk yard antenna motor is probably out of the question for now. TIA CEG

--------------------
1998 Mercury Mystique LS

- Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)

Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
todras
I have no life

Reged: 05/29/00
Loc: Grand Rapids, MI
Re: Power antenna motor gone? kaputz? finished? new
#1303061 (Re: m4gician) 08/18/06 03:09 PM

Originally posted by m4gician:
What should I do to easily and cheaply fix this problem? BTW when I Was at the yard recently, all the Mystique LS's were gone so junk yard antenna motor is probably out of the question for now. TIA CEG

www.car-part.com for used power antenna. Maybe Ebay or from Bill Jenkins for new.

--------------------
-'96 SE MTX 3L
-'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535
-'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride
-Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me

Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 16 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  horseydug, Ray 

Print Thread

Permissions
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 542

Jump to

Contact Us Contour.org

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Generated in 0.072 seconds in which 0.067 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Copyright 1999-2005 Lance Kinley

CEG and contour.org are not affiliated with nor endorsed by Ford Motor Company