Contour Enthusiasts Group CEG

General >> Troubleshooting

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)
Goonz SVT
Addicted CEG'er

Reged: 05/18/04
Posts: 9872
Loc: Pakistan, MA
MISSFIRING new
#1209527 - 04/06/06 07:35 PM

I dont know wtf is going on anymore..The car is missfiring at low RPMs around 3K, it seems to bogg. I replaced everything, new autolites and magnecors that are a month or so old..I dont know what is going on? I rechecked everything, it was all properly gapped and no sign og carbon. Is it somthing to do with my ignition? Im sooo lost, and theres no code on the missfiring..

--------------------
#0009









Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
MapOfTaziFoSho
Hard-core CEG'er

Reged: 09/01/02
Posts: 9065
Loc: The E.L.
Re: MISSFIRING new
#1209542 (Re: Goonz SVT) 04/06/06 07:44 PM

Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
I dont know wtf is going on anymore..The car is missfiring at low RPMs around 3K, it seems to bogg. I replaced everything, new autolites and magnecors that are a month or so old..I dont know what is going on? I rechecked everything, it was all properly gapped and no sign og carbon. Is it somthing to do with my ignition? Im sooo lost, and theres no code on the missfiring..




Coil pack with new plugs. This is what fixed mine. I had fouled out my plugs with the old pack so even changing the pack with someone else's coil didn't work. Just my .02 $

I could be wrong so don't take my advice too quickly...

--------------------
Born again on 04/09/06
FOR SALE:
Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade
PM ME!


Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Goonz SVT
Addicted CEG'er

Reged: 05/18/04
Posts: 9872
Loc: Pakistan, MA
Re: MISSFIRING new
#1209650 (Re: MapOfTaziFoSho) 04/06/06 10:38 PM

I searched and found this

Originally posted by chongo:
I thought I would post this incase any of you have this problem or for those that might get this problem.

Engine will misfire after it's sat warm. Either idling or stuck in traffic. Loss of power, engine may stall. Would run good (no misfires)if on highway or roads with little or no traffic. Misfires were on cylinder 2 & 3 no other codes.

I had been dealing with this issue for 10 months, not even Ford could figure it out. My two mechanics friends after months of fustration finally did last week.

Ford told me to stop using winter fuel and also said all my cats were bad, but wouldn't warranty them.....
(I took it to Ford 3 times)

I had changed wires, plugs, ignition coil, PCM computer, cam & crank sensors, ECT sensor, DPFE sesor, fuel filter twice, cleaned UIM & LIM, etc........you get the idea.

It was finally solved as the fuel pump was bad . It didn't show on any fuel line pressure tests or obd2 scanner tests.
Idle psi was fine, hold psi fine...etc.

I did appear finally last week when we tested the fuel line pessure again (I can't remember how many times we've done this) and the pump was only priming 5psi on a warm engine. I took 5 priming cycles to get to 25 psi. Cold engine was fine.
Don't ask me how that's possible I have no idea..

We just got very lucky that this happened!!!
As I said it never appeared before during pressure tests. Changed pump car runs like new.

I hope this helps someone, so that they don't have to go through the same time frame where you can only drive your car for 10 minutes and then have to let it sit for 1 hour before you can drive it again. Quick hops to 3 stores was impossible.

Thanks to everyone that tried to help, but none of you figured it was the fuel pump either......





you guys think that might be it? Ive completely ran out of soloutions..

--------------------
#0009









Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
cuda06
CEG'er

Reged: 10/16/04
Posts: 225
Loc: amarillo, tx
Re: MISSFIRING new
#1209758 (Re: Goonz SVT) 04/07/06 01:06 AM

I have been dealing with an almost identical problem to what you initially posted for quite some time now and have replaced plug wires (three times), plugs (twice), fuel filter, cleaned manifolds and tested nearly every sensor and valve that I can think of. I also replaced my coil pack with no success. I have never had any issues with idle or stalling but I do get the misfire/bogging in the same rpm range while under more than roughly half throttle. I hope that one of us runs across something soon that will benefit the other bc I know how frustrating a problem like this is.

--------------------
99 csvt
68 cuda fastback 340
00 gp gtp (wife)
01 gs500

Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Goonz SVT
Addicted CEG'er

Reged: 05/18/04
Posts: 9872
Loc: Pakistan, MA
Re: MISSFIRING new
#1209760 (Re: cuda06) 04/07/06 01:08 AM

Originally posted by cuda06:
I have been dealing with an almost identical problem to what you initially posted for quite some time now and have replaced plug wires (three times), plugs (twice), fuel filter, cleaned manifolds and tested nearly every sensor and valve that I can think of. I also replaced my coil pack with no success. I have never had any issues with idle or stalling but I do get the misfire/bogging in the same rpm range while under more than roughly half throttle. I hope that one of us runs across something soon that will benefit the other bc I know how frustrating a problem like this is.




then I guess for you, you should try a new fuel pump

--------------------
#0009









Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
FavoriteMystaque
Hard-core CEG'er

Reged: 10/17/04
Posts: 1456
Re: MISSFIRING new
#1209954 (Re: Goonz SVT) 04/07/06 04:36 AM

Are the wires in the plastic holders going over the engine? It seems you checked for carbon tracking. On my Mystique one of the wires sits kind of close to a ground screw, make sure the wires are away from metal.

Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Tourige
Hard-core CEG'er

Reged: 05/25/04
Posts: 3637
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Re: MISSFIRING new
#1209968 (Re: FavoriteMystaque) 04/07/06 04:54 AM

check the fuel filter, it might be plugged and causing some resistance on the fuel pressure. Hell get a Fuel pressure gauge to see whats going on.

--------------------
99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760
230.2 WHP @ 6500
237.0 WTR @ 2250

Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.




much like your weiner.




Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Goonz SVT
Addicted CEG'er

Reged: 05/18/04
Posts: 9872
Loc: Pakistan, MA
Re: MISSFIRING new
#1209976 (Re: Tourige) 04/07/06 05:00 AM

Originally posted by Tourige:
check the fuel filter, it might be plugged and causing some resistance on the fuel pressure. Hell get a Fuel pressure gauge to see whats going on.




fuel filter is brand new, not even a month old. I inspected the plugs and wires today and it all seemed legit, no sign of carbon buildup

--------------------
#0009









Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Tourige
Hard-core CEG'er

Reged: 05/25/04
Posts: 3637
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Re: MISSFIRING new
#1209980 (Re: Goonz SVT) 04/07/06 05:02 AM

Fuel pres Guage? that'll tell you if the pump is dying.

--------------------
99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760
230.2 WHP @ 6500
237.0 WTR @ 2250

Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.




much like your weiner.




Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Goonz SVT
Addicted CEG'er

Reged: 05/18/04
Posts: 9872
Loc: Pakistan, MA
Re: MISSFIRING new
#1209981 (Re: Tourige) 04/07/06 05:03 AM

Originally posted by Tourige:
Fuel pres Guage? that'll tell you if the pump is dying.




i havent done that yet, dont know howto

--------------------
#0009









Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)


Extra information
0 registered and 23 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  horseydug, Ray 

Print Thread

Permissions
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5719

Jump to

Contact Us Contour.org

*
UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Generated in 0.167 seconds in which 0.161 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Copyright 1999-2005 Lance Kinley

CEG and contour.org are not affiliated with nor endorsed by Ford Motor Company