Contour Enthusiasts Group CEG

General >> Group Buy

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)
contourd
Veteran CEG'er

Reged: 07/02/02
Loc: Orlando Florida
Re: HEADERS GROUP BUY!!! new
#4556 (Re: PA 3L SVT) 08/20/02 03:51 PM

Is anyone able to get the Zetec Manifolds?? Or will the Focus work??

--------------------
John
Was 96 Contour Zetec RIP
Now 2001 Chrysler 300M....
I Will Have Another Soon...
I AM NO TRADER......

Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
SVTnKC
Veteran CEG'er

Reged: 02/26/02
Loc: kansas City MO
#4564 (Re: todras) 08/20/02 03:55 PM

LOOK here it is....and read carefully because it says that it COMES with the mil simulators, so there's no need to go looking for one!

Home About MSDS Product Overview Exhaust & Headers
Air Intake Systems Specialty Products Project Vehicles

WHAT'S NEW?

MSDS is now producing a High Output Shorty Header Set

MSDS is now producing a High Output Shorty Header Set with High Flow Y-pipe for the '95 and up Ford Contour, Mercury Mystique, and '99 and up Cougar with the 2.5 litre Duratec V6 engine. The headers are made from 16 gauge cold roll 1.625" mandrel bent tubing, laser cut flanges, and retain all oe emissions fittings. The Y-pipe is made from twin 2" mandrel bent tubes, has a welded support bracket, and mates to the oe catalytic converter. These are ceramic coated (1,500f), and include hardware, gaskets, and M-I-L simulators, for a total bolt on installation.

The headers have shown as much as 30 fwhp increase when combined with a high flow air cleaner and cat back exhaust system, on our '99 Cougar test vehicle. Please specify your transmission type/ year/ and either 2 or 3 bolt cat converter inlet flange when ordering. The 3 bolt converter flange is usually on all automatics. Most vehicles produced after Nov. '99 came with the 3 bolt style, and is most noticeable by the large flex connector just past the first flange. 2 bolt styles used a donut gasket without the flex joint.

If you are using these headers on the Vortec (brand) supercharger kit, please special order the MSDS pn HO811 headers, $710.00 per set, which have a special FRONT header for blower clearance

That's it! that's all thats on the site...and when i talked to the guy on the phone HE said a MAX of 40 hp gain! Yet, the site says 30, so believe what you want! And Todras i don't need your insults...i'm just trying to help everyone and myself get some aftermarket products on our cars! Sorry if you don't believe what was said, but that's what i was told! ANYWAY! Please let me know if you are in. I have 30 days from the time i tell him we want in...to the time i need ALL the money! THANKS GUYS! and Email me or PM me with any questions.

--------------------
MY TOYS
98.5 Black/Midnight Blue SVT
2003 Yellow Honda CBR 600 RR
2004 Green/wht. Yamaha 740XL Waverunner
Waiting on a hood, to see what my next step is for the SVT.

frenchblueC2
Smurfette

Reged: 05/14/01
Loc: Manchester, NH
#4648 (Re: SVTnKC) 08/20/02 05:15 PM

I can also post a link to this thread over on NECO, if you wouldn't mind cougar owners joining in on your group buy.

--------------------
Kim
1995 Contour GL

Needs less "needs more"

Dan Nixon
Hard-core CEG'er

Reged: 06/09/00
Loc: Virginia
#4897 (Re: SVTnKC) 08/20/02 08:30 PM

Originally posted by SVTnKC:

The headers have shown as much as 30 fwhp increase when combined with a high flow air cleaner and cat back exhaust system, on our '99 Cougar test vehicle.

That's it! that's all thats on the site...and when i talked to the guy on the phone HE said a MAX of 40 hp gain! Yet, the site says 30, so believe what you want!

Just to set the record straight on HP gains..
The 30 HP gain was for both headers + catback & intake. Catback & intake together worth about 10 HP in several CEG dynos. So 20 HP for MSDS headers and Y pipe. Except the dynos were done with 2 different cars, so we really did not have baseline with same car...

Persons here have gained anywhere from 4 HP to 12 HP with the set with pre post dynos. 4 HP maybe a bit underestimated because no A/F tuning done. I think gains of about 8-12 HP for MSDS headers & Y together about right. Maybe more for 3L & S/C applications. And FYI, the MSDS Y-pipe may account for alot of that gain ...it was shown to gain 4 HP over another aftermarket Y.

Not knocking product (as it is a good relatively cost effective mod for us) but I think gains of MUCH less that 30 HP can be expected. Get the price down a bit more and I may think about it..

--------------------
1999 Amazon Green SVT Contour (#554/2760)

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."
-Soren Kierkegaard (as posted by Jato)

slick 95 gl
CEG'er

Reged: 07/03/01
Loc: Kentucky
#5136 (Re: contourd) 08/21/02 12:28 AM

Originally posted by contourd:
Is anyone able to get the Zetec Manifolds?? Or will the Focus work??

what he said

--------------------

1995 Contour Gl Atx w/mods/ - Daily driver
2003 evo - for sale

SVTnKC
Veteran CEG'er

#5242 (Re: slick 95 gl) 08/21/02 03:01 AM

French BLue...I dont' mind AT ALL...Bring them in! The more then better and if we can get more than 15 the price drops! tell Them if they are interest they can Email me at Puckin_around@msn.com OR just send them the link to this page!~!

Dan Nixon, i would love to drop the price but it's not my product to sell...i'm just trying to get the product for myself cheaper than i would have to pay if i bought it alone and let some others in on the deal as well! Sorry man...but if we get about 15 that's the only way it drops!

Ok so far here's who i have interested...
SvTurbo911
RTstabler41
ME
ANd a guy from SVTPerformace.com
......anyone else...??????

--------------------
MY TOYS

KnuKonceptz
Hard-core CEG'er

Reged: 03/30/01
Loc: Cleveland,OH
#5357 (Re: SVTnKC) 08/21/02 05:18 AM

I have had my MSDS Headers for a long time, I have not dyno'ed since adding them. Yes the car does seem to have more power and does seem to reach redline faster. These headers will not add anywhere near 30-40 hp by themselves. I would say more like 10-15 at the wheels. This is just my .02 given my track times before and after installing. They do also add a nice tone to the exhaust note, it is a very pleasant throaty sound

They are much better than just gutting your exisiting manifolds. Once you see a stock manifold and these headers side by side, you will all then wake up and see how restrictive the stockers are. Gutting the cats may be free, but I dont think its worth the effort if your looking to get larger power down the road.

--------------------
Previous Owner of 00 SVT Contour #1077/2150
95 Contour SE '01 3L

showtime
CEG'er

Reged: 09/06/00
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
#5606 (Re: KnuKonceptz) 08/21/02 01:29 PM

I'm defiantly interested....i'll have to se how my funding is going to be....when do you think we will need the cash?

--------------------
2000 SVT (silver)
#1529 of 2150
-------------------
yeah...its modded

"having no way as way and no limitation as limitation"

SVTnKC
Veteran CEG'er

#5613 (Re: KnuKonceptz) 08/21/02 01:38 PM

Thanks KnuKoncepts for the input...always helps! And Showtime i'll put you on the list for being interested! Also...i know you got my check for the hood...but did you cash it yet? if you haven't you can! Anyway ANYONE else!!! Let me know if you are interested! THANKS

--------------------
MY TOYS

RTStabler51
Hard-core CEG'er

Reged: 10/13/00
Loc: On the short bus
#5625 (Re: SVTnKC) 08/21/02 01:48 PM

how many do you have so far??

--------------------
Ryan
Trollin!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  1314 

Print Thread

Permissions
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7423

Jump to

Contact Us Contour.org

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Generated in 0.06 seconds in which 0.054 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Copyright 1999-2005 Lance Kinley

CEG and contour.org are not affiliated with nor endorsed by Ford Motor Company