Contour Enthusiasts Group CEG

General >> General

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Cheapo Mystique-o
CEG'er

Reged: 09/13/03
Posts: 129
Loc: Pen Argyl, PA.
So I just bought a '95 Mystique..
#404152 - 09/13/03 11:24 PM

..So I thought I'd join this fine messageboard.

I bought this puppy sight-unseen, and still haven't seen it. It's being delivered next week. It's the LS Young America Edition. V6 = Yum!

Here's some pics:







Please, educate a newbie. What kind of wierd little things tend to go wrong with Contours/Mystiques? I've owned a '96 Contour SE V6, and I've seen firsthand the joys of their water pump issues..

Taking into consideration the work it needs (bumper, headlights, windshield, and airbags)... Do you think it was a good deal for $280? (I've estimated it to be about $250 for the headlights, bumper, and airbags.. I haven't gotten a price on the windshield yet, though. Frankly, I'm a little scared.)

I'm still surprised I won it for that cheap.. The seller has really good feedback, and he delivers (and it's about a buck a mile.)

So whatcha guys think?

--------------------
1995 Mercury Mystique - The $280 Wondercar. Sold for $96.
1996 Toyota Camry LE - At least it ran.
1988 Ford Bronco Custom - Chock full of get-up-and-slow.
1996 Taurus Wagon LX - In loving memory. *sniff*

Edited by Cheapo Mystique-o (09/14/03 12:05 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Y2KGreenSE
Hard-core CEG'er

Reged: 06/06/00
Posts: 2580
Loc: DuPage Co. IL
Re: So I just bought a '95 Mystique.. new
#404171 (Re: Cheapo Mystique-o) 09/13/03 11:55 PM

A CEG member, "MystiqueSVT" has a car like this one. (May have sold it by not though.)

$280 isn't bad for all the good parts on it.



--------------------
2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 SE, Code Red. '00 Tropic Green Ford Escort SE [Contour's little cousin]

Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Cheapo Mystique-o
CEG'er

Reged: 09/13/03
Posts: 129
Loc: Pen Argyl, PA.
Re: So I just bought a '95 Mystique.. new
#404188 (Re: Y2KGreenSE) 09/14/03 12:19 AM

Originally posted by 2000GreenTour:
A CEG member, "MystiqueSVT" has a car like this one. (May have sold it by not though.)

$280 isn't bad for all the good parts on it.






That's what I'm thinking. The seller says it runs like a dream, and I'm crossing my fingers. Though it's good to know there's always a plan B.

--------------------
1995 Mercury Mystique - The $280 Wondercar. Sold for $96.
1996 Toyota Camry LE - At least it ran.
1988 Ford Bronco Custom - Chock full of get-up-and-slow.
1996 Taurus Wagon LX - In loving memory. *sniff*

Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Bullet
Hard-core CEG'er

Reged: 05/13/02
Posts: 3345
Loc: Land of the Newfs
Re: So I just bought a '95 Mystique.. new
#404579 (Re: Cheapo Mystique-o) 09/14/03 03:15 PM

Runs like a dream, and you got it for $280? I'd say the engine alone is worth that, not to mention the leather interior, wheels, glass, etc.
BTW, your pictures aren't showing up. When I try to copy and paste the properties, Internet Exploder freezes up.

--------------------
1996 MM
Zetec, ATX
192000 kms...not dead, but I'm not fixing it

White people love Wayne Brady because he makes Bryant Gumbel look like Malcolm X.

Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Klasse Act
Hard-core CEG'er

Reged: 05/28/00
Posts: 9196
Loc: Macomb Township MI USA
Re: So I just bought a '95 Mystique.. new
#404636 (Re: Bullet) 09/14/03 04:16 PM

First off, welcome aboard Theres really not any "rare" Contiques, except for yours, so I say put some money into it (seeing you didn't really spend any to buy it ) and enjoy! Think about it, a paint job can be had for about $2K, so that would take care of that, if it needs it. If your not going to keep it stock, add some FSVT rims painted white leaving the lip silver, get the misc parts bought and installed and drive the heck out of it. BTW, one little thing you might want to replace is the cabin filter In closing, if it isn't up to snuff, part it out, you'll make your money back and then some i.e. the center reflector and tailights which work on the Tour and give it a different look altogether, I know, I did this

--------------------
"THEE" Roger R
USMondeo@aol.com
2005 Crossfire Limited coupe'
-FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll...
-throw in my 93' Regal as winter car
*Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th*
Puur-fection Auto Detailing
Complete packages from $140.00

Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Cheapo Mystique-o
CEG'er

Reged: 09/13/03
Posts: 129
Loc: Pen Argyl, PA.
Re: So I just bought a '95 Mystique.. new
#404888 (Re: Klasse Act) 09/14/03 11:39 PM

Originally posted by The Striped SVT:
First off, welcome aboard Theres really not any "rare" Contiques, except for yours, so I say put some money into it (seeing you didn't really spend any to buy it ) and enjoy! Think about it, a paint job can be had for about $2K, so that would take care of that, if it needs it. If your not going to keep it stock, add some FSVT rims painted white leaving the lip silver, get the misc parts bought and installed and drive the heck out of it. BTW, one little thing you might want to replace is the cabin filter In closing, if it isn't up to snuff, part it out, you'll make your money back and then some i.e. the center reflector and tailights which work on the Tour and give it a different look altogether, I know, I did this




As far as we know, the paint's alright, and we've got a white bumper waiting on us.. So paint's not something that's crossed my mind yet. I have ever intention of getting some funky wheels.. I'm trying to keep moderation in mind, just for my own financial security - I'm hoping to buy a new car next spring.

If this car isn't up to snuff, I have two options - If it runs well enough to be a beater car, I could hook my dad up - He commutes an hour and a half each way to work, and his '00 Cavalier sounds like a can of peanuts. If it's not good enough for that, then it'll be Ebay'd in bits and pieces.

Here's a question for you guys.. In all my searching, I haven't seen a car of this edition without a sunroof or a wing.. (Then again, I didn't see too many...) Were those options that mine just didn't come with?

All in all, I'm still intrigued. I'm calling the seller tomorrow to set up a date to meet my car and deliver the last half of the payment either Thursday or Friday.

By the way - Yeah, my pictures don't work half the time. Crappy server. It's two bucks a month - I can't complain if it works at least 20% of the time, when I'm paying 20% of what a real server costs.

--------------------
1995 Mercury Mystique - The $280 Wondercar. Sold for $96.
1996 Toyota Camry LE - At least it ran.
1988 Ford Bronco Custom - Chock full of get-up-and-slow.
1996 Taurus Wagon LX - In loving memory. *sniff*

Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Nate S
Hard-core CEG'er

Reged: 12/20/02
Posts: 2489
Loc: minneapolis, MN and Clinton, NY
Re: So I just bought a '95 Mystique.. new
#404929 (Re: Cheapo Mystique-o) 09/15/03 12:31 AM

I think 280 bucks sounds amazing. How many miles does it have on it?

--------------------
1998 T-Red CSVT 3.0L



Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Cheapo Mystique-o
CEG'er

Reged: 09/13/03
Posts: 129
Loc: Pen Argyl, PA.
Re: So I just bought a '95 Mystique.. new
#404974 (Re: Nate S) 09/15/03 01:39 AM

140k.. It's just being broken in. My old Contour was a '97, and when I traded it in two years ago, it had 150k on it.. Which it handled pretty well.

--------------------
1995 Mercury Mystique - The $280 Wondercar. Sold for $96.
1996 Toyota Camry LE - At least it ran.
1988 Ford Bronco Custom - Chock full of get-up-and-slow.
1996 Taurus Wagon LX - In loving memory. *sniff*

Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
oldmanriver
Veteran CEG'er

Reged: 05/29/03
Posts: 800
Re: So I just bought a '95 Mystique.. new
#405057 (Re: Cheapo Mystique-o) 09/15/03 03:14 AM

ill give you 500 bucks for it

Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Tim
Hard-core CEG'er

Reged: 10/07/02
Posts: 1165
Loc: Dallas, TX USA
Re: So I just bought a '95 Mystique.. new
#405110 (Re: Cheapo Mystique-o) 09/15/03 04:32 AM

Originally posted by Cheapo Mystique-o:
..So I thought I'd join this fine messageboard.

I bought this puppy sight-unseen, and still haven't seen it. It's being delivered next week. It's the LS Young America Edition. V6 = Yum!

Here's some pics:







Please, educate a newbie. What kind of wierd little things tend to go wrong with Contours/Mystiques? I've owned a '96 Contour SE V6, and I've seen firsthand the joys of their water pump issues..

Taking into consideration the work it needs (bumper, headlights, windshield, and airbags)... Do you think it was a good deal for $280? (I've estimated it to be about $250 for the headlights, bumper, and airbags.. I haven't gotten a price on the windshield yet, though. Frankly, I'm a little scared.)

I'm still surprised I won it for that cheap.. The seller has really good feedback, and he delivers (and it's about a buck a mile.)

So whatcha guys think?




That sure is a clean engine bay for 140k miles. I know my 140k Mystique LS Duratec has a really, really dirty engine bay.

Tim

--------------------
'01 GTP: 3.3" pulley, Headers, 3" Exhaust, Straight Pipe, Intense Air to Water Intercooler.Pictures
Old Ride: 95 Mystique LS V6 ATX: Pictures

Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)


Extra information
0 registered and 40 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  GTO Pete, Trapps 

Print Thread

Permissions
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 797

Jump to

Contact Us Contour.org

*
UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Generated in 0.034 seconds in which 0.027 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Copyright 1999-2005 Lance Kinley

CEG and contour.org are not affiliated with nor endorsed by Ford Motor Company