• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Zetec exhaust manifold cracks

Sable23

Veteran CEG'er
so i just saw the thread about the duratec manifolds cracking and it reminded me of the cracked zetec manifolds I have seen.
DSCF8386.jpg

if you notice the hose clamp on my old exhaust manifold there was a large crack there. and i got another manifold (free) from my uncle and it is starting to crack in the same place. he was putting a zetec (old zetec had a piston that disintegrated) in a mystique that also had a crack developing in the same place. wondering if anyone else has ever noticed this?

so since no one else has seemed to notice this on their cars, i am going to ask if the post 97 or cougar manifolds are the same or if they are an updated version, if so, will they fit on a pre 98? also remembered that all the ones i have seen are on pre 98 manifolds

so since no one else has seemed to notice this on their cars, i am going to ask if the post 97 or cougar manifolds are the same or if they are an updated version, if so, will they fit on a pre 98? also remembered that all the ones i have seen are on pre 98 manifolds
i have only heard of this happening on a few other Zetecs, all of which were pre98s IIRC. the 98+ manifold is different in several ways but the most obvious is the lack of a port for the EGR tube. while it will bolt to the engine, i dont believe it would line up with the stock pre98 cat/downpipe.

Back