• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Zetec Contour/Cougar header info

okay dokie smoky lol. cant wait. im buyin one in feburary, so this will help me out.

well, I've got the sound clip, but it's 14.4 megs in size and the accoustics of my garage didn't help in the recording. Any thoughts on how to upload it?

Sorry it took so long...

I created a car domain site and uploaded a couple of exhaust clips. I previously mentioned that it is pretty loud. Well, I recently found that two of my exhaust gaskets had blown apart so they were leaking. The gaskets that come with this header are all paper material and suck. I purchased a couple of replacement gaskets from the parts store with a metal layer - much better. Car sounds great now. Here is my car domain site:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2750732

Header well worth the $$$

ill be checkin them out, i just bought the header from them too, it shipped out today :cool:. Also, for future reference people, this is the same header as promo tunning and on weapon-r's website. :cool:

edit: no links to sound clips on car domain???

Last edited:
The sound clips are videos. Go to my videos section, there should be two available. The custom exhaust video is the most current. The car farts a bit when I let off the pedal, but if I go smooth it sounds pretty good.:eek:

I've got some pretty good pics to.. pretty good looking stock 96 if I don't say so myself :)

its so quite with the 2 mufflers on it. wow i expected it to be much louder.

Back