• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Zaino Ultimate Kit

Goonz SVT

Hard-core CEG'er
Well I have a few scheduled details comming up so I thought Id take Rodgers advice and invest in a proper detail kit. After seeing Mike and Kim (Cobra & Frenchblue) zaino the crap outa their car, i figured I go with that. I purchased their Ultimate Car kit which is the daddy of all the kits they have :)

ZKIT-2.jpg
  1. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]
  2. ZFX™ Flash Cure Accelerator Additive
  3. Z-2 PRO™ Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes
  4. Z-5 PRO™ Show Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches
  5. Z-6™ Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray
  6. Z-7™ Show Car Wash
  7. Z-9™ Leather Soft Spray Cleaner
  8. Z-10™ Leather in a Bottle
  9. Z-16™ Perfect Tire Gloss
  10. Z-18™ ClayBar
  11. Zaino Metallic Silver Decal
  12. & TWO Zaino Custom Polish Applicator for FREE![/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Im pumped cause my current schedule goes the following..

Mercedes SLK
Mercedes CLK
Z06
Escalade
G35
Tahoe

obv. my car will be in there :)
any advice you guys would like to share? thanks

my advise is do you have a high power orbital sander/buffer? (i.e. Porter Cable/ Black and Decker?) Applying with those and have LOTS OF MICROFIBRE and TERRY CLOTH pads, other than that, you're set. Just keep your p*nis out of the tailpipes okay? :p

the bottles suggest it can do up to 10-12 mid size cars. I wont Zaino all those cars, just the nice ones like the Z06, Mercs and obv. my car, and the G :)

I would get orbitals but I like using my hand..

I just did a torrado red explorer and it came out awsome. What I do is start with meguiers step one (cleaner) and my orbital buffer from Sears. The step one cleans most contaiments off before the wax goes on. Then 2 or 3 coats of Z2 or Z5 on top of that then the Z6 to top it off. Depending on vehicale I will put the Z6 in between coats. Still haven't tried the clay bar it just doesn't seem worth it. If I have something really bad I take out the 3M. But I just got Zaino's scratch and swirl remover can't wait to try it on some small scratches. Make sure you use up all the ZFX within the specified time mine dried up.

Goonz, you are going to LOVE this stuff!! If you remember my semi-recent thread with pics I took of the car, I included a picture of the ZAINO package I bought. I believe it's the step right below the one you got. Doesn't come with the leather products, or the tire shine.

Anyway, wash the car with Dawn soap. Use a cheap-o detailer spray with the clay bar, because there's no sense in wasting the ZAINO spray. claybar the entire car. Washing the car again, after the claybar is optional. I had a buddy of mine come over and use an orbital PC with Poor Boy's product, but you don't have to(obviously). I did one coat of Z5-Pro. Whiped the entire car down with the ZAINO detailing spray and MF towels. Then one coat of Z2-Pro. Then another whipe down with the ZAINO detailing spray. If you have the time, go with another layer of the Z2-Pro, and detail spray the car again. This is what Pete recommended to me for the most part, and it works!

Oh, and when you get that box from ZAINO, open the box and take a big whiff!! Smell every single product they give you! They all smell AWESOME!! I just wanted to take a bite out of the claybar.. :D

Mark

Anyway, wash the car with Dawn soap.
Hooo boy! Prepare yourself for the forthcoming flames! :eek:

However, I feel (and think Pete agrees with this if I remember correctly) that a once in a while (probably no more than once a year as a prep for a full detail) wash with Dawn is fine if it is properly diluted. Read the discussion here.

Hooo boy! Prepare yourself for the forthcoming flames! :eek:

However, I feel (and think Pete agrees with this if I remember correctly) that a once in a while (probably no more than once a year as a prep for a full detail) wash with Dawn is fine if it is properly diluted. Read the discussion here.

That was my point. I'm guessing these cars have probably never been waxed. Rich people seem to go through the automatic washes, and are either too busy, or don't know enough to wax them, or have them waxed. The Dawn soap will remove any old wax that might be on them now, and any grease buildup. I don't recommend using Dawn soap for every wash, unless you like removing the wax that you just worked so hard to put on! After the waxing, I use a quality soap/shampoo such as the ZAINO or Meguiars NXT.

Mark

That was my point. I'm guessing these cars have probably never been waxed. Rich people seem to go through the automatic washes, and are either too busy, or don't know enough to wax them, or have them waxed. The Dawn soap will remove any old wax that might be on them now, and any grease buildup. I don't recommend using Dawn soap for every wash, unless you like removing the wax that you just worked so hard to put on! After the waxing, I use a quality soap/shampoo such as the ZAINO or Meguiars NXT.

Mark

Mark im really not going to go outa town on their cars cause honestly they wont notice that much of a difference as say you or I would ya know. Hell I use my meguiars GC and they love it! I bought the Zaino mostly for myself and my brothers car. I will however use it on the Z06 and the Mercedes SLK since that black is amazing!

Zaino is good stuff. My routine is:

Wash with Dawn
dry car with white towels
Claybar using dawn dishsoap/water mix and zaino claybar.
Wash car with Dawn
dry with white towels.

Take swirls out if needed

Apply z2
wipe clean with DIFFERENT towel than you used to dry.
Spray and detail with Zaino spray (z8 if you want big shine)
z2
repeat as necessary!

Dan

Back