• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

YAY! X-Cal 3

Teal4Banger

CEG'er
I just ordered an X-Cal 3 from Nautilus Performance today with tune ($479 :nonono: ). :laugh: I can't wait to get it. Has anyone else used this tuner on their zetec? I've heard good things about the x-cal2 and was told the x-cal3 is pretty much the same thing.

Anyone with helpful info is encouraged to share :help: :laugh:

-Teal

I have the Xcal2 for the zetec. very easy to use and works great. im sure youll love the xcal3

I was told I can modify certain settings without any special software, however the bulk of the tune needs to be created by the dealer with the software. Not sure how accurate this is.

I was speaking with Joey from Nautilus.

You can do slight modifications to the tune that is given to you with the xCal. Things like when the cooling fans turn on, ignition timing, etc.

With the PRP software, you can modify absolutely everything and blow stuff up.

Just "tuning" through the xCal is much safer.

BP

Well I got my x-cal3 today and tried to program my car. It got almost finished then failed. Error reading file. THen it said that my car was not supported. Then it said that my car was the wrong vehicle. :nonono:

Disappointing. I'll try contacting nautilous.

AKAM9A6 is what it is identifying my vehicle as. :shrug:

The bad part is that my car now runs very rough and when I try to return it to stock it fails saying wrong vehicle. Man this sucks!

I'll update after I find out more.

Ur dealing with Nautilus, No worries..... Just a couple days slowed down to not use or take it easy on the car...

Im planning on gettin an XCal3 on mine 2 after my swap and a couple checks!

- amyn

Well, got the tune working finally with some help from the SCT Tech Support. Joey from Nautilous has been very kind and supportive as well.

The Xcal3 is a bit pricey ($479 w/ custom tune), and you cant adjust the shift points or firmness on the older contours with ATX (like mine :nonono: ) but I was able to try out an 89 tune and a 91 octane tune. Definately noticed a difference from both. When I go WOT now I feel my tranny slip and a hear it buzz (I don't think that's good). I'm not sure if I wanna go any further for fear of blowing up the sluchbox.... :shrug: If I just push it a little bit it runs great

... darn header is kinda loud to, but that's another thread... :eek:

joey and tom are GREAT guys. trust me we all are so lucky to have such respected members offering things like they do to us and the neco folks.

ContourGuy:

I went on your cardomain, saw your profile pic:)drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: ) and went back to CEG. I was so distracted, I forgot I went on to look at a car...

Back