• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

y pipe has no O2 bung

Damien

CEG'er
Got a y pipe from a guy on here, and went to get it put on.... guy didn't want to do it because there was no O2 bung on the new one. Is this normal? Should I have him put a bung in? tried to search but didn't really find what I was looking for. Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you got an OBD-I pipe with no secondary O2. You can just put a bung in, or get a newer y-pipe. Or get MIL eliminators.

02 bungholio

02 bungholio

he told me not having the rear 02 would screw up the computer, and it would mess up the amount of fuel sent to the engine. Is this true. I would just get the miliminator otherwise, but don't want it running like dump.

he told me not having the rear 02 would screw up the computer, and it would mess up the amount of fuel sent to the engine. Is this true. I would just get the miliminator otherwise, but don't want it running like dump.
That is incorrect.

The secondary O2's only monitor the precat performance. You can use MIL Eliminators on them.

95's do have a spot for a bung, just is filled with a super bolt like thing....at least that is how mine is.

my 98.5 have O2 (two on the pre-cats and one on the y-pipe) i bought a msds used without bung so right now my y-pipe O2 is unplug until i found a solution, car seem to run normal but im waiting to put a MIL on it cause now i have a CEL

no bungholio

no bungholio

I have a late nov. 99 and mine has two on the headers and one on the y... I'm just going to put the thing on... chack engine light is already on.... what's one more reason for it to be...

Back