• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

worlds worst sound

CSVTkid

CEG'er
Sometimes when im going up a big hill or making a tight turn ill hear the scrape of my body kit, and i hate it. Ive learned my lessons, but im wondering how to fix scratches and chips in the paint. I dont know much about painting or touching up cars, but i was wondering if anyone can help me on teaching me there ways, can i just buy coverup paint and paint over the marks or what. please help:help:

Sometimes when im going up a big hill or making a tight turn ill hear the scrape of my body kit, and i hate it. Ive learned my lessons, but im wondering how to fix scratches and chips in the paint. I dont know much about painting or touching up cars, but i was wondering if anyone can help me on teaching me there ways, can i just buy coverup paint and paint over the marks or what. please help:help:
If you want it to look like the scratch or chip was never there.. you gotta find the touch up paint for your car color, clean the area, apply the paint, wet sand the paint to level out the surface, then buff the area. If the chip has reached bare metal, you gotta put primer on before you touch up.

Here's an in-depth article. http://guidetodetailing.com/articles.php?articleId=27

IMO i would let a professional do it..The guy at my moms dealership does wonders and is fairly priced..Find yourself a scratch doctor etc in you area and let him give you an estimate..You wont regret it..

Back