• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Will Mondeo MK2 bumper fit on '98 Contour?

L00fah

CEG'er
The question is in the topic. :)

I'd like to get as much details about this as possible before I decide whether or not to try this.
So does anybody know if it'd be a good fit and if the bolt patterns are the same?
With enough money/determination, you can make anything fit... So I know it's possible, wondering HOW difficult it'll be though.

And if it turns out I could manage this, would anyone know where I can buy it from? I've only found maybe one or two sites, not sure on the shipping yet.

Or would it be easier/cheaper to shave down my own bumper?

From the looks of that picture, it would seem he just needs to shave the reinforcement for his bumper...
I'm pretty sure this will fit without any extensive/expensive modding. To the best I can tell, the Fender is different (contour v. mondeo) in length, from wheel to door, not wheel to bumper.
I've been wrong before.
At any rate, I'm going to try.

even with the reinforcement in place the mondeo bumper undercuts the headlights as the curvature is different between the Contour and Mondeo lights.. removing the reinforcment will make that even worse.

Hm... I see your point.
I know it's possible, without a doubt. I'm talkin' to a dude who did it through emails.
The most difficult part was machining a custom aluminum bumper to fit. I have no clue how it'll fix the headlight problem though.

Alright... So I decided to go ahead and go for it... but any idea what kind of material I should use for the bumper extensions? I'm going to add to the bumper rather than the aluminum.

Back