• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Where to find the gray headliner fabric?

AGrayson84

CEG'er
Hi everyone, the headliner fabric on the moon-roof slider of my MNB interior CSVT starting coming undone. I removed the slider cover yesterday, and then removed the rest of the headliner fabric from the slider. I scraped what was left of the foam and glue off of the slider, but it doesn't look like it's going to be easy to lay the existing headliner fabric back in place without getting glue from the spray adhesive all over it. Can't really stretch the existing edges of the fabric to easily line up once the glue is laid down.

Aside from hoping to find another Contour/Mystique with the same gray headliner, in good condition, in a salvage yard (finding these cars in a salvage yard has proven to be tough, and that's not specifically trying to find an SVT model) or something and salvaging a piece of headliner fabric from portion of the headliner (ie: behind the moon-roof, if equipped with a moon-roof)... does anyone have any idea where I can find some color-matching fabric for this?

Any other cars beside the Contour/Mystique that share the same color gray headliner that I can maybe salvage some fabric from? Maybe a Ford Explorer, etc?? Thanks!!

-Andrew

I ended up buying a used shade/slider to replace mine that had the same issue. I tried the spray adhesives and they didn't work. In the end I just took my car to an auto upholstery place and they had no problem matching the fabric and putting a new liner on it. I'm sure they could do the same for you if you find a place locally. Turned out pretty much perfect, except the foam backing they used is a little thicker than stock, so the shade/slider is a little harder to slide.

Back